Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Abel Ruiz wrote: »
    I remember you dismissing this in the first thread and mocking people that were panicking. And that everyone was overreacting.

All the best to you Mr. Hanks.

oh-the-irony-ironing-man-ironing-iron-man-with-an-7017729.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Morpork wrote: »
    Has the Three network gone down? Can't make any phone calls. Everyone panic calling?
    Nope that is just the normal service on three

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,451 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Selfish question: I get married in July here in Ireland. Do we think it will be cancelled?

If you're lucky. Be honest, you haven't fancied each other in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Lad I know in Dublin has two Italian housemates, they have been in country for 6+months. The lad comes back to house lastnight to find it full of sleeping bags. His housemates have taken in 10, yes 10, of their friends who have flown in from Italy. They are from the worst infection area and were too afraid to stay so why not hop on a cheap flight to Ireland. Imagine how many other Italians are getting out before the flights shut down on friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

gmisk wrote: »
    Er chocolate and beer surely!

Well yes...but apart from chocolate and beer, what have the belgians given us?

(Thank you for indulging me)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

The ban extends to anyone who has been in a Schengen country in the last 14 days so they wont get through US immigration control if they try and reroute through Ireland.

Yeah but they'll get as far as here! I'm sure the fact they have homeland security check here was part of their decision making.

They'll be turned around in terminal 2. You'd want to be mad to go anywhere near the airport these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

This is actually mad. And it’s only going to get worse. I think with things like the level red storms and the warnings that go with them I kind of have an in built “it’ll all be over soon” mentality. But the reality is this won’t be all over soon. It’s only going to get worse. Fcuk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭Fleetwoodmac

gmisk wrote: »
    Nope that is just the normal service on three

Cant get through either... saying network busy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

lawred2 wrote: »
    time to quarantine travel between Ireland and the UK...those Cheltenham ****ers can stay there

They certainly should be forced to self isolate and not to take public transport of any description when they return. ****ing madness anyway letting that go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

This is actually mad. And it’s only going to get worse. I think with things like the level red storms and the warnings that go with them I kind of have an in built “it’ll all be over soon” mentality. But the reality is this won’t be all over soon. It’s only going to get worse. Fcuk.

The unknowns are fucking facinating/terrifying, with terrifying starting to win the battle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

JJayoo wrote: »
    Lad I know in Dublin has two Italian housemates, they have been in country for 6+months. The lad comes back to house lastnight to find it full of sleeping bags. His housemates have taken in 10, yes 10, of their friends who have flown in from Italy. They are from the worst infection area and were too afraid to stay so why not hop on a cheap flight to Ireland. Imagine how many other Italians are getting out before the flights shut down on friday

Ah jayziz. Humans are gas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

On weddings, Tony Holohan said it is their recommendation to cancel indoor social gatherings over 100 people. When pushed on if it's just a recommendation or if people are obliged to do it, he basically said they strongly recommend it - the same as all other measures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,909 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

ffs... watching the govt conference and there has to be one reporter who asks a question in Irish :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tomrota

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Just read on the Worldometer feed....

1 new case in Taiwan: a woman in her 40s who traveled to Ireland and Belgium.

Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭marilynrr

They should be putting social welfare payments into banks for the foreseeable future.

I'm on jobseekers transitional payment at the moment. I got a note to sign on next week which means a trip to town when I would have otherwise stayed at home. I will also have to bring my child with me now as she won't be in school. I'm not sure what procedures they have in place there in regards to sharing pens etc.

Each week then I will have to go to my local post office to collect the money.
    The post office often has elderly people in it. People now have to bring their kids in with them if they are very young and not in school. We have to sign the digital screen then with the pen which is used by so many people in there.

Then I need to make another trip to town to the bank to lodge some money to pay my bills as everything is direct debit these days. Again that's another trip that people have to make and now bring their kids. Most people use the self service machine now so we're all touching the same things possibly spreading germs.

I would be happy not to make those trips and stay at home, but obviously need to collect money and lodge it to pay for my bills. I will of course wash my hands and try to keep my kids away from older people, but it's an example of something the government should have been looking to change to help prevent people from making unnecessary journeys and visits to places like post offices and banks, especially because there are probably vulnerable people doing the same thing each day!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Selfish question: I get married in July here in Ireland. Do we think it will be cancelled?

I now pronounce you husband and wife.

You may now sanitise the bride.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Tomrota wrote: »
    Source?

I put in the post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

JJayoo wrote: »

Entirely predictable consequence of not shutting down flights early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

_feedback_ wrote: »
    On weddings, Tony Holohan said it is their recommendation to cancel indoor social gatherings over 100 people. When pushed on if it's just a recommendation or if people are obliged to do it, he basically said they strongly recommend it - the same as all other measures.

People need to read between the lines, they are telling you not to in a non-panic enducing manner.

LirW wrote: »
    They're closed from tomorrow on anyway, what are you on about?

More bs as usual from the multi-job poster best to just let them prattle on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Thank you for posting this reality. On the radio now, they're talking about traffic. I don't think they realise wtf is coming. Or I just think they don't care enough to let it disrupt their lives because it's so far outside the realms of what their imagination can fathom.

https://www.change.org/Covid-19IE
    Sign this petition please to encourage IMMEDIATE actions to save lives.
    I'm posting this quote, wanted to get a link to Pseudonym121's post because it's incredibly important.
    All of the people talking about how it'll only be 0.9% mortality should consider the following:

1. 20% of people will be hospitalised.

2. Many of these will develop Bilateral Interstitial Pneumonia.

3. Even if you survive this episode the long-term consequences can be devastating. There are many types of interstitial lung disease but mean survivals range from 2.5 to 7 years. Let's be optimistic and assume that with this it is 5 to 10 years.

Well, reducing the life expectancy of a large number of people in Ireland to 5 to 10 years and having these years be very limited in terms of their ability to do anything active and maybe people will begin to realise that even if we only have a 1% death rate now having a 9% rate of long-term complications from interstitial Lung Disease reducing life expectancy for this cohort to 5 to 10 years would be utterly devastating to the country and really drop average life expectancy for the next couple of decades.

There's a reason China is doing full lung transplants on survivors already.

People are just far too blase about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Baggly wrote: »
    Well yes...but apart from chocolate and beer, what have the belgians given us?

(Thank you for indulging me)

This man!

tenor.gif?itemid=5514959

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tomrota

DOCARCH wrote: »
    I put in the post!

Hahahahah Im reading so fast I didn’t even see

Omackeral wrote: »
    Dublin's National Stadium was due to hold a wrestling event this Saturday night for 2000 fans. A few of the talents booked were to come in from the US. Cancelled now just in the last few minutes.
    So even the organizers of something called "Scrappermania" show more maturity and responsibility than Cheltenham

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    ffs... watching the govt conference and there has to be one reporter who asks a question in Irish :rolleyes:

We have an Irish language TV station, why shouldn't they ask in Irish, if the capability is there to answer in Irish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Pity you didn't follow the advice on shutting down flights, Simon.

You and your government are late to the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ballsdeep69

so leo has explained on Skype from America to close all schools colleges & public offices,

I work in the county council and we are a public office but we will remain open ??

A reactive rather than proactive response from the Government. What about the fellas returning from Cheltenham? Any chance proper scrutiny will be paid to foreign travel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Dude89

People panic buying already, seen a picture of shelves in Tesco stripped clean.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement