Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

d51984 wrote: »
    The 3rd floor of that Clayton hotel has been sealed off the last few days. An air hostess got it there.

Cork or Dublin?

Tom Hanks has it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

What about the humble spud?

I've emailed the WHO and asked them to announce any future pandemics a week in advance of the declaration.
    Hohoho that's a very funny quip, congrats. But on a serious note this did not come out of nowhere. We knew it was in the country, we knew that we were several weeks behind Italy. We can look at other countries to see the progression.

People have been discussing the possibility of school closures for some time. The decision should have been made and announced a week ago. Knowing the measure was some days away would have lessened the feeling of urgency among the populace. It would give people time to prepare in a calm and rational manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

FOOD SUPPLIES ARE NOT AN ISSUE, NEITHER IS THERE A TOILET ROLL SHORTAGE . . .

Fake News is bad news.
    As Donald would say :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,878 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I got my hands on 24 Andrex super soft luxury rolls.

Gold dust. GOLD DUST people! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

i suggest we start a separate treat where people can brag about how a y bogrolls they stock piled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭spookwoman

726 extra so far today for spain, are they turning into another italy

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Gold dust. GOLD DUST people! :D

No sh*t, Sherlock! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

GooglePlus wrote: »
    This is true, current orders in situ may be cancelled and money refunded. There's no stock for these guys to pick, the website doesn't reflect this.

Why is there no stock to pick. Are the schools supplying it?

spookwoman wrote: »
    726 extra so far today for spain, are they turning into another italy

UK now on 590

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Not sure if this was posted already but it looks like things might get real serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

This sh/t just got real...

I am at home with my 80 year old mother. She is a spritely, active woman who has to be doing something or else she will crack up.
    We lost my Dad last summer and they were inseparable for 51 years. It has only been in the recent few months that she has started to get back to a semi normal status, well a 'new normal', as have I.
    Since January, she has been focusing on the 1 year anniversary, booking the mass, food for after, ensuring the headstone would be up etc.
    Encouraging my siblings (who all live abroad) to book their flights to be home for it.
    Now, I am absolutely terrified of her picking virus up, I am on my own, I cannot bear the possibility of something happening to her.
    She is terrified that the virus will stop them from travelling home and it'll just be us.

She is a great one to go to the gym at her age but getting her to stop is like taking sweets off a child and I get it, she'll crack up but even saying just for a few weeks, she still gets into a strop, she knows best.
    Ugh, I don't know what to do. I am getting texts from my siblings to make sure she is being careful when out and washing her hands frequently.

I don't mean to come across as poor me but I hope some people out there acknowledge that this has the potential to be extremely devastating.
    Everyone's lives are different and have varying degree of risks but for the love of God, please have some sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Still genuinely amazed how many people are living in blissful ignorance thinking it's 'just the flu'.

They really need to read the reports coming from Italy and imagine that it's likely to be them and their families impacted unless we take critical action now.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

lawred2 wrote: »
    all presenting with matured symptoms at the same time? In a hotel?

e: staff maybe?

Homless lodgers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Is someone on a Vendetta against Clayton hotels or something.

It's also used as an emergency accommodation for refugees

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

FOOD SUPPLIES ARE NOT AN ISSUE, NEITHER IS THERE A TOILET ROLL SHORTAGE . . .

Fake News is bad news.
    As Donald would say :)

Real news may be behind a paywall.

Fake news is free.

Might be an idea to get rid of the paywalls for articles about the coronavirus.

• Site Banned Posts: 33 Doctor Shipman

I'm expecting 9 new cases in the south this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭spookwoman

UK now on 590
    That's total cases in UK, Spain has 726 news cases so far today taking it up to 3003

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

lawred2 wrote: »
    so you believe that the supply chains have collapsed already?

I corrected my post. The importance of punctuation.

who ****ing cares

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

The weather is reflecting the general doomsday mood - realfeel in Dublin showing as -8 on my phone!

spakman wrote: »
    It's bull**** - some fella was peddling that story on twitter yesterday and last week

Not bull I'm across the road from it. Have a video I'll post it when I get home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I hope people don't see this as a holiday.

This needs to be bet into peoples heads; you go outside, your gonna pick this up.

spookwoman wrote: »
    That's total cases in UK, Spain has 726 news cases so far today taking it up to 3003

Oh dear, that puts a totally different light on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sparkle109

Not bull I'm across the road from it. Have a video I'll post it when I get home

Which one?

UK has 6.8 cases per million people
    Ireland has 8.7

we are moving a lot faster here than in the UK

sparkle109 wrote: »
    Which one?

Clayton

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TXPTGR1

Any way people coming home from Cheltenham could be branded or tattooed on their forehead so people know to avoid them and so that when crisis is over they can be ostracised?
    Something like ****wit would suffice

sparkle109 wrote: »
    Which one?

Clonshagh

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 33 Doctor Shipman

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I hope people don't see this as a holiday.

This needs to be bet into peoples heads; you go outside, your gonna pick this up.

Most of us have to go to work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement