Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Last I checked anyone from the EU is entitled to live and work in Ireland...

EU citizens can be rejected in the interest of national security.
    It's written into EU law.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Ireland - 27th February Zero cases here in the ROI.

On the 1st of March 2020 the1st case of Covid-19 was recorded here in Ireland (ROI) by the HSE.

Trajectory from 1st of March . . . .

1, 6, 13, 19, 21, 24, 34, (43 ), (70), (. .) . . .

70 cases recorded as of today, Thursday 12th March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

China flying medics, plasma from recovered from the virus and other supplies to Italy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 haydoyo

In the US and working from home for the forseeable future until it blows over.

Just bought a heap of meat for the freezer and feezer bags along with Frozen wedges, Pasta and sauces, Frozen Veg, Knorr Pasta meals and other stuff for the freezer and a few crates of beer and two ounces of weed which i havn't smoke in 10 years.

Stay safe people

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭dublin99

Hurrache wrote: »
    They have a massive distribution centre, there's no issues yet.

There is every possibility that with the spreading trend, there will be a cluster associated with a supply chain eg a distribution centre/warehouse with workers/truck drivers infected and the place has to shut down.... what will happen then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

flynnlives wrote: »
    I thought earlier that we were being proactive but alas i was wrong.

We are being reactive. We could have acted last weekend but didnt cause of the poxy economy.

15,000 from cheltenham to come home too as well as all the italian rugby supporters.

Tony wanted to wait sure he lectured nursing homes for getting off thier asses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Tourists have no where to go! Neither will anyone travelling from ireland other countries closing cultural sites etc.
    I agree with you, but tell that to Tourism Ireland, the Hotel Association and so on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,918 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Dr Holohan also said at the press conference that in effect school closures are open ended.

Could be closed well beyond the end of March.

That's a given really with more restrictions to come I imagine.

2 weeks is just getting us used to it and trying not to cause complete panic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

My advice is get online tonight and check the opening times of shops near you,some bound to open at 7am, get there opening time in the morning and get some supplies, in and out in 10 minutes, this alone with take one worry of your mind, If you have to work, go in late, tell him the alarm did not go off.

You have to take responsibility for yourself, if the SHTF as bad as we fear, it will be a hard few months ahead for us all, try make it as easy as possible.
    The best that can happen is you can stay at home safe during a lock down, the worst is you have plenty of long life food that you will eat in the coming year, in other word there is no down side to getting in some supplies

That was me today, I had to get veggie stuff which sold out everywhere, was in and out in 15 minutes and it was at around 11.15am so just as the announcement was made. I used the self service desk to minimise any other exposure.

Luckily had done a big shop yesterday. Will be hitting up my local Maxol for milk and bread when needed so as to avoid the large shops. And doing either a late night or early morning shop for other things like fresh veg and fruit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

I have an idea of the numbers coming tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Are many people still going into their office because their company won't yet let them work from home, despite having the capabilities to do so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭All in all

Go on..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Yurt! wrote: »
    Turkey is an odd one; they have a huge diaspora that is well-connected with the home country and are relatively wealthy considering the region. Istanbul is also a very densely populated mega-city perfect for mass community transmission. I would have thought they'd be riddled by now.
    Aren't they testing everyone's temperature at point of entry to the country?

Jesus christ this plonker should be strung up
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0312/1121915-hoax-covid-19-aer-lingus/
    On his way to propose to his girlfriend. Hopefully she dumped him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

Omackeral wrote: »
    Watching Six:One News here and the sports anchor is giving a somber preview of how all sport here is going to be affected then the next shot is a jovial fat c*nt at Cheltenham and the anchor's voice picks up :pac:

F**king laughable horse$hit. "Willie Mullins prime filly has joined the pantheon of greats" WTF 'Pantheon of greats'?? they are f**king horses like, how many 'Pantheon of great donkeys' are remembered from the Circus Maximus back when it was up and running and the jockey's there were leathering the arse out of those horses.

Why this horse racing bull$hit is so raised up on a pedestal in this country only f**k knows.

Let the 20,000 that went over there last week go stay in Willie Mullins sheds next week for the next month. Pantheon of f**king mongs

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭trashcan

tuxy wrote: »

Yup, security and public health.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

tuxy wrote: »

So if someone living and working here from the EU was away on a holiday with an Irish passport holder, we only let one of them back in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

hairyslug wrote: »
    27 new cases

3 in intensive care

Judging by this blokes study that means there is probably 1,500 to 2,000 unconfirmed cases around the country. The 70 representing what the authorities know in the red section and the figures they don't know in the grey section.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,701 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

i think we all have an idea... one or two, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Anyone still in doubt would have got a bit of a sharp sobering up, after the uk's statement earlier.

They really didn't waltz around the figures, BoJo cut to the chase in an unusual straight talking manner.

VinLieger wrote: »
    Because business will close and people will lose their jobs

Not just Restaurants though, there are many other services, businesses, self employed, going to take a hit. It seems the restaurant lobby are mobilising to be first in line for hand outs from the government. Vintners won't be far behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,358 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The panic over food supplies is going to make this situation worse. People stockpiling while others who can't afford to go short. Very selfish.

Plus too many people on top of each other in Supermarkets

Confirmed case in Bantry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,879 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Oh for God sake just spit it out.

Seriously stop with this pm sh!te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,918 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

ixoy wrote: »
    Are many people still going into their office because their company won't yet let them work from home, despite having the capabilities to do so?

I can and already do regularly WFH. Did so today and will again tomorrow...

And next week...

And the week after...

But I'm very lucky that I have a job that I can do pretty much from anywhere if I have a phone, laptop and internet. Not everyone has that option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

dublin99 wrote: »
    There is every possibility that with the spreading trend, there will be a cluster associated with a supply chain eg a distribution centre/warehouse with workers/truck drivers infected and the place has to shut down.... what will happen then?

It can't happen like that.
    The truck drivers don't even come into contact with the distribution centre workers in most places.
    Intercom at the gate,keys paperwork in a letter box on the loading bay,wait for your green light and you're loaded then grab your keys and paperwork and away you go.
    Also there isn't just 1 or 2 haulers operating in the centres there is 100s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭All in all

Yes, going to have discussion tomorrow. Willing to do limited time in office. But pregnant wife and school going kids so somethings gotta give.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 haydoyo

Wonder would a forum in work and jobs be good for this?

Got the go ahead today to work from home for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

I have a feeling in my waters too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,004 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

This is mad. And the ante is just going to keep increasing day in day out. I’m trying not to panic but I have this weird energy inside me all day, like I should be doing something. Can’t explain it but I know others will know the feeling. Where will it all end up. Will be sitting on mh hole now for the foreseeable like it or lump it

The shops will be restocked. There is no issue with supply.

There’ll probably be another “run” tomorrow, unfortunately you can’t legislate for stupidity. If you need anything urgently you can join in the “fun” or else wait a day when the shelves are full again.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

My advice is get online tonight and check the opening times of shops near you,some bound to open at 7am, get there opening time in the morning and get some supplies, in and out in 10 minutes, this alone with take one worry of your mind, If you have to work, go in late, tell him the alarm did not go off.

You have to take responsibility for yourself, if the SHTF as bad as we fear, it will be a hard few months ahead for us all, try make it as easy as possible.
    The best that can happen is you can stay at home safe during a lock down, the worst is you have plenty of long life food that you will eat in the coming year, in other word there is no down side to getting in some supplies

I'd imagine everyone else has the same idea. Not trying to knock it or anything. Woman in work went to her local tesco this morning before work and car park was packed with people waiting for it to open, lining up with trolleys. All she wanted was a coffee so she just left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭dublin99

Hong Kong gave full detail on the age of each case, gender, the building of origin etc. Currently they have less active cases than we do. Of course, there's also a cultural acceptance to wear masks in public which helps.

They also impose 14 days quarantine requirement for any visitors from infected countries, now including Italy, parts of France and Germany.

A friend messaged me from Hong Kong asd asked if she should send me some masks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement