Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,287 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

We reacted far too late with any real measures such as we saw today, we let Italian flights come in unimpeded and god knows how many idiots are returning from cheltenham everyday this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

wakka12 wrote: »
    No, Denmark is same size and has had about 450 cases in the last 48 hours. Ireland has been growing the most slowly out of all west european countries

On a per capita basis we are growing a lot faster than the UK and had more cases before these 27.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Dr. Tony must be chuffed.

He got the spread he wanted.

Wonder if he still wants it in nursing homes?

And wait till those Cheltenham inbreds are imported back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

flynnlives wrote: »
    27 new cases is a massive systems failure.

Its clear that contact tracing has failed.

Thats not necessarily true. Sweden has had nearly 500 cases very recently and claims at least to have no ongoing significant community spread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,147 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

What the actual ****!

27 cases!

Is that the largest per capita jump of any european country?

More testing done.
    Just proves that there’s lots of it out there. Loads of people who don’t know they have it yet. Will only get worse as the days and weeks go by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭moeblogs

A few minutes ago...don't think i'll chance it..
    505368.jpg:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

pjohnson wrote: »
    Dr. Tony must be chuffed.

He got the spread he wanted.

Give over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,323 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Lack of action on community transmission more like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

Flyefit gyms just sent a text around. Closing all gyms today as of 6pm and will not reopen until 30th March and or latest word from the government.

Ben Dunne gyms announced similar closure earlier in the afternoon.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Contact tracing wasn't supposed to stop new cases. Have you not read anything over the past week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Updated sheet
    5fONsMPl.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭jackboy

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Nothing is going to reopen on the 29th March.

Not with this half ass shutdown anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Horse.

Bolted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,323 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

feelbad222 wrote: »
    This morning I had a business meeting at the Shelbourne and got the DART from Malahide to Pearse. I walked from there to the Shelbourne and had the meeting. I then went to the bathroom and sanitised my hands before walking back to Pearse and getting the DART back to Malahide. I then got on a bus to my house in Swords.

Over the last few hours since I got in I have started feeling unwell, I feel very cold as if I was coming down with a common cold, I now have a fever. There was a woman coughing in the DART back to Malahide and I only washed my hands in the Shelbourne.

What should I do?

Ring your GP. Don't go out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

feelbad222 wrote: »

Over the last few hours since I got in I have started feeling unwell, I feel very cold as if I was coming down with a common cold, I now have a fever. There was a woman coughing in the DART back to Malahide and I only washed my hands in the Shelbourne.

What should I do?

Fly to the U.S.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

glasso wrote: »
    get a life.

I put the warning out on Tuesday. This government is shameful. I had the numbers given to me and they weren’t disclosed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

"We surrender"

505367.jpg

Might be a little too dark for some.

On a per capita basis we are growing a lot faster than the UK and had more cases before these 27.

Yeah, UK do seem to be a bit slower growing than us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,238 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Flyefit gyms just sent a text around. Closing all gyms today as of 6pm and will not reopen until 30th March and or latest word from the government.

Ben Dunne too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    So the Uk basically contradicted what we did today re closing schools saying it’s too soon and that people will be fatigued by the time it’s really necessary

Big gob McDonald called for everything to be closed.

Once one of the opposition leaders came out with this things had to close. Or every death would be blame on Varadkar/FG.

We have ****ed up big time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Lads we’re going to be italy in a few weeks aren’t we

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Fly to the U.S.

Or Cheltenham.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Yep

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Is it too early for the rate of population getting infected to the point of being recorded?

Take China -1.4 billion and 80000 infected

Italy to date 60 million and 15000 infections which if I did the maths right is about 0.025% of the overall population infected with about 1000 dead?

Or am I thinking incorrectly here that it seems the rate of infection per head of population is low ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭jos28

VinLieger wrote: »
    We reacted far too late with any real measures such as we saw today, we let Italian flights come in unimpeded and god knows how many idiots are returning from cheltenham everyday this week

Spot on there, dozens of kids came home from school mid-term trips last month and were allowed straight back to school without a thought. My niece was one of them and the HSE told the school there was no problem letting them straight back to class.:confused: Direct action should have been taken last month and we might be in a different situation today.
    Apparently there is supposed to be an announcement later this evening about Cheltenham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Doubt we'll get the sun tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Brazil’s President Bolsonaro tested positive for coronavirus!

I bet Trump has it.

We've implemented containment measures at far lower levels of community transmission than Italy. So hopefully this will have an impact on outcomes.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

wadacrack wrote: »
    self isolate and get tested

You wont be able to get tested unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Well mainland Europe certainly will. Been tens of thousands of cases continent wide in the last 72 hours

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement