Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

Everything you post in this thread is designed to cause panic.
    You could not be further from the truth.

I am giving you a heads up on what is probably going to happen in the coming weeks (not days) based on my behavioural models. Weeks rather than days is a very significant heads up and gives you ample time to prepare in an orderly and non-panicked manner.

Panic is what happens when people are not prepared. People who stocked up several weeks ago are not panicking.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Nothing.

The shelves will be restocked.

Retailers will have a wry smile.

There is nothing wrong with supply chains. I know this. Months of stock in play.

Let people off if it makes them happy. They will end up binning loads of it.

People seem to think those panic buying are doing so because they think shops are closing.

No.

A lot of people panic buying is driven by the fear THEY won’t be able to go to the shops. You can’t tell people to prepare to lock themselves in their houses for two weeks, and also lambast them for preparing to stay at home for two weeks...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 BetterWay

macnug wrote: »
    Portlaoise looking like mad max.

Nothing to do with the virus just always like that on a Thursday.

You gave me a much needed laugh

Very worried for my parents right now. Both in their mid 60s and both refusing to listen to us asking them to stay indoors.

They think it's all a fuss over nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

wakka12 wrote: »
    Israel, Iceland, Canada and Finland all pass 100 cases

Greece, Czech Rep, UAE, Slovenia and Kuwait all close to 100 now.

New cases this afternoon in Europe

Spain+725 (Over 3000 cases now and approaching 100 deaths, 29 new deaths today)
    Germany+350
    Switzerland+215
    Netherlands +110
    Belgium+85
    Sweden+100
    Denmark+100
    Norway+75
    Austria+56
    Finland+44

Ireland barely 50 cases and we re shutting down

I dont get it, Ive lived through the troubles, 2 gulf wars, afghanistan, the Ukraine, scores of african conflicts and not to mention the balkans. And not a bother till now, pansies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Can't have the poor vulnerable criminals being isolated :rolleyes:

They should be on lockdown 23 hours a day if schools etc are closing and gatherings of 100 people indoors are to be avoided. Fed and showered in small groups. Sorry about your damn luck but that’s how it should be.

• Advertisement

Explained in post - suggest re-reading

But why male models?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

BetterWay wrote: »
    You gave me a much needed laugh

Very worried for my parents right now. Both in their mid 60s and both refusing to listen to us asking them to stay indoors.

They think it's all a fuss over nothing

To be fair, nothing wrong with being outdoors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

You could not be further from the truth.

I am giving you a heads up on what is probably going to happen in the coming weeks (not days) based on my behavioural models. Weeks rather than days is a very significant heads up and gives you ample time to prepare in an orderly and non-panicked manner.

Panic is what happens when people are not prepared. People who stocked up several weeks ago are not panicking.

You should swap hands occasionally and type with your right one. Makes it feel like someone else is doing it apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I dont get it, Ive lived through the troubles, 2 gulf wars, afghanistan, the Ukraine, scores of african conflicts and not to mention the balkans. And not a bother till now, pansies

Italy's healthcare infrastructure is collapsing just a few days into the epidemic. It is what every country is now trying to avoid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,878 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Pray for Tom Hanks

MV5BNWI4ZjZmMGUtMzU0NS00NGUzLWJiMDItZWI3ZDMxNjQ5NWU4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,1777,960_AL_.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭TheAsYLuMkeY

When you say lived through, do you mean you were in all those conflicts?

Or you watched them all on sky news from Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,585 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Spain +726 cases and +29 deaths for today so far! Now at 3,003 cases. Hello Italy 2.0

And the US about 2 weeks behind. That’s when the sh1t will really hit the fan and we will see social disorder.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Heard the tanks are rolling out of the Curragh from a friend of a friend in the army. Marshal law will be declared at 6 he says.

Mind you we have no tanks in Ireland and this guy I am talking about was never in the army, just a rumor.

That the lad from Tekken that looks like Bruce Lee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    What's with the having a go?
    I don't read that a patting themselves on the back - I read that as someone who has had enough of the facehuggers on this thread. Someone who is tired, worried, and trying their best to warn people.

The poster you are questioning has pretty much been calling it and getting s*ite for it.

And then you have posts like the one above yours which I quoted so you can see that saying "all anyone had to do was..." is naive - to be charitable about it.
    Maybe save your scorn for those people who would put us all in danger due to being unable to "look at China and Italy to see where we were heading"?

Agreed Pseudo has been a veritable font of knowledge and common sense.
    Along with a couple of other medico-scientific posters some really detailed and actually brilliant operational insight of the Irish system has been shared.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

UK two deaths.

89 year old and one in her 60s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Times we're living in I'm afraid.

God help us if there's ever a real emergency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

wtf are you on about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I am giving you a heads up on what is probably going to happen in the coming weeks (not days) based on my behavioural models.

Lego is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Times we're living in I'm afraid.

God help us if there's ever a real emergency.

Real one like the harsh cold war you lived through?

How in the hell folk in Ireland got through it I'll never know, they were made of tougher stuff back then #snowflakes

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

You can be sure there are more than 50 cases, I would bet my house its much higher than we know (community transmission etc.).

• Advertisement

When you say lived through, do you mean you were in all those conflicts?

Or you watched them all on sky news from Ireland?

I was there, man!

Does rte count?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,613 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    And the US about 2 weeks behind. That’s when the sh1t will really hit the fan and we will see social disorder.

I don't think the US is that far behind tbh. They've just done **** all testing. We can't see the numbers, but the curve is there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

wtf are you on about?
    I wonder if the 'scores of african conflicts' had even the slightest effect on his on life in Ireland

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Pray for Tom Hanks

Thank you KDF that was brilliant and the laugh I needed today :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Omackeral wrote: »
    They should be on lockdown 23 hours a day if schools etc are closing and gatherings of 100 people indoors are to be avoided. Fed and showered in small groups. Sorry about your damn luck but that’s how it should be.

100% agreed.
    The Prison Service could well see staffing levels decimated by this.
    Continuing visits and not restricting numbers associating by at least landings is stupidity IMO.

There is a serious risk of handing control to prisoners if "normal" protocols continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Oil close to dropping below 30 dollars a barrel. If we don't see a major drop at the pumps within a week there will be trouble. I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭d51984

Tescos Clarehall closed down, too many people in shop. Crazy videos doing the rounds on wotsap. Mad S**t.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

That the lad from Tekken that looks like Bruce Lee?

That's the one he has a cowboy hat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

I'm with you, haven't used toilet paper in 30+ years not going to start now because of some 'virus'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭MOR316

Always said U2 were ahead of their time

3753638851_a7571742be.jpg

"Un, dos, tres, Corona!"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement