Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

I actually checked Booking.com to the hotel I booked in Italy last year. 2019 I paid 2500 for 7 nights in July , July 2020 same hotel is 1100.

A robbery then and now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Maybe they should!?

They could but they only went and bought out all the bullets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Anyways, time to close the border? Keep them foreigners out? No wonder the Shinners ain't too keen on a national government all of a sudden :)

https://www.change.org/Covid-19IE

There is a cruise liner with 750 passengers landing in Cork tomorrow. There are people coming home from Cheltenham. Please sign this petition to implore the government to act now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Rumour from a ****ing idiot is that they are readying the guards and the army to impose a curfew in Limerick. I'm disregarding it as bollocks.

Super Valu delivery is 20 minutes late. Not especially hopeful for it appearing.

The Army Ranger Wing is commonly referred to as the "ARW". Wags in the defence forces also commonly refer to the acronym standing for "Army Rumour Wing". I wouldn't believe any kind of BS like that until I saw it happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭d51984

UK briefing shortly.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Meanwhile at Cheltenham

And They’re off!

Lucky Leo taking an early lead but does he have the distance? Followed closely by Social distance and Outbreak , Wuhan Lad is falling back now. Pan Demick out of Hor D’Or coming strongly from the rear but wait, taking the field by storm at the finish it’s Trolly Lady, Trolly Lady by a nose!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭laurah591

spookwoman wrote: »
    726 extra so far today for spain, are they turning into another italy

I think for sure heading Italy's direction - look there 1dt community spread death was a month ago at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

sudzs wrote: »
    Thermometers are mostly out of stock on Boots.co.uk and Argos not much better.

They have plenty of the. ones you stick up your hole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,323 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The 2020 edition of Reeling in the Years is going to be absolutely hilarious for future generations.

Yeah comical........:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

fritzelly wrote: »

Now I have coronavirus and a broken neck, thanks! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭kyote00

Coffin ships in reverse

There is a cruise liner with 750 passengers landing in Cork tomorrow. There are people coming home from Cheltenham. Please sign this petition to implore the government to act now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,520 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,905 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The 2020 edition of Reeling in the Years is going to be absolutely hilarious for future generations.

I can't believe you're still banging this drum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

So now it's Three, Vodafone and Virgin Media... WTH is this?! First the shops and now this. People calm down.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/three-ireland-down-network-mobile-21680775

Not sure what's going on with Vodafone, but Virgin Mobile in Ireland is hosted on 3's network. So, if there's a technical issue with 3, there'll likely be a technical issue with Virgin mobile too as it's relying on most of the same infrastructure.

I'd suspect it's coincidental rather than Coronavirus related.

Although you may have a BIG uptick in people running traffic on networks during the day now with work-from home and bored at home and on netflix etc..

I'd say what could be a slight issue is a lot of people who don't normally use home broadband, suddenly start to fire up their mobiles as WiFi hubs for their temporary home office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Thanks for your words and support, DrumSteve.
    It's not easy to read those words of appreciation towards us in these days.

Keep the head up man.

Italy will bounce back from this not a bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Things are getting serious

This is all really good to see. This shows our authority’s are really trying to stay ahead of this and trying to help our healthcare workers triage appropriately and to actually have somewhere to place patients. This is all the kind of stuff WHO have been talking about and we are doing it. If you watched the WHO conference yesterday they actually praised Ireland , they don’t praise countries lightly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

BREAKING: The World Health Organization has announced that dogs cannot contract Covid-19. Dogs previously held in quarantine can now be released. To be clear, WHO let the dogs out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Will it yeah?

People losing loved ones.

People losing their Jobs.

Hospital Staff breakdowns.

Fucking gas.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Just put the Cheltenham people into the Clayton. Sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

kyote00 wrote: »
    Coffin ships in reverse

Ships that bring people back to life?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Omackeral wrote: »
    Just put the Cheltenham people into the Clayton. Sorted.

WHICH ONE ?

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭kyote00

And Three is always ****e
    Xertz wrote: »
    Not sure what's going on with Vodafone, but Virgin Mobile in Ireland is hosted on 3's network. So, if there's a technical issue with 3, there'll likely be a technical issue with Virgin mobile too as it's relying on most of the same infrastructure.

Although you may have a BIG uptick in people running traffic on networks during the day now with work-from home and bored at home and on netflix etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,163 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Things are going from bad to worse. My wife called in to the library to stock up with books in case they close , being 'cultural institutions'. The place was manic with people maxing their allowance of books.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Candamir

This is useful tool(even if a little long) to understand the numbers in this epidemic.

https://youtu.be/Kas0tIxDvrg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

d51984 wrote: »
    UK briefing shortly.

Figures already out. +130 cases/+ 2 deaths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

That would mean strong, decisive leadership from the government which would also be unpopular for a small number of people.

Its never going to happen.

They will be let in, no checks or questions asked and unlikely to be told to self isolate until further notice.

Sure we need the tourists, etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

kyote00 wrote: »
    And Three is always ****e

No idea why Vodafone may be having issues. Could be a knock on issue with 3 though e.g. queuing text messages or something that aren't going through.

I wouldn't be that concerned though and don't think it's very likely to be anything to do with the thread although you might have a spike in call traffic in some areas if everyone's trying to text from the same Lidl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,323 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Xertz wrote: »

I'd say what could be a slight issue is a lot of people who don't normally use home broadband, suddenly start to fire up their mobiles as WiFi hubs for their temporary home office.

3 is crap at the best of times. Vodafone not so sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭scotchy

Got any pets?

Yes. A gorgeous tabby cat. going to eat her first.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement