Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

God you have to feel sorry for couples who probably spent the last 18 months or so preparing their wedding and now may have to cancel:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Entirely predictable consequence of not shutting down flights early.

Taking OPs word for it then why the heck aren't airports shut down for all flights, apart from cargo etc? That's mad, and almost certainly going to cause infection within community.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,445 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Dude89 wrote: »
    People panic buying already, seen a picture of shelves in Tesco stripped clean.

assholes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Those coming back from Cheltenham need to be put into a big warehouse. The mind boggles that it still went ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,964 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

This man!

tenor.gif?itemid=5514959

Who is that dude?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

A reactive rather than proactive response from the Government. What about the fellas returning from Cheltenham? Any chance proper scrutiny will be paid to foreign travel?
    They'll be asked are they feeling alright at Dub Airport and let on their way with advice about symptoms and handwashing according to Leo.

Morpork wrote: »
    Has the Three network gone down? Can't make any phone calls. Everyone panic calling?
    Apparently everything we do from here on out will be prefixed with panic-

I'm panic-drinking some coffee as I write this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

I think at this stage anyone who returns from anywhere outside Ireland including the UK should isolate for 2 weeks as a precaution.

People have had ample time and warning about this coronavirus and if they chose to travel to a high risk area, they deserve to be isolated for 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,915 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

We have an Irish language TV station, why shouldn't they ask in Irish, if the capability is there to answer in Irish?

Because this is a situation where information needs to be clear and widely available as efficiently as possible.

It's not the time for the usual Irish tokenism - especially when all of their viewers/listeners are fluent in English.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

Ironing man

nonsense pal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Croohur1

so leo has explained on Skype from America to close all schools colleges & public offices,

I work in the county council and we are a public office but we will remain open ??

I work in a public library. Do we stay open? Genuine question as I called head office and they haven't a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

I would predict that when this has passed, it will emerge that being unable to test more widely has resulted in more widespread and numerous community infections than would otherwise have been the case. This is no criticism of the lab's performance ,they have stepped up to the plate magnificently.

Randox, the Co Antrim health diagnostics company which has developed a rapid test for the new strain of coronavirus, will start shipping test kits this week to hospitals in China to help in the global fight against Covid-19.
    The test, which was developed using the company’s proprietary biochip array technology, identifies Covid-19 and differentiates it from nine other respiratory infections.One of the world leaders in automated testing for COVID-19 is in the North, have we obtained any of their kit.

Additionally, the technology can process up to 324 patient samples, generating 3,240 reportable results, over an eight-hour period.
    Irish Times 2nd March

Has the HSE made use of this technology?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

SHOPS HAVE GONE CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

CFlat wrote: »
    God you have to feel sorry for couples who probably spent the last 18 months or so preparing their wedding and now may have to cancel:(

Or make some cuts to the guestlist / move it outside and hope for the weather.

I'm not being facetious - those are options at this moment.

If it were me id postpone, but some people may plow ahead under the current recommendations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Or the people who might die...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Night school for adults?

Parents/teachers meetings, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Because this is a situation where information needs to be clear and widely available as efficiently as possible.

It's not the time for the usual Irish tokenism - especially when all of their viewers/listeners are fluent in English.

It's 1 question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,308 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

so leo has explained on Skype from America to close all schools colleges & public offices,

I work in the county council and we are a public office but we will remain open ??

Public gatherings aren't the same as workplaces from the minister for health just now. So it's public gatherings not workplaces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Croohur1 wrote: »
    I work in a public library. Do we stay open? Genuine question as I called head office and they haven't a clue.
    It's not very clear, is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,333 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Apparently everything we do from here on out will be prefixed with panic-

I'm panic-drinking some coffee as I write this

Thats useful, it will help you panic-**** yourself in about an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I do and I don't. In the face of a possible Italian situation here a wedding is a useless frippery and selfish to go ahead with while this virus is in play.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

Postponed, not cancelled. It's hardly the end of the world

At work in a supermarket now and it's like the end times have begun. It's absolute carnage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

If anyone needs supplies, go now. I'm serious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Tomrota wrote: »
    Why. Won’t. The. HSE. Test. People.

They. Are.

Those. Tests. Take. Time.

They. Currently. Cannot. Test. Everyone.

Currently only one facility does testing but hospitals are gearing up to start testing. Their testing processes had to validated first to ensure accuracy and to get staff trained up. Until they start testing, there isn’t the facilities and manpower to test everyone. It must be very frustrating for those busting their arses testing 300% more samples than normal to have people questioning their considerable efforts. People have such a simplistic view of how it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,308 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

But shops will remain open. Lads listen to what is being said please.

Unsurprising and very predictable. The horse has long since bolted on containment. Delay will be a challenge.

Hopefully this provides the big kick to most to start their behaviour modification, social distancing etc. It will be challenge, but one that can (pray to God) work.

At work in a supermarket now and it's like the end times have begun. It's absolute carnage.
    Coronavirus fever is sweeping the nation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,445 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

:(

something so utterly utterly depressing about this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement