Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Very bad indeed :-(

14 days quarantine for the Cheltenham crowd then ?

chuck in a bit of hard labour and you've got yourself a deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,520 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

BetterWay wrote: »
    More scaremongering posts

Is Tony scaremongering because that's who said it? :rolleyes:
    An Education insider said on a previous post here on Monday that the schools would close on Friday. I believe they'd called other things correctly before this

The schools were expected to close next week, therefore it has been brought forward.
    Teachers and school Principals would have had foreknowledge of this days ago

No they didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

AdamD wrote: »
    Do people in this thread expect the country to remain in their homes for the next month? Expecting zero social activity is naive

I'd say you are being naive. We have ~250 ICUs in the country a lot of which are occupied for reference.

5763 cases active
    3852 in hospital
    560 in intensive care
    1351 at home

Of those concluded
    900 cured
    617 dead.

505346.png

A doctor from Italy begging people to stay at home.

https://twitter.com/Dr_FarrisD/status/1236308771133165568?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Very bad indeed :-(

14 days quarantine for the Cheltenham crowd then ?

This is what’s should be happening!! All tourists banned and any returning Irish put into quarantine ... while close down is pointless otherwise as the virus will stay flowing in

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭d51984

Clayton hotel is not fake news. Sister works there. They got a txt the other day but still business as usual.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Heard on the grape-vine all online deliveries will be cancelled from tomorrow.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

Steve F wrote: »
    He's a psychology question
    Does Panic buying CAUSE panic buying?
    Vicious circle?

It does. I'm not afraid of the Coronavirus. But I'm terrified of people who are afraid of the Coronavirus. As a result I have had a couple of weeks worth of supplies in the house for the past 2-3 weeks. I've just replenished it as we went. So today when the **** hit the fan I don't have to go anywhere near a supermarket until common sense kicks in sometime late next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,605 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

The sense of doom is palpable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Steve F wrote: »
    He's a psychology question
    Does Panic buying CAUSE panic buying?
    Vicious circle?

Absolutely.

I went into my local supermarket to buy lunch today and there were crazy queues - I then met a woman I know in there and asked her how she was getting on.

She told me that she had to rush down there as she heard the queues were out the gate- some perverse logic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

I think we'll l see more or less a doubling of cases tonight.

That's been the progress of other countries around this time and something spooked Leo and Co into action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Tordelback wrote: »
    And your alternative suggestion to is for us to... do nothing and watch our loved ones die? I'm not saying you haven't thought this through, but you haven't.
    well im usually pissed to see people sick and going into work, reality is theres many bastards who will crawl if they need to work, but in this case lock down and shut down on services that will affect many seems like pissing in the wind, as it might be 1-3 months, and will take one **** to spread it all over again, not smth thats possible to eradicate completely in modern age we live and with amount of people traveling.

all crap aside i would of imagined government pull whatever funds they need, if they have billions to pi$$ away on some projects that never see daylight never mind taxes they rake in from regular people daily, dropping a billion on acquiring few thousand isolation tents double pay for any medical workers and proper equipment to deal with extreme cases should be way to go, thus only dragging suspected cases and those in need, rest move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

Today is going to be the highest jump in cases. They have made it pretty obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Social distance people!

Let's pull together by keeping apart.

Long queues in a packed shop isn't it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

It's survival of the least complacent now.

We need to encourage government action on the flights coming in and out of Ireland. We are going to be bombarded by people traipsing through Ireland from Europe to get to USUK.

Please support petition here:
    https://www.change.org/Covid-19IE

FFS...no were not! They're not going to get passed US homeland security at the airports!

ECDC expects rapid increase in cases. And calls for more measures to be taken

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

lawred2 wrote: »
    uhuh

so we can expect all Tesco outlets to close from tomorrow then. Gotcha...

No, more stock is coming in but the floor manager in tesco today told someone that they will be shutting early today as they're out of stock. They said online orders were being refunded also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

2 and a half rolls of kitten soft toilet paper.

Will swap for 4 euro 2020 tickets.

No time wasters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

A nice belt of doom weather again in Dublin. Same as yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭jackboy

uhuh

so we can expect all Tesco outlets to close from tomorrow then. Gotcha...

Panic buying is seemingly confined to the large chains. As someone previously said, there are lots of small local shops fully stocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

I think we'll l see more or less a doubling of cases tonight.

That's been the progress of other countries around this time and something spooked Leo and Co into action.

43 X 2 = 86 you say (give or take a few)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

We are into the second stage - moving from 'contain' to 'delay'

Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon says the decision was taken following a Cobra meeting this afternoon.

Gonna do a live YouTube video from lidl shortly

GooglePlus wrote: »
    No more stock is coming in but the floor manager in tesco today told someone that they will be shutting early today as they're out of stock. They said online orders were being refunded also.

so you believe that the supply chains have collapsed already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Tordelback wrote: »
    And your alternative suggestion to is for us to... do nothing and watch our loved ones die?

Unfortunately these are literally the only two options available to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Silly question, given that people die from 'ordinary flu' every year, do we have a comparison of how many critical flu patients have died Vs CoVid19 patients?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Are the tech companies all public buildings will they be shut down at 6 tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭spakman

I think he/she meant "No. More stock is coming in"

spakman wrote: »
    I think he/she meant "No. More stock is coming in"

massive difference

look they are still taking online orders - not sure why they would be doing that if their supply chains would have already collapsed to such an extent.

It might happen - but like most things on the internet that boil down to "friend of a friend" - I'll wait for something more concrete.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Bit like a yawn!;)

Thought so;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

No! More stock is coming in! But...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement