Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,852 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This is all so surreal

What will happen with Pubs etc

Sister getting married 2nd April

What's taking Boris so long?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

What's the cases in Ireland to date.

No update since yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I cannot understand the whole stockpiling thing. The shops aren't ****ing closing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭jos28

d51984 wrote: »
    Traffic gridlock from Musgraves Ballymun right the way down Santry Ave and towards M50 on Ballymun road. CLOWNS!!!

Thanks for the heads up, I was going to head up there. I'm not going now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Since the earlier update at noon Sweden,Denmark and Austria have all added an additional 60-70 cases each to today's total, 200 more in germany.

At least 1500 new cases across Europe today excluding Italy and France

Lithuania has closed all schools, banned mass gatherings and issued advisories to avoid flying to any high risk countries.
    Germany, France and Spain are all considered 'high risk' places to fly to by many countries now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

A poor struggling Clayton hotel has been overrun by fellas in hazmat suits every two days according to WhatsApp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

PTH2009 wrote: »
    This is all so surreal

Keep them trimmed is the general advice, but I wouldn't worry as underwear and a layer of clothes should keep them fairly well protected

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Videos and pics going around my whatsapp of the Clayton incident indeed. Seems legit.

What is the Clayton incident?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,999 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

nthclare wrote: »
    My employer is telling us we're still operating, not giving up where I work.
    Some people here had thought they'd be getting a free holiday.
    But I'd actually prefer to be going in to work as I'm working in the horticultural sector and with trees, shrubs, glass houses etc

Ill probably be on my own as some people have family and want to lock themselves away for a few weeks.
    Ill gladly get the herbaceous borders split and divided as well as look after seedlings and potting on bedding and lots of rose pruning to be done.
    Pathways cleaned of weeds etc
    Im out in a parkland which will be open hopefully in April.
    Nature will be a good distraction.

Thought you worked in some sort of museum?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,323 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

About 10 days ago the Diamond Princess cruise ship (c.700 cases) was by far the most affected location outside mainland China. A lot has happened since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭jos28

I cannot understand the whole stockpiling thing. The shops aren't ****ing closing.

Ridiculous carry on. I just went to do my usual weekly shop at my normal time. Fekc all left, no spuds/rice/pasta/toilet roll. Supermarket went mental as soon as the announcement was made. People shouting at staff for the empty shelves, it's pathetic. Shops will be open tomorrow, shelves will be filled. Bread will be baked, hens will lay eggs.......
    It's not the apocalypse, there are some awful gobsh1tes in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Italian numbers in a few minutes I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭greenfield21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Boris not fluffing his words here.
    Stark and dire facts being spoken.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

What is the Clayton incident?

x-files-ufo-3.jpg

This post will be deleted in five... four.... three...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

This is all so surreal

This is the chance to have a reasonably priced wedding. If indoors it must be limited to 100 people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

This is all so surreal

Sister was meant to be getting married 2nd April

I fixed that post for you.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,323 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

She said diseases know no borders. That's correct. Trump's move yesterday was politically motivated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Drumpot wrote: »
    It can also bring out the best in people. Its always easier to focus on the negative and the scary right now but if we want, we can choose to focus on the positive.

As I was collecting my youngest from school earlier I was walking past the school bus. The bus driver was just eating crisps waiting for the children to get on board, seemed like he was having a moment to himself. I dont think I have ever really looked at him or paid attention (as my children dont take the bus). But as I passed I looked nod and gave him a wave. He waved back and it was one of those "things are going to change now, good luck" kind of waves because he doesn't know me and has prob never seen me.

Most people are good, but it can feel like many are bad, probably because some of us (certainly me at times) are hardwired to focus on the negative things. I think whats happening now can lead to great things aswell, try and forge some community spirit back. We are all in this together and the best way of getting through it is by looking out for each other. Maybe for few weeks , forgetting about the rat race, economies, stupid arguments, politics, maybe this can be a good thing for us to reassess how we have been living. Regadless of what happens, we all have a chance to spend some quality time with the ones we probably take for granted.

I have a whole thread on the positives but it's struggling.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058060900

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The shops aren’t closing.

Peoples homes are. People being advised to isolate for 14 days, basically. So people are stockpiling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,879 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Videos and pics going around my whatsapp of the Clayton incident indeed. Seems legit.

What's this now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Obviously UCD is not content that Trinity has more confirmed cases than they do.

https://twitter.com/OldeEire/status/1238147265610551298?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

It’s 5pm, and I’m pretty sure I’m not allowed to work from home tomorrow, even though our business easily has the capability, if only they’d organised remote working access for everyone weeks ago.

Anyone else feel like their company is not really taking this seriously as a public health emergency?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,131 ✭✭✭✭josip

Fair play to Hopp and Rapinoe for making it on to the sports page today

aQdSV2F.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

My guess is that People are afraid, the stockpiling is a manifestation of that fear. For many people, this is like watching a war on TV in syria, they havent really being paying attention and suddenly now there's smoke outside their door. I dont say this to insult them, more to imply I do not think this "mass panic" will last for long (its part of the process of acceptance and digesting whats going on) and its kind of theraputic and maybe a good thing to hammer home how serious things are getting.

If you think about society, we are programmed to buy stuff in nearly every scenario you can imagine. If we are happy (a present/gift), if we are sad (retail therapy), if we are scared (protection cover), if we dont understand something or need advice (professional services). And now this instant gratification is under threat. In many ways, I think rushing to the shops is as normal a response I would expect from our generation. I am not having a go, its just an observation, we are all products of our environment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭cr-07

This is all so surreal

I was meant to be getting married on the 27th of this month. Fat chance of that happening. Saying I'm disgusted is an understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,666 ✭✭✭obi604

had planned on going to the gym. would this be silly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

namloc1980 wrote: »
    About 10 days ago the Diamond Princess cruise ship (c.700 cases) was by far the most affected location outside mainland China. A lot has happened since.

South Korea was tipping over 5k cases 10 days ago. Italy had 2k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,613 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Shelga wrote: »
    It’s 5pm, and I’m pretty sure I’m not allowed to work from home tomorrow, even though our business easily has the capability, if only they’d organised remote working access for everyone weeks ago.

Anyone else feel like their company is not really taking this seriously as a public health emergency?

I live next door to the office and have been told I am not allowed come in tomorrow. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement