Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Clayton

which one? there a few in Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭amber2

I'm expecting 9 new cases in the south this evening.

Gonna be our epicentre. I know we don’t have the population but we seem to have got it all wrong here.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭hermano

theguzman wrote: »
    I was in Argentina myself last weekend and there is no restrictions or anything here in Brazil, hand sanitizer is common but face-masks I only seen in Sao Paulo airport. Life continues as normal without concern, I'm afraid it could be another Italy in the making. News coming out of the Philippines an equally hot country suggests the heat is not going to stop this virus.

How long is your trip to Argentina for? I am here 10 days with another 21 days left to run and I am in a dilemma whether to evacuate home or tough it out. The paranoia and worrying about the situation at home is really ruining my enjoyment of the trip however.

5 weeks. Sound anonymous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭ShayNanigan

LirW wrote: »
    I was just in my village shop, they have towers of Bog roll and all sorts of food, like nothing ever happened. If you need anything, look very local, chances are they have everything.

This is my plan. Most of the cheaper stuff was gone yesterday but the more expensive brands still on the shelves. One lady I've ran into before shopping had gone totally bonkers with an empty stare in her eyes. Her cart was filled to the brim with nothing but household cleaners, sanitising wipes, all kinds of cleaning stuff and no food at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Cheltenham going ahead is going to looked back on as a monumental fckkup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

TXPTGR1 wrote: »
    Anyway people coming home from Cheltenham could be branded or tattooed on their forehead so people know to avoid them and so that when crisis is over they can be ostracised?
    Something like ****wit would suffice

What about anyone who's been to a match or a gig? Why is Cheltenham the magical be all end all here. Its by a long shot not the only show in town, plenty of other mass gatherings have happened. How many Irish will have gone to the Liverpool game last night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I hope people don't see this as a holiday.

This needs to be bet into peoples heads; you go outside, your gonna pick this up.

Ive been saying this in work all day

People will think its a chance to let their kids run wild

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

All I can say is I love my supply of Xanax right now. Hook it to my fucking veins!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Any way people coming home from Cheltenham could be branded or tattooed on their forehead so people know to avoid them and so that when crisis is over they can be ostracised?

They're superhuman unlike us they're to be looked up to and we should all fantasise being like them.

Bull**** aside, they're selfish greedy and lack common sense, anyone I know who's a gambler are a bad breed and careless

I can't stop thinking about Leos speech and how normal it seemed to be saying those things given the circumstances...but none of this is normal.. If I'd just woken from a coma and heard these words, it would be bloody terrifying..

"Together we can slow the virus in it's tracks and push it back... Acting together as one nation we can save many lives. Our economy will suffer but it will bounce back...

We all need to look out for each other. Ireland is a great nation .. we're a great people. We've experienced hardship and struggled before. We've overcome many trials in the past with our determination and our spirit and once again..

We will prevail!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is there any clear symptom(s) to separate it from cold or flu?

I'm a paranoid hypochondriac asthma sufferer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

All I can say is I love my supply of Xanax right now. Hook it to my fucking veins!

Swap two rolls of Cushelle for some

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Cheltenham going ahead is going to looked back on as a monumental fckkup.

And what about the football matches still being played in front of 50k crowds?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I hope people don't see this as a holiday.

This needs to be bet into peoples heads; you go outside, your gonna pick this up.

People shouldn't just remain indoors. But be sensible when going out; don't congregate in groups etc.

Unfortunately, everyone seems to have rushed to congregate in the closest supermarket they could find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

My folks live in Spain and there are 3000 cases there now and they said there is zero difference in the supermarkets, no panic buying etc. Maybe I should try to get down there for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Still genuinely amazed how many people are living in blissful ignorance thinking it's 'just the flu'.

They really need to read the reports coming from Italy and imagine that it's likely to be them and their families impacted unless we take critical action now.

Maybe you could link a report from italy, for the people who find it hard to navigate the multitude of shīt that's being bandied about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

There is 4 cases all within 30 kms of a town in Kerry, I know this through local news, I think the real figures are not being released. I know HSE staff who were warned of severe disciplinary action if they were to reveal the information of patients being treated with Covid-19 or the very fact that there was patients with the virus in their hospital. Quoting GDPR and Patient privacy, the real figures are far higher I am certain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

What about anyone who's been to a match or a gig? Why is Cheltenham the magical be all end all here. Its by a long shot not the only show in town, plenty of other mass gatherings have happened. How many Irish will have gone to the Liverpool game last night?

id say at least 14/1:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,520 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

If I'd just woken from a coma

cm-696x442.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

sterz wrote: »
    And what about the football matches still being played in front of 50k crowds?

Going to be suspended but a fcukup also. But allowing thousands of people 4 days to mill around Cheltenham is going to be a regretful decision. I hope I'm wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

Major gatherings to be banned in Scotland from Monday - Sturgeon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭optogirl

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Ive been saying this in work all day

People will think its a chance to let their kids run wild

who will think that? Are parents waiting for opportunities to let their kids run wild?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭jackboy

I can't stop thinking about Leos speech and how normal it seemed to be saying those things given the circumstances...but none of this is normal.. If I'd just woken from a coma and heard these words, it would be bloody terrifying..

"Together we can slow the virus in it's tracks and push it back... Acting together as one nation we can save many lives. Our economy will suffer but it will bounce back...

We all need to look out for each other. Ireland is a great nation .. we're a great people. We've experienced hardship and struggled before. We've overcome many trials in the past with our determination and our spirit and once again..

We will prevail!"

Yep. Ridiculous propaganda. Leo has never been able to talk straight with his speeches. It’s just some crap his speech writer saw in a film. His speech couldn’t have been less Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Pitch n Putt

Any way people coming home from Cheltenham could be branded or tattooed on their forehead so people know to avoid them and so that when crisis is over they can be ostracised?

Enough about Cheltenham for god sake. It’s like it the only event happening in the world and the epicentre of the virus. The virus is everywhere. Probably 100000 people coming into Dublin airport daily from worldwide destinations and Italy more likely to bring the virus with them.
    Schools colleges closed but 1000’s can get buses,trains ,Luas etc to get to work it’s a joke.
    Selective closures will help but it’s got to be all or nothing. What are people going to focus on once the racing is finished. There’s not thousands of confirmed cases in Cheltenham by the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭PaybackPayroll

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is there any clear symptom(s) to separate it from cold or flu?

I'm a paranoid hypochondriac asthma sufferer

Apparently, symptoms are more 'dry' than 'wet'.
    So fever and dry cough rather than runny nose.

But that's just what I've read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,712 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

My folks live in Spain and there are 3000 cases there now and they said there is zero difference in the supermarkets, no panic buying etc. Maybe I should try to get down there for the foreseeable future.

Rushing to supermarkets isn't going to cause a mass spread of the virus. Spain are definitely worse off than us right now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Amirani wrote: »
    Unfortunately, everyone seems to have rushed to congregate in the closest supermarket they could find.

It's quite silly. People are only making it more difficult on the people working in the big shops.
    The supply lines and stocks are just fine but staff cannot restock the shelves fast enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

We will prevail!"

I know. I've been through some crazy shit health-wise the last few years - getting a broken rib from simply sneezing, having a needle jammed into the bone marrow of my femur with minimal local anesthetic, my chin intermittently going numb, a nipple that won't stop bleeding, various lumps, struggling breathing - but this whole situation is the most freaked out I've felt since my diagnosis day.

I too feel confidence in our resilience. People can put up with so much crap and don't realise their own strength until faced with something awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭amber2

Amirani wrote: »
    People shouldn't just remain indoors. But be sensible when going out; don't congregate in groups etc.

Which will be the worst possible outcome from this announcement, 5 days time and we could see a huge increase from simply just going out to shop, it was inevitable schools/colleges were going to close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭darjeeling

spookwoman wrote: »
    726 extra so far today for spain, are they turning into another italy

Looking at the numbers, and in particular the number of deaths (which give a more accurate picture of the size of the epidemic than the number of detected cases), Spain and France are ~10 days behind Italy. Germany is ~2-3 weeks behind.
    Travel to anywhere in Europe beyond a couple of weeks from now looks very uncertain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement