Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

gabeeg wrote: »
    I'm sat here WFH rubbing sanitiser all over my body, and I'll tell you what, I feel indestructible

You will have to keep doing it every two minutes......
    Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

hawkwing wrote: »
    I think someone mentioned you can only buy one box of paracetamol...

That has been the regulation on paracetamol for a long time its the sale and supply of drugs nothing to do with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

I’m just back from the my local super value. It was absolute carnage. I’d advise anyone not to go near the shops for the next few days unless necessary, it’s totally ridiculous. They were playing “pump it up” in the shop while everyone was running around manic buying ****. It wasn’t helping lol.
    All I needed was bagels ffs

People are probably increasing their risk of getting infected by rushing to crowded shops

I expect civil unrest in the coming weeks. Looting, theft of supply deliveries etc. In Indonesia there is home looting by gangs posing as 'containment officials.'

I also expect partial internet and cellular network shut-downs in a similar period. To 'curb panic'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,131 ✭✭✭✭josip

Same here, only thing i don't have enough of is booze. Will head down to Tesco just before closing time :)

I think I'll use the next few weeks to work through my back catalogue of unfinished bottles of spirits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

fritzelly wrote: »
    Cannot keep up with the thread

12 hours that changed ireland

Good to see they've relaxed the testing criteriia

Probably won't see results from that until tomorrow, I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

jester77 wrote: »
    wtf is with all the milk, that's utter selfishness. We have a house of 4 and struggle to finish 2L of milk a week.

You don't eat much cereal I guess? Myself and the missus would easily go through 4-6l a week.
    Growing up we always drank loads of milk though so maybe not representative of everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭cmac2009

JJayoo wrote: »
    Just got sent a chainmail type text message... apparently hot water and lemon will cure the virus and kill cancer handy

One of the most bizarre news stories I've heard on this - there has been many - was the French health authority tweeting that cocaine does not protect against the coronavirus. Wonder who started that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

Woman behind me in Aldi buying bottles and bottles of vodka ... Priorities . All I went down for was salad for lunch it was some experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    Woman behind me in Aldi buying bottles and bottles of vodka ... Priorities . All I went down for was salad for lunch it was some experience.

Probably for some kind of make believe handwash

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

I expect civil unrest in the coming weeks. Looting, theft of supply deliveries etc. In Indonesia there is home looting by gangs posing as 'containment officials.'

I also expect partial internet and cellular network shut-downs in a similar period. To 'curb panic'.

I don't like the way you're thinking, people are fearful enough without this boloxology

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Omackeral wrote: »
    They have. For all the sound people offering to help a few elderly folks, there are more absolute arseholes bashing trolleys into each other and abandoning their cars on double yellows and in disabled bays. Real wanker behaviour on display out there.

Big time!

Saw a trolley take a wing mirror off a car by some oul kunt only an hour ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Jake1 wrote: »
    If you dont mind my asking, have you been informed of any changes to your day to day routine?
    Will visiting still be allowed?

There'll be an address shortly locally in my job. With schools off, all the Jaydens and Kaydens will be brought up to the jails no doubt. Staff don't want to have to deal with visits in this trying time. Should just be essential services only within IMO, much like when the snow caused closures.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

Reading the actual research papers coming out of China and elsewhere - as opposed to the summaries elsewhere - experience teaching statistics and epidemiology in university, being a Consultant in the Irish healthcare system with 30 some years of medicine and hospitals behind me and yes, some extrapolation because it isn’t like they’ve done randomised controlled trials on all this stuff.

If I’m doubt feel free to look at what I was called insane for posting ten days ago and where we are now. I’ve been the first person to say a number of things which have come to pass.

In my day job I don’t argue with patients. It is my job to present them the facts, the research etc, leaven it with my own clinical experience and understanding of how research interacts with the real world and then allow them to make their own informed choices.

I’m TRYING to inform people here. If you choose to disbelieve this then that’s fine. I believe I have an ethical and moral obligation to try to inform at this time. I am not, however, going to argue or descend into justifying everything I say to everyone who wants to nitpick it.

You’ll believe what you want to. And now lunch is over and I need to go treat patients.

I have found your posts very informative and interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

nthclare wrote: »
    I don't like the way you're thinking, people are fearful enough without this boloxology

Once the initial panic subsides, I think we're going to see the best of people.

I'm going to try to be at least 10% sounder than I already am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

No.

It makes me think also if the fine gael boyos had shown as much empathy while being interviewed in the last government they'd have done much better recently. Coveney for health!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Cannot send or receive normal SMS on three since this mornings announcement and calls are taking 2 or three attempts

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tromtipp

I always keep some supplies in during the winter (I've been snowed in more than once; also lived in England as a child and knew older women who'd started housekeeping during the war and were still committed to being one step ahead of the rations, which influenced my thinking - maybe crazy, maybe not). Stepped it up in the last two years in case of a hard Brexit. Emptied the big freezer over/after Christmas thinking I'd re-stock over the year. Then heard about Wuhan and began replenishing.

Yesterday I went to Lidl and a few small shops and bought some extras - mostly cat and dog food, some frozen veg, because I thought that between tourists who'd booked for St Patrick's Day and were going to come regardless of parades, and Cheltenham returnees, the likelihood of getting infected was going to spike from Friday on, so this was a good time to stop going to town for a month. The local Spar can supply essentials.

So glad I didn't leave it for another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

cmac2009 wrote: »
    One of the most bizarre news stories I've heard on this - there has been many - was the French health authority tweeting that cocaine does not protect against the coronavirus. Wonder who started that one!

Mrs Doyle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

505335.jpeg

Fcuk the water, we need to panic buy jacks roll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

Very happy that I got a big shop in this morning. Much more than normal around but nothing compared to what is going on since Leos announcement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Probably for some kind of make believe handwashmouthwash
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Cannot send or receive normal SMS on three since this mornings announcement and calls are taking 2 or three attempts

Sounds like business as usual for three so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

I think that there should be a reputable source for this. Otherwise it's BS.

Plenty of evidence out there unfortunately. I feel we are not been given the full picture on this. If we were we might run out and panic buy.
    https://www.medicaldevice-network.com/news/coronavirus-ct-scans/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Was in the D4 strong hold of Tescos Merrion, traffic problems getting in, q's really long with people looking fearful and to top it all some poor guy having a fit on the ground, this just added to the panic, I was there for a litre of milk and some vitimin D supplements. I left without the milk got the Vit D in the pharmacy.Also some of the ohone network appears to be down in South Dublin so that adds to the calm.

People should calm down, they have not flattened the curve when it comes to buying stuff, I think we will not starve.

I am involved in the cafe business and people are stealing our toilet roll.

NOO we can't be at the stage all ready were restaurants etc. are going to have to keep the loo rolls behind the counter and hand them out 4 sheets at a time!

We're doomed I tell ye
    giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

Mortelaro wrote: »

Three is having issues if that's your network. It's nothing to do with coronavirus, rather that they're just not very good.

Omackeral wrote: »
    There'll be an address shortly locally in my job. With schools off, all the Jaydens and Kaydens will be brought up to the jails no doubt. Staff don't want to have to deal with visits in this trying time. Should just be essential services only within IMO, much like when the snow caused closures.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Everything you post in this thread is designed to cause panic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Castleknock Lidl is madness. Went in to do a normal daily shop to find a queue of cars out on the road to get into the car park and queues of people down the isles waiting for the tills with trolleys of stuff. Took an hour and a half to get a some milk and bread!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement