Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Ireland is a net exporter of food products. That will stand to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gidea

Tech company - we are being sent home to work until end of March.

Walked over to Tesco's on my lunch. Turned around half way. The queue is absolute nuts. People are buying in bulk. Saw one lady pushing 2 full trolley's on her own.

Tech company also, email sent around that office is to stay open 'in line with Government advice'...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

Tesco in Coonagh in Limerick is absolutely insane. Not a shred of big roll left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

Tesco in Coonagh in Limerick is absolutely insane. Not a shred of big roll left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

lawred2 wrote: »
    same thing

6pm today effectively means tomorrow

stop nitpicking

I'm not. My children's school sent out a text saying schools closed from tomorrow. Why the fúck cant they just simply say 'school will close today at 3pm/4pm and will not reopen until 29th March. Then there is no ambiguity. I now have no idea if my kids school is open or closed tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    Soap doesn't kill virus and bacteria. Washing hands with soap is effective because of the rubbing/rinsing motion. You can't apply that when cleaning surfaces and door handles

Damages the lipid layer on the virus structures though. Renders them inactive, and also the soap makes it easier to remove from the skin with rinsing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

DOCARCH wrote: »
    OK...

505333.PNG

This is going on around the country right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

I'm in retail. Panic buying will cause major issues. There is plenty of stock to keep things going for months (Brexit was handy of one thing) in the warehouses around the country.

If there's plenty stock around the country how will it cause major issues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Fat ass :pac:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Ireland is a net exporter of food products. That will stand to us.

We will survive on cow, cheese and butter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,695 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

pjohnson wrote: »
    Facehugger99 and cockroaches will be the only survivors after the end of the world. Both having already survived the Dinosaur extinction.

Ill just regenerate

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Soap doesn't kill virus and bacteria. Washing hands with soap is effective because of the rubbing/rinsing motion. You can't apply that when cleaning surfaces and door handles

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/12/science-soap-kills-coronavirus-alcohol-based-disinfectants?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

laugh wrote: »
    505333.PNG

Someone needs to have a word with that person about milk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Veganism takes dramatic nosedive.

IF there is bread with that I will be happy enough

Throw in Tayto Cheese and Onion and im sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Not quite true. With hand-washing, it’s too quick to kill; it just acts as an emulsifier. But left on something for a while, it can kill some microbes. Something to do with the lipid layer.

Veganism takes dramatic nosedive.

We have plenty of Grass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

At least the clowns panic buying now wont be in the shops in a week or so when some of us need things

• Registered Users Posts: 12,695 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Local Aldi is blocked!!! This is mental, people are going hysterical over this!!

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

tom1ie wrote: »
    fcuk no

Well count me out then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

dickdonk14 wrote: »
    Just left supervalu only need a loaf. Society has collapsed in johnstown navan. People just buying anything they can get their hands on. 10 people deep at each check out.

So glad I did my weeks shop yesterday. Know some of the staff there, hope they survive the chaos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Tom Hanks and wife got it now. No typical symptoms.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9nVasnBNF5/

If you had no symptoms why would you have got tested?????

lawred2 wrote: »
    give me a break - most of these idiots are following facebook and twitter feeds and reacting to them

inherited behaviour :rolleyes:
    Idiots don't choose to be idiots. People do what they do, the behaviour of large groups is highly predictable.

If you are indeed much smarter than these 'idiots' then you will have surely predicted their behaviour several weeks in advance and insured yourself against it ?

At least the clowns panic buying now wont be in the shops in a week or so when some of us need things

They’ll all be self isolating with the flu :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

It really is hilarious to see the complete meltdown - it's very easy to separate the posters who've lived through real issues like the cold war in the 80's, where worldwide destruction was a real possibility, and the lads who are ****ting themselves at this.

Today I learned that Facehugger99 was some sort of Irish mercenary figure inexplicably active through the very most tense moments of the Cold War in the 80's.

Engaging in Guerrilla warfare he operated by crafilty slinging potatoes at his foes before silently meting away undetected into the night.

This novel Corona Virus simply represents one other thing he does not fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Damages the lipid layer on the virus structures though. Renders them inactive, and also the soap makes it easier to remove from the skin with rinsing.

Why are we not all eating soap?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

505333.PNG

All that milk. Is Pat Mustard about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Today I learned that Facehugger99 was some sort of Irish mercenary figure inexplicably active through the very most tense moments of the Cold War in the 80's.

Engaging in Guerrilla warfare he operated by slinging potatoes at his foes before silently meting away undetected into the night.

I heard he fought in the cold war, combat medals coming out the ears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭LRNM

The moment I read the news article about schools and events closing I immediately grabbed my keys and went to the local and fueled up + got some essentials.

I was lucky I reacted so quickly. When I arrived there was only a handful of people getting things.

I spent about 15-20 minutes and by the time I was queueing for the tills people were arriving en-mass. The place was mobbed and there was a queue for petrol and the checkouts.

Still soap and plenty of food but I reckon give it a couple of hours and it's gonna be absolute mayhem,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Local Aldi is blocked!!! This is mental, people are going hysterical over this!!

People are f**king idiots!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement