Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,605 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

lawred2 wrote: »
    standing beside both him and Pence

who are BNO news anyway? Are they legit or just another fake news internet 'news' desk?

They are reputable, were on the ball with this and reporting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭ShayNanigan

People have gone utterly mad. Decided to check Tesco's home delivery slots... nothing before next Wednesday and the stocks will be gone by then. Dublin has gone post apocalyptic already. Madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

They need to put Nancy Pelosi somewhere safe and we can cross our fingers that Pence and Trump will be out of action for a while .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

Third ambulance to visit clayton hotel clonshaugh today.

Asians with masks getting into the last one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Got any pets?

Yes, don't forget they need food too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭spakman

FFS, it doesn't take a ****ing genius to see where it was going after where China ended up start of last month.

As soon as it landed in Europe, the EU leaders should have already been planning to shut down the EU, its only put off the inevitable.

Anyway, theres no point arguing about this ****, we all need to work together now with respect for each other and stop the worst from happening.

we need social cohesion.

The irony!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

We Italians thought the same when the first case showed up, or the second, or the 50th... look where we are now.
    So please, don't try to be braver or smarter than us. Anticipate it, or you'll find yourselves in the same mud we are in now.
    I hope others can learn from what we didn't do.

See some of my other posts.

I was being sarcastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Got any pets?

Yep, I picked up spare food and have two full unopened bags, and plenty of treats. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

Well I managed to aquire some toilet roll. Good job as it was a close call getting to the jacks. Doubt anyone of these fools who bought all the bog roll would be concerned about my soiled undergarments if tragedy struck..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

osarusan wrote: »
    You are seriously unlucky with your holiday choices.

This holiday is the brave Mujaheddin fighters of Afghanistan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Reading the actual research papers coming out of China and elsewhere - as opposed to the summaries elsewhere - experience teaching statistics and epidemiology in university, being a Consultant in the Irish healthcare system with 30 some years of medicine and hospitals behind me and yes, some extrapolation because it isn’t like they’ve done randomised controlled trials on all this stuff.

If I’m doubt feel free to look at what I was called insane for posting ten days ago and where we are now. I’ve been the first person to say a number of things which have come to pass.

In my day job I don’t argue with patients. It is my job to present them the facts, the research etc, leaven it with my own clinical experience and understanding of how research interacts with the real world and then allow them to make their own informed choices.

I’m TRYING to inform people here. If you choose to disbelieve this then that’s fine. I believe I have an ethical and moral obligation to try to inform at this time. I am not, however, going to argue or descend into justifying everything I say to everyone who wants to nitpick it.

You’ll believe what you want to. And now lunch is over and I need to go treat patients.

I wasn't nitpicking - just pointing out that what you are saying differs in tone from almost all government and health organisation pronouncements to date.. That isn't to say that you are wrong. Don't be so sensitive.

I don't choose to disbelieve anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Latest with some of todays numbers on the daily cases for main european countries.
    Sweden and switzerland wip. File is also attached

O8yU85Il.png

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

nothing before next Wednesday and the stocks will be gone by then

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO they wont be gone. FFS

Apparently there are 30 people in isolation , 15 confirmed cases . Its word of mouth from a guard thats a friend of a friend but at this stage i would well believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Is someone on a Vendetta against Clayton hotels or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I was just in my village shop, they have towers of Bog roll and all sorts of food, like nothing ever happened. If you need anything, look very local, chances are they have everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

theguzman wrote: »
    I am currently in South America and am debating whether or not to return to Ireland soon as a result of this? What would you do if in this situation.

Stay in SA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Coronavirus: most infections spread by people yet to show symptoms – scientists

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2020/mar/12/coronavirus-most-infections-spread-by-people-yet-to-show-symptoms-scientists

This is bad

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    Apparently there are 30 people in isolation , 15 confirmed cases . Its word of mouth from a guard thats a friend of a friend but at this stage i would well believe it.

all presenting with matured symptoms at the same time? In a hotel?

e: staff maybe?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

LirW wrote: »
    They're closed from tomorrow on anyway, what are you on about?

Who will bring up people's children now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

saabsaab wrote: »
    Yes, don't forget they need food too!

Indeed, there was only a few bags of dogfood left in my co op the other day. Would have gotten more but didnt want to be that prïck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

People have gone utterly mad. Decided to check Tesco's home delivery slots... nothing before next Wednesday and the stocks will be gone by then. Dublin has gone post apocalyptic already. Madness!

FFS the stocks won't be gone. What is wrong with people????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

hermano wrote: »
    I supposed to fly out to Buenos Aires tomorrow. Also debating whether to go now. Are there restrictions where you are?

I was in Argentina myself last weekend and there is no restrictions or anything here in Brazil, hand sanitizer is common but face-masks I only seen in Sao Paulo airport. Life continues as normal without concern, I'm afraid it could be another Italy in the making. News coming out of the Philippines an equally hot country suggests the heat is not going to stop this virus.

How long is your trip to Argentina for? I am here 10 days with another 21 days left to run and I am in a dilemma whether to evacuate home or tough it out. The paranoia and worrying about the situation at home is really ruining my enjoyment of the trip however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Media blackout?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭celt262

See something about that on Facebook first thing this morning but didn't name hotel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

Prime Minister Boris Johnson to give an update at 16.30 after chairing emergency Cobra committee meeting

Should be interesting...

lawred2 wrote: »
    all presenting with matured symptoms at the same time? In a hotel?

Who said they all had symptoms? Again its word of mouth I cant confirm it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

See some of my other posts.

I was being sarcastic

Sorry about that, but we have to admit that following the thread is getting an impossible task.
    Apologize :)

Anyway, my advice is still good, do whatever you can to prevent the spread, and if you can, please anticipate your government's decisions.
    You could use us as a template, and try to improve it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Yep, I picked up spare food and have two full unopened bags, and plenty of treats. :-)

Think he was joking that you might eat the pets

• Advertisement

Who said they all had symptoms? Again its word of mouth I cant confirm it

indeed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement