Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Wibbs wrote: »
    Machine gunning these panic buying idiots would drive the societal IQ much higher. Someone on another thread hoped they'd also stock up on condoms to prevent the birth of more mouthbreathing morons. Like I've said before and history has shown, never ever underestimate the sheer bloody minded stupidity of the Mob in action.

It won't be as efficient as your proposed plan of action, but all those people packed-up in shops, putting there hands on things dozen of others just put there hands on without washing them, shopping and queuing in close proximity, etc ... are the part of the population which is most exposed to Covid-19 contamination at the minute.

Maybe someone should tell them?

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭d51984

All those clowns that went to Cheltenham, should be sent up to the army camp in Gormanstown for two weeks when they come back and billed for it, watch the numbers spike now.

How in the name of god did Cheltenham go ahead. Big brown envelopes for all the boyos.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

The number of confirmed cases of coronavirus in Scotland is now 60. Yesterday it was 36.

2,892 people have been tested in Scotland.

20 people have coronavirus in Northern Ireland - two more than yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Stocks are absolutely tanking, European stocks down around 10% and US 8%.

Trump and his #winning strategies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Cannot send or receive normal SMS on three since this mornings announcement and calls are taking 2 or three attempts

https://twitter.com/ThreeIreland/status/1238087829172994048

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,520 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Naggdefy wrote: »
    I feel surreal, like there's some kind of disaster movie on every tv, radio, website etc.

Leo reminded me of Bill Pullman in Independence Day.

"We will go on"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Stocks are absolutely tanking, European stocks down around 10% and US 8%.

Manly down to the fact ECB didn't cut there rates
    And the fact the Pascal measures that European governments issued as good.
    Wise move they will react to the markets when all EU countries flatten the coronavirus curve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I am hearing that supermarkets are closing at 6pm today?
    any truth or just rumor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

AppleD wrote: »
    Have you any access to news at all?

My internet is gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

any truth or just rumor?
    Utter rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

"Don't have gatherings of more than 100 people indoors."
    /Everyone crams into supermarkets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

I'm in a satellite town and it is bonkers. Queues to park, no bog roll etc.

Portlaoise looking like mad max.

Nothing to do with the virus just always like that on a Thursday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Bob24 wrote: »
    It won't be as efficient as your proposed plan of action, but all those people packed-up in shops, putting there hands on things dozen of others just put there hands on without smashing them, shopping and queuing in close proximity, etc ... are the the part if the population which is most exposed to Covid-19 contamination at the minute.
    True enough B. I feel sorry for the shop workers and others having to deal with the mob morons.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

any truth or just rumor?

Ask yourself where you heard this, and the answer will easily be deciphered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

The simplest thing most people can do to alleviate this crisis is maintain social distance and not panic buy.

They failed on both counts.

I am not optimistic about how this is all going to play out.

As FDR said "we have nothing to fear but fear itself".

Panic buying and going to shops in droves makes you more likely to pick up CV. Hoarding hand sanitizer makes it more likely your neighbour will pick up CV. And hoarding toilet paper means less hygienic practices all around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Just washed my ass as I am fearful that my jasks roll will run out. I can highly recommend this method for a perfectly clean bum with a nice aroma. I am now fearful that this will result in the reservoirs being depleted. I need something to panic about, there is fear in all our hearts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,131 ✭✭✭✭josip

any truth or just rumor?

I think you answered your own question

Heartening to see the crowd numbers have held up at Cheltenham.

Not everyone buying into the mindless hysteria.

Not bothered to see what's going on in Italy, no? People over 60 no longer being given intensive care, health system in meltdown. But it's hysteria right, or shur that won't happen here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Certainly glad I had the foresight to stock up on food previously.

While the virus threat will have very little impact on stocks, there was always a good chance the mindless morons would cause a run on the shops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Refractions

any truth or just rumor?

There will be nothing on the shelves by then so they might as well. I was chatting to the till girl in Aldi and she says they just get one delivery a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Boggles wrote: »
    Leo reminded me of Bill Pullman in Independence Day.

"We will go on"

We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We’re going to live on! We’re going to survive!’ Today we celebrate our Paddys Day!”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Ask yourself where you heard this, and the answer will easily be deciphered.

But ... you told me ....

:pac: yeah you're right it's bs :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Heartening to see the crowd numbers have held up at Cheltenham.

Not everyone buying into the mindless hysteria.

Why didn't you go if you've such interest.. Probably because you wouldn't know one end of a horse from the other.

Like your knowledge of most things ar*ehugger.

The simplest thing most people can do to alleviate this crisis is maintain social distance and not panic buy.

They failed on both counts.

I am not optimistic about how this all going to play out.

As FDR said "we have nothing to fear but fear itself".

Panic buying and going to shops in droves makes you more likely to pick up CV. Hoarding hand sanitizer makes it more likely your neighbour will pick up CV. And hoarding toilet paper means less hygienic practices all around.

People are ultimately very selfish. So much for the great Irish community spirit. It's everyone for themselves out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Not bothered to see what's going on in Italy, no? People over 60 no longer being given intensive care, health system in meltdown. But it's hysteria right, or shur that won't happen here.

it will happen here, Hospitals will only take the healthier and younger one (the wealthier too probably), HSE capacity is limited

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Certainly glad I had the foresight to stock up on food previously.

While the virus threat will have very little impact on stocks, there was always a good chance the mindless morons would cause a run on the shops.
    So your happy to see huge crowds at Cheltenham.
    Your not buying into it all....but you stocked up on food already....okkk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Some Varadkar guy I believe. Suely a made-up name...

barak varadkar as my 91 year old mother calls him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bob24 wrote: »
    Btw where's the love for Pat the baker this time?

DXMIBz3X4AEpDia?format=jpg&name=small

F*ck your bread memes. Things got old after a day of snow. Stale, if you will.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement