Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,323 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Things are getting serious

What does ATCA stand for??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭facehugger99

d51984 wrote: »
    All the idiots out panic buying today better of stocked up on condoms... Can you picture it in ten years time... Corona, come in for your dinner luv.... ha ha ha. Gotta laugh.

Ideally not at your own joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

Drumpot wrote: »
    Might a day or two but yeh the rush will ease off as people calm down. It’s best it happens now rather then when deaths are piling up and people are even more scared. I’m kind of relieved we are at this point cause it’s been obvious for weeks we were going to get here. Also feel very encouraged by how our authority’s are really stepping things up fast. Anybody following this for awhile will recognise we are actually responding well, better then a lot of countries and it actually looks like there is a plan of action taking place. This includes supermarkets and food outlets prepping and planning for weeks so I’m sure they are well stocked up.

I feel very relaxed about this and think that we will all learn quickly to help reduce this spread thanks to Italy and our authority’s proving that they have tried to stay ahead of this.

Also, thank you to our healthcare workers in advance, we all need to get behind them, stop complaining and do our part. Wash your hands, cough/sneeze into a tissue, don’t make appointments that aren’t necessary, learn about social distancing, think before doing things (particularly around older/vulnerable people) , start planning out your day’s (I was chatting with our fitness instructor this morning to do online live feeds). There’s actually loads of things we can do over the coming weeks to turn this into a positive, learn a language , learn things you have put off.

Get out of here with your common sense and positivity!

Nah but seriously I 100% agree with your comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

DrumSteve wrote: »
    As soon as a vaccine/treatment/deus ex machina comes out, I'm going to Italy to spend a few quid.

They were the canary in the coal mine here and they are good people.

Italy is somewhere I’m still desperate to visit. I spent all of Call Me By Your Name spellbound by Lombardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Absolute morons.

I think the word you're looking for is thieves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

Mwengwe wrote: »
    Agreed, not sure why Cheltenham attendees are being described as evildoers by people who've probably themselves gone to non-essential social functions in the last week or so.

I did not call them 'evildoers... the powers that be had not yet said that their travel was dangerous. They just like the rest of us must do what we can to limit the spread of this damned virus.

The retrospectoscope is the most accurate instrument known to man and people have a nasty habit of trying to find scapegoats.

All that solves nothing.

Trying to 'flatten the curve' and reduce spread is all that matters now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

sudzs wrote: »
    Thermometers are mostly out of stock on Boots.co.uk and Argos not much better.

Dealz have them for €1.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Anyways, time to close the border? Keep them foreigners out? No wonder the Shinners ain't too keen on a national government all of a sudden :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

laugh wrote: »
    Had a delivery from Tesco Carlow earlier, shop had to be shut because was too packed and people were leaving with Trolleys of groceries not paid for.

You would despair really... amazing how horrible people are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

Yea I was just asking about that, Irish times covered it.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/coronavirus-defence-forces-personnel-told-to-report-to-barracks-1.4201172

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Boggles wrote: »
    Fergal Bowers is reporting like a fúcking champ.

He's like the Covid-19 Tony Connelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,905 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Dial Hard wrote: »
    We’ve been on “be ready to work from home” notice for almost two weeks now but still no decision made. I wish they’d just make the call, if nothing else I’ve a pain in my face (and neck and shoulders) lugging my laptop, diary and all my notes in and out every day.

Public transport too.

Well, we finally got the nod. And told to take our keyboards and monitors home with us this evening too. Taxi home on company account for anyone who needs to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Boggles wrote: »
    Fergal Bowers is reporting like a fúcking champ.

He deserves a medal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

You all had weeks to stock up. Weeks. All a rush now

People right Here in these threads calling people like me any you scaremongers and saying this was only a flu.

These same people are now the ones in the zombie stampede at the supermarkets.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

lawred2 wrote: »
    You would despair really... amazing how horrible people are really

So much for the famous Irish community spirit. Selfish bunch of morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭laurah591

The logic behind 'social distancing'.

https://miro.medium.com/max/670/1*PZesaMfoPxgYJBoQVtpmjQ.gif

This web page is a great resource for anyone wishing to inform themselves about the pandemic and it's evolution.

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coron...e-f4d3d9cd99ca

Article has been linked several times .... but deffo worth linking again for those who have not read it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

As soon as a vaccine/treatment/deus ex machina comes out, I'm going to Italy to spend a few quid.

Thanks for your words and support, DrumSteve.
    It's not easy to read those words of appreciation towards us in these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Rumour from a ****ing idiot is that they are readying the guards and the army to impose a curfew in Limerick. I'm disregarding it as bollocks.

Super Valu delivery is 20 minutes late. Not especially hopeful for it appearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

namloc1980 wrote: »
    What does ATCA stand for??

Aid To Civil Authorities. It's the same as if they were being geared up to go to flood defences, we're not talking about tooling up to shoot shoppers at Tesco.

Keep calm folks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Standard DF unit policy.

Nothing to be alarmed about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

Italy is somewhere I’m still desperate to visit. I spent all of Call Me By Your Name spellbound by Lombardy.

You'll be welcome here, but be aware that not Italy is safe to visit.

Nijmegen wrote: »
    Aid To Civil Authorities. It's the same as if they were being geared up to go to flood defences, we're not talking about tooling up to shoot shoppers at Tesco.

Keep calm folks...

Maybe they should!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,605 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

I actually checked Booking.com to the hotel I booked in Italy last year. 2019 I paid 2500 for 7 nights in July , July 2020 same hotel is 1100.

Rumour from a ****ing idiot is that they are readying the guards and the army to impose a curfew in Limerick. I'm disregarding it as bollocks.

Super Valu delivery is 20 minutes late. Not especially hopeful for it appearing.

Seeing as how it is Limerick, it's probably true!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

That's a lot better than the rumour I heard earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭ShayNanigan

So now it's Three, Vodafone and Virgin Media... WTH is this?! First the shops and now this. People calm down.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/three-ireland-down-network-mobile-21680775

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭facehugger99

The 2020 edition of Reeling in the Years is going to be absolutely hilarious for future generations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

By all accounts it is now a desperate place to visit.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,989 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

fritzelly wrote: »

Everything about that video is sickening. The fact its in portrait mode, the horizontal filming, everything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement