Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

Remember the panic buying of alcohol that would occur every year on holy Thursday, with off licences and supermarkets staying open till 12 midnight? We KNEW it was happening every year, but people couldn't help themselves leaving it to the last minute. We shouldn't be suprised at the chaos at stores today.

I even recall that one national day of mourning we had after Sept 11th 2001 causing a similar mad shopping spree the day before. Just for one day. We live in a convience society. We have forgotten how to plan ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Wibbs wrote: »
    Machine gunning these panic buying idiots would drive the societal IQ much higher. Someone on another thread hoped they'd also stock up on condoms to prevent the birth of more mouthbreathing morons. Like I've said before and history has shown, never ever underestimate the sheer bloody minded stupidity of the Mob in action.

Don't agree with this at all. Rational and intelligent people get caught up in these actions too. It's lazy and arrogant to call everyone stupid. Many have not been following things as closely as others and are being thrust in an instant from one world of 'everything is normal' egged on by expert deniers - 'it's a bad flu but we will deal with it, don't expect cases in Ireland etc.' to 'we are shutting down as much as possible in the country, this is the first time in your lives or in recent history too'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I expect civil unrest in the coming weeks. Looting, theft of supply deliveries etc. In Indonesia there is home looting by gangs posing as 'containment officials.'

I also expect partial internet and cellular network shut-downs in a similar period. To 'curb panic'.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Look at these prícks

roNqkm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

I am hearing that supermarkets are closing at 6pm today?
    any truth or just rumor?

You tell us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I expect civil unrest in the coming weeks. Looting, theft of supply deliveries etc.
    gmisk wrote: »
    I expect none of this will happen

A few Black Friday Youtube videos would pass the time though. I'm after finishing Netflix like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

Just washed my ass as I am fearful that my jasks roll will run out. I can highly recommend this method for a perfectly clean bum with a nice aroma. I am now fearful that this will result in the reservoirs being depleted. I need something to panic about, there is fear in all our hearts.

Everybody laughed when I got a bidet. Who's laughing now I tell ye whos laughing now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Certainly glad I had the foresight to stock up on food previously.

While the virus threat will have very little impact on stocks, there was always a good chance the mindless morons would cause a run on the shops.

Why would you have stocked up if you think the pandemic is nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

callaway92 wrote: »
    Look at these prícks

roNqkm.jpg

Christ, can you imagine all the hipster pr!cks being all smug about how ironic they're being. Should just nuke that place (after the "party" starts) and we'd all be better for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Just booked a delivery slot for the 17th... feet up now. Job done. And no supermarket dash neccesary.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

This thread is descending to utter ****e now.

Seems a lot of past people who've been banned have reregged from the dark side....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

What do people think is going to happen tomorrow with all this panic buying? Martial law, army on the streets? Fcking morons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

n-troll2.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

namloc1980 wrote: »
    What do people think is going to happen tomorrow with all this panic buying? Martial law, army on the streets? Fcking morons.

Nothing.

The shelves will be restocked.

Retailers will have a wry smile.

There is nothing wrong with supply chains. I know this. Months of stock in play.

Let people off if it makes them happy. They will end up binning loads of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

n-troll2.jpg

But look, the poor bugger is hungee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Spain +726 cases and +29 deaths for today so far! Now at 3,003 cases. Hello Italy 2.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

I'm surprised that people are surprised that there's panic buying. Waaaaayy too much faith being shown in the common sense of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Omackeral wrote: »
    F*ck your bread memes. Things got old after a day of snow. Stale, if you will.

Apologies this caused you a such a shock.

I was actually genuinely wondering why this time it is toilet rolls rather than bread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Israel, Iceland, Canada and Finland all pass 100 cases

Greece, Czech Rep, UAE, Slovenia and Kuwait all close to 100 now. They would be the 26th,27,28,29 and 30th countries to pass 100 cases.

New cases this afternoon in Europe

Spain+725 (Over 3000 cases now and approaching 100 deaths, 29 new deaths today)
    Germany+350
    Switzerland+215
    Netherlands +110
    Belgium+85
    Sweden+100
    Denmark+100
    Norway+75
    Austria+56
    Finland+44

Slovakia and Czech Republic have delcared states of emergency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Heard the tanks are rolling out of the Curragh from a friend of a friend in the army. Martial law will be declared at 6 he says.

Mind you we have no tanks in Ireland and this guy I am talking about was never in the army, just a rumor.

• Advertisement

Prison visits going ahead. Scandalous carry on. Staff aren’t happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Certainly glad I had the foresight to stock up on food previously.

While the virus threat will have very little impact on stocks, there was always a good chance the mindless morons would cause a run on the shops.

Read your post back to yourself slowly. Ya mindless moron :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Maybe it would be a good idea to not allow new accounts post, set up a rule similar to soccer forum, just a thought ...

Bob24 wrote: »
    I was actually genuinely wondering why this time it is toilet rolls rather than bread.

Cos people are sh*tting it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Christ, can you imagine all the hipster pr!cks being all smug about how ironic they're being. Should just nuke that place (after the "party" starts) and we'd all be better for it.

It's a student bar, smug Greta's rather than hipsters.
    Still Limerick is coming out of this looking great

Between the gowls in Askeaton wanting to run the Paddies Day parade, and this...

I need a bigger face for all the palm I need to do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Explained in post - suggest re-reading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,917 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Omackeral wrote: »
    Prison visits going ahead. Scandalous carry on. Staff aren’t happy.

Can't have the poor vulnerable criminals being isolated :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Heartening to see the crowd numbers have held up at Cheltenham.

Not everyone buying into the mindless hysteria.
    hurikane wrote: »
    What’s with all the patting yourself on the back?

All anyone had to do was look at China and Italy to see where we were heading.

What's with the having a go?
    I don't read that a patting themselves on the back - I read that as someone who has had enough of the facehuggers on this thread. Someone who is tired, worried, and trying their best to warn people.

The poster you are questioning has pretty much been calling it and getting s*ite for it.

And then you have posts like the one above yours which I quoted so you can see that saying "all anyone had to do was..." is naive - to be charitable about it.
    Maybe save your scorn for those people who would put us all in danger due to being unable to "look at China and Italy to see where we were heading"?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Heard the tanks are rolling out of the Curragh from a friend of a friend in the army. Marshal law will be declared at 6 he says.

Mind you we have no tanks in Ireland and this guy I am talking about was never in the army, just a rumor.

Why do you think Leo is in the US. He was there buying tanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Spain is ****ed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement