Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Italy had it's first known case of community transmission just 20 days ago. Now 1000 dead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Downlinz

biggebruv wrote: »
    I don’t get the no 100 people indoors in one place rule

There’s over a 100 people in the staff canteen in work are we not at risk?

It's a measure to protect society from massive outbreaks through a huge, unmanageable spread. You're at risk but it's seen as an acceptable, unavoidable risk for small groups to spread it among themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,323 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Amirani wrote: »
    It said 98% of deaths were over age 68. It didn't say 98% of deaths were 68...

Most of that 98% are still over 80, as previously reported.

For the previous figures, maybe. Seems to me that the age is dropping quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I'm surprised at the lack of cases in central Africa. Not testing, I guess?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Might have a medical condition, might be immune compromised, might have a family member who is immune compromised. Lots of good reasons why.

Yes the reasons are obvious.
    But I and other people didn't pay. Dublin bus offering some sort of choice to drivers? Or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

wakka12 wrote: »
    Italy had it's first known case of community transmission just 20 days ago. Now 1000 dead

Yeah, it can be scary in that context alright.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Bob24 wrote: »
    Group picture of who was at the table.

ESnTvgNWsAAbWJl?format=jpg&name=small

Can someone tell Leo not to be shaking Trump's hand!? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Wibbs wrote: »
    The panic buying we witnessed today was a perfect illustration of mob idiocy in plain view. A mass gathering of panicked morons all milling together, completely oblivious to the fact that in their panic they have exposed themselves and others to whatever carriers of this virus are in the community. But they have their bog roll and that's fine. The fear of missing out and the herd mentality. :rolleyes:

Today I ate feckin’ porridge for lunch. I need groceries but I’m going to wait it out. Tis grand. Porridge and noodles and pasta will do just fine until tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Anyone got a link to the briefing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

27 new cases

3 in intensive care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

There's our big jump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Yes the reasons are obvious.
    But I and other people didn't pay. Dublin bus offering some sort of choice to drivers? Or something...

Yeah i guess so, makes sense though. Without providing accommodations or precautions for their staff they may well be short of drivers. Particularly those with reasons to be more concerned about the risk to then or their family members.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Dickheads with facemasks... Someone walking around town with a face mask on his chin. Finish his fag and no doubt back to cover his nose... Waste of a mask.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

So 70 now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

oh crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

New Home wrote: »
    I know, I posted some articles about it before.

The brackets are my comments, as opposed to the official data provided.

As for the age group, up to last week people were saying "It's fine, it only/mostly affects those over 80". Big difference between over 80s and over 68s. Same for people with pre-existing conditions.

No, immune system-wise, late 60s onwards is elderly. Immune system efficacy drops off with age.

Amirani wrote: »
    That supports the previous evidence that most fatalities are old and/or have comorbidities.

They've also largely stopped treating those over 60 in ICU beds to concentrate the available resources on saving younger patients. This will skew the death rate to the over 60s even more. Very sad.

27 new cases

We're fcuked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

That's a huge jump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

27 new cases .. wow that’s a jump

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Here’s the start of the jumps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That’s why schools closed today and weren’t push till tomorrow. They knew the doubling was coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

27 new cases bringing total to 70

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Board crash in 5,4,3,2,1....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Lord TSC wrote: »
    That’s why schools closed today and weren’t push till tomorrow. They knew the doubling was coming.

Yes, they said there would be a huge jump today and that's why they closed the schools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭spookwoman

thats the numbers up to midday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

No, immune system-wise, late 60s onwards is elderly. Immune system efficacy drops off with age.

I understand that, but up to a few days ago lots of people were saying "Ah well, Italy has a rake of old people over 80, that's why the death rate is so high". At 68 you'd be barely starting to enjoy your pension, lots of people would still be working.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement