Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

Because there are none and we’ve missed the boat on the ones that could’ve been done 2 weeks ago.

5000 Italians wandering about Dublin over the weekend on the piss.

I wasn't going to comment but that isn't what I meant. I meant more locally in hospitals. What is done is done. We need to concentrate on the future. When this is all over, we can look at what we could have done better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

We've said all along the UK and US governments are a joke. This response proves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭d51984

RTE and SKY news both broadcasting live on youtube if anyones interested.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Maybe I should try to get down there for the foreseeable future.
    Considering your urge to travel it sounds like you already have the virus ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,879 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

d51984 wrote: »
    And we thought Leo was bad.... Borris hasnt a f**king clue!

In fairness Varadkar is a doctor. He is always going to appear more sure footed with this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

Well that's going to be a mess. We're going to have proper control measures and quite serious levels of social distancing in the Republic, while up North they'll be under the Johnsonian Laissez Faire model?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Boris Johnson " Many will die but we do not want to see a huge economic hit to this country"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

and my job has told people to work from home :)
    Sweet.

Yep. My offices are now closed. Everyone work from home. I have to say, My Company handled this well as every day we have been getting updates on contingency planning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Xertz wrote: »
    The UK measures sound seriously wishy-washy compared to Ireland.

Their CMO may list measures.

Bizarre if no concrete measures announced as they clearly have identified where they are (approx 4 weeks behind Italy).

13-16 weeks advised to keep schools off, that's why UK not closing schools now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Xertz wrote: »
    Well that's going to be a mess. We're going to have proper control measures and quite serious levels of social distancing in the Republic, while up North they'll be under the Johnsonian Laissez Faire model?

Good point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

wadacrack wrote: »
    Boris Johnson " Many will die but we do not want to see a huge economic hit to this country"

Holy. Sh1t. Unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

The Uk wants a large number of people to get it over a long period of time so there is a large portion of the population that is immune to it in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

First deaths in India and Azerbajan
    They are the 37th and 38th countries worldwide to report a death from coronavirus

Cases in New York have risen to almost 250.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,323 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

He hardly said that......did he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

UK clearly saying closing school would be a massive mistake, it would put the elderly at a far far higher risk.

We've done the opposite....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Downlinz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Unbelievable indeed.
    He didn't say it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Roll back 175 years and UK PM probably said exact same about the Irish Famine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,323 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

UK clearly saying closing school would be a massive mistake, it would put the elderly at a far far higher risk.

We've done the opposite....
    Didn't someone comment earlier about ours being driven by social media?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

namloc1980 wrote: »
    He hardly said that......did he?

nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Downlinz wrote: »

Shocking numbers does anybody still think it is just a flu?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

So Boris said they were 4 weeks behind Italy?!
    In terms of numbers and the daily increase, Italy had 470 cases on Feb 26th and 655 on the 27th, not dissimilar to the UK yesterday and today with 460 and 590 - pretty much exactly 2 weeks behind.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Italy: +2,651 cases/+189 deaths.

Fup me! :eek:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I’m home now and I’ve the dressing gown on. And I tell ye tisn’t coming off til this is all over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Shocking numbers does anybody still think it is just a flu?

Definitely, many people still do. Because it hasnt killed more people than flu does in a year in the two weeks since the virus has left China and gone global

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭cmac2009

He never said that, obviously.

this is possibly one of the most disturbing articles that I've read in a long while

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-11/italy-doctors-coronavirus-covid-19-quarantine-milan-health/

under 60's with no health conditions only getting the ventilators in Italy. if it gets worse, they will lower the age.

others are just being basically told to go die

Italy has the 2nd best health care system in the world

how many ventilators are in Ireland?

3,000 in Italy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

We need to get on top of our borders here. The UK are going to go to $hit very soon. These lads are all head bangers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement