Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

I seriously wish there was an actual News Bulletin 'advising' people to go about their normal shopping routines,.the evidence is out there that bulk/panic buying is a HUGE mistake and helps in no way... Supplies and infrastructure are what matters most now.
    Ohhhh and the mental well-being of the poor cashiers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Dr Holohan on RTE looks bolloxed

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

rdwight wrote: »
    Well it's too late to cancel it. Shooting the gobsh*tes who went as they get off the plane is probably a bit harsh.

How about we make them wear a t-shirt "Cheltenham 2020 - I was there" so we can avoid/abuse them?

Self isolation until they are all tested would be my preference.

Same for anyone coming back in at this point tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

Acosta wrote: »
    Still many people out there not taking this seriously enough that could do with it being spelt out to them how bad it is in their area. After the announcements today and the strong words the last few days from government, people being informed how bad it is in particular areas isn't going to cause people to panic anymore than they already are.

I live in Cork, my family lives in Cork. I want to know how bloody bad it is!

Cork is ****ed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Irish Government took the right approach today.

I just feel most Irish people are too thick to stay away from each other.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Jesus christ this plonker should be strung up

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0312/1121915-hoax-covid-19-aer-lingus/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

How many of cases are now in hospital / need hospital attention?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Dr Holohan on RTE looks bolloxed

I'd say he's run off his feet and stressed

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

How many if any have we had recovered from this in Ireland?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

So 90 infected cases confirmed today

With a quadrupling of cases each week

March 19 -360
    March 26 - 1440

That's two weeks from now and hopefully today's measures slow it

20% needing hospitalization would be 288 in two weeks and 25% of those needing critical care which is 80 ICU beds

I think if people heed the measures we might cope with this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

titan18 wrote: »
    How far are people taking the lockdown? Don't get haircuts? Don't go for walks? Dont go into shops unless necessary?
    I'd do all of those no worries.
    Maybe not a rammed shop.

I have a dog so gotta walk a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Irish Government took the right approach today.

I just feel most Irish people are too thick to stay away from each other.
    Yeah telling people to stay away from large crowds and what does everyone do... all go to supermarkets at once and Q for two hours with dozens of others for a few packs of jacks roll
    :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

martin101 wrote: »
    How many if any have we had recovered from this in Ireland?

1 so far

Recovery takes at least a few weeks for most

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

Flights need to be restricted to Irish passport holders only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

This is mad. And the ante is just going to keep increasing day in day out. I’m trying not to panic but I have this weird energy inside me all day, like I should be doing something. Can’t explain it but I know others will know the feeling. Where will it all end up. Will be sitting on mh hole now for the foreseeable like it or lump it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,775 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

flynnlives wrote: »
    Should have stopped flights last week.

easier said than done.

1. The majority of the cases brought into the country have been from Irish nationals - do you tell them that they are not allowed back into the country? Even Trump hasn't done that.

2. If you want to get to Ireland and the Airports are closed - fly to Belfast and cross the border that way - very little government can do about that.

3. How long do you stop the flights for? lets say you close them for a month, and no one in Ireland has the virus, but the rest of the EU still fighting it - what then - just keep the airports closed so that the virus doesn't get it - at what stage do you let them in? Vietnam basically did this - new people flying in to country re-introduced the virus.

Finally why is it constantly left to the government - why don't people take responsibility for their actions - why do we have thousands going to Cheltenham and not give two hoots about society

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

whiskeyman wrote: »
    How many of cases are now in hospital / need hospital attention?

I think 5 in a serious/critical condition

Stheno wrote: »
    1 so far

Recovery takes at least a few weeks for most

Do those recovering have to be in hospideals until.they recover??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

March 19 -360
    March 26 - 1440

20% needing hospitalization would be 288 in two weeks and 25% of those needing critical care which is 80 ICU beds

I think if people need the measures we might cope with this

As long as people stay away from each other and only go out when it’s needed we would be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

March 19 -360
    March 26 - 1440

I think if people need the measures we might cope with this

The health system doesnt have the capacity even for those numbers.

Weve only 255 icu beds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Cork is ****ed.

Add waterford and Clare / limerick. Those initial cases are probably excus the phrase, typhoid mary's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

flynnlives wrote: »
    All flights need to be stopped.
    Only irish people should be allowed home.

Slovakia and czech republic have closed their borders.

Tourism is an important part of Irish GDP and of the Ireland Brand.
    Such a decision will not be taken lightly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

This is mad. And the ante is just going to keep increasing day in day out. I’m trying not to panic but I have this weird energy inside me all day, like I should be doing something. Can’t explain it but I know others will know the feeling. Where will it all end up. Will be sitting on mh hole now for the foreseeable like it or lump it
    Flights too and from where? How do we know these people don't have it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,701 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Jesus christ this plonker should be strung up

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0312/1121915-hoax-covid-19-aer-lingus/

jesus, no messing around there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,879 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Dr Holohan also said at the press conference that in effect school closures are open ended.

Could be closed well beyond the end of March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Watching Six:One News here and the sports anchor is giving a somber preview of how all sport here is going to be affected then the next shot is a jovial fat c*nt at Cheltenham and the anchor's voice picks up :pac:

Why does RTE and other media keep banging on about restaurants suffering financially because of the virus? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭timhenn

I think we need to track down anyone who has this virus and shoot them. It's the only way to end this. The virus dies with them. I seen it in a movie and they were all happy at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

jesus, no messing around there...

And rightfully so!

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Maybe I'm overreacting but old friends organising a night out Saturday night for drinks. Said I wouldn't risk it and I've got a day of stick. For me if I can minimize the risk as much as possible I will.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement