Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

tom1ie wrote: »
    id say at least 14/1:pac:

That's worth a screen shot, best laugh all day 😂

Juat screenshot that and sent it to a friend brilliant wit 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

sterz wrote: »
    And what about the football matches still being played in front of 50k crowds?

I agree but where Cheltenham is out on its own is it’s over multiple day’s , many people who will be there for the week, drinking and complacently going around tired more as the week goes on, increasing the chances of getting infected and infecting.

An outdoor event may not on its own be as bad, but one that drags out for days which will include lots of drinking is just a cesspit for spread. I personally hope that this destroys that event if it turns out that it’s created a red zone that’s spitting back a lot of infected people to their parts of the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Enough about Cheltenham for god sake. It’s like it the only event happening in the world and the epicentre of the virus. The virus is everywhere. Probably 100000 people coming into Dublin airport daily from worldwide destinations and Italy more likely to bring the virus with them.
    Schools colleges closed but 1000’s can get buses,trains ,Luas etc to get to work it’s a joke.
    Selective closures will help but it’s got to be all or nothing. What are people going to focus on once the racing is finished. There’s not thousands of confirmed cases in Cheltenham by the way

We'll know in about 2 weeks if Cheltenham was a disaster or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Seems the UK won't be making any changes other than banning mass gatherings of more than 500 people. A very strange response given the drastic actions taken by other countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm expecting 9 new cases in the south this evening.
    amber2 wrote: »
    Gonna be our epicentre. I know we don’t have the population but we seem to have got it all wrong here.

Cork why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

In this crisis some businesses will do really well, such as shops, suppliers, food producers and the like. It would be great if they could take on employees from the hospitality industry on short term contracts.

I wish. I work in hospitality and I guarantee we will be a make shift childcare facility tomorrow so mam and dad can still watch the racing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭spookwoman

darjeeling wrote: »
    Looking at the numbers, and in particular the number of deaths (which give a more accurate picture of the size of the epidemic than the number of detected cases), Spain and France are ~10 days behind Italy. Germany is ~2-3 weeks behind.
    Travel to anywhere in Europe beyond a couple of weeks from now looks very uncertain.

Thats the next one for the spreadsheet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Swap two rolls of Cushelle for some

€50, boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

kevin12345 wrote: »
    Seems the UK won't be making any changes other than banning mass gatherings of more than 500 people. A very strange response given the drastic actions taken by other countries.

Boris and Trump, Brexit and Trump, the idiocy of these nations probably could not have happened at a worst time in history....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

All I can say is I love my supply of Xanax right now. Hook it to my fucking veins!

Care to Share ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

Did anybody see the Army standby notice doing the rounds on whats-app, is it real or what?

jackboy wrote: »
    Yep. Ridiculous propaganda. Leo has never been able to talk straight with his speeches. It’s just some crap his speech writer saw in a film. His speech couldn’t have been less Irish.

I think everything he said was true and mostly that we need to come together to save lives. If people ignore this and go on as they were.. well that's very dangerous. We all need to curtail frivolous activities, follow strick hygiene standards and so on.

I think he needed to give the public a very strong message...

But its still crazy to hear and if you had somehow been oblivious to all this and just caught that speech ...well you would be very freaked out. Fortunately I'm sure most have seen this coming.. so it shouldn't have been too shocking..even Grace's out on her island is fully up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭d51984

Clayton hotel Dublin Airport (Clonshaugh) is the one thats having problems at the moment. It started the other day (I posted about it here)

My sister works there, they got a txt to say there was a case there. 3rd floor has been sealed off since however it seems they have at least another 2 cases now.

My sister has rang in sick despite a business as usual operation from them.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I can't stop thinking about Leos speech and how normal it seemed to be saying those things given the circumstances...but none of this is normal.. If I'd just woken from a coma and heard these words, it would be bloody terrifying..

"Together we can slow the virus in it's tracks and push it back... Acting together as one nation we can save many lives. Our economy will suffer but it will bounce back...

We all need to look out for each other. Ireland is a great nation .. we're a great people. We've experienced hardship and struggled before. We've overcome many trials in the past with our determination and our spirit and once again..

We will prevail!"

Yeah it put the skids in me. I was having visions of some kind of end of world apocalyptic movie where those kinds of speeches are transmitted through radio to the five remaining people left in the world. Grim! Fast forward to six when I can chug a glass of wine

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TXPTGR1

So this is more about you just wanting to have a go at people who enjoy horse racing, right so.

No it’s about my justifiable anger about a bunch of selfish degenerates endangering public health

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

macnug wrote: »
    Did anybody see the Army standby notice doing the rounds on whats-app, is it real or what?

Yes it’s real it’s been reported in the Irish examiner

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mick987

I’d say quite a few air hostesses have “got it” there...
    The Corona Virus is probably the least infectious disease they have caught there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

What about anyone who's been to a match or a gig? Why is Cheltenham the magical be all end all here. Its by a long shot not the only show in town, plenty of other mass gatherings have happened. How many Irish will have gone to the Liverpool game last night?

Cheltenham-Festival.jpeg

Because of the number of people who attend... more people = more chance of being infected.

Once the virus genie is out of the bottle it is impossible to put it back - without the strict measures recommended by the authorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

Just got a notice from my gym they are closing till 29th March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

EDIT: didn't realise it was in the paper :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

14 days quarantine for the Cheltenham crowd then ?

If they like Cheltenham that much to risk so many lives then they can fu(k1ng stay there.... We don't want them back & there's no loss to us without them anyhow.

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    Yes it’s real it’s been reported in the Irish examiner

Any link?

Justin Trudeau self isolating. Sky News.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

UK now on 590

Wow!
    I can remember seeing them at 37 or something and thinking that was a lot

Yeah it put the skids in me. I was having visions of some kind of end of world apocalyptic movie where those kinds of speeches are transmitted through radio to the five remaining people left in the world. Grim! Fast forward to six when I can chug a glass of wine

Yeah imagine it in a Winston Churchill voice, coming through on a transistor radio, all breaking up!

Fortunately Leo has a far less commanding voice and I find it's actually more shocking reading it back than when he was saying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Dear God Please Forgive Me For My Past Misdemeanours.
    Hail Mary Full Of Grace,The Lord Is With Thee.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    Just got a notice from my gym they are closing till 29th March.

What will happen to your gainz?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭sudzs

Thermometers are mostly out of stock on Boots.co.uk and Argos not much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Lads d'army is always on stand by.

Dont be alarmed by that picture that some sap posted. All DF lads and lassies should always have 72hrs worth of kit ready to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I think tomorrow is my last day in the office for a while. I'm on immunesuppressant medication so I cant chance it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement