Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,358 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ixoy wrote: »
    Are many people still going into their office because their company won't yet let them work from home, despite having the capabilities to do so?

Three network a disaster today, not sure if it back on track now so I can work from home

• Registered Users Posts: 14 seanboylan87

flynnlives wrote: »
    Flights need to be restricted to Irish passport holders only.

We handed too many out like confetti though. The passport holder must also be genetically Irish, i.e. in someway related to Brian Ború.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The shops will be restocked. There is no issue with supply.

There’ll probably be another “run” tomorrow, unfortunately you can’t legislate for stupidity. If you need anything urgently you can join in the “fun” or else wait a day when the shelves are full again.

Emmett I haven’t even got the messages in for this weekend never mind two months time

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mick987

namloc1980 wrote: »
    London stock exchange absolutely tanked today. UK government response is not instilling much confidence. Worst day since Black Monday in 1987. Worse than the 2008 financial crisis.
    Stock market was closed when they made the speech, not sure how the speech had any affect at all on the market

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

dublin99 wrote: »

They also impose 14 days quarantine requirement for any visitors from infected countries, now including Italy, parts of France and Germany.

A friend messaged me from Hong Kong asd asked if she should send me some masks!

Lord take a month to get here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Macron
    -starts thanking doctors and nurses
    -France have the best experts and the Gov has been following their advice
    -Gov's first priority is to protect the most vulnerable and then to slow down the flow of patients to the hospitals
    First measure:

-He asks the elderly and those with pathologies to stay at home as much as possible

• Site Banned Posts: 33 Doctor Shipman

The shops will be mobbed every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

This is the most up to date page on ireland's outbreak. it's updated almost instantly and you even have an idea of geographical spread.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_the_Republic_of_Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

I have an idea of the numbers coming tomorrow
    When the UK's chief medical officers announce today they think they 'likely' have upto 10,000 currently (offically 600).

You can 'likely' multiply, by a factor of x15 the offical line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

dublin99 wrote: »
    There is every possibility that with the spreading trend, there will be a cluster associated with a supply chain eg a distribution centre/warehouse with workers/truck drivers infected and the place has to shut down.... what will happen then?

They disinfect the place, get new workers and carry on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Anyone returning from Cheltenham needs to be ****ed in the sea for idiocy.

For a bit of perspective. Cheltenham isn't a hotbed of the virus, it's no different to here.

So how many thousands of people are traveling together on Dublin bus every day here? And we're all too familiar with being on the bus and not being able to even see the stop outside because of the condensation on the windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

ixoy wrote: »
    Are many people still going into their office because their company won't yet let them work from home, despite having the capabilities to do so?
    Yep. Most actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,702 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

We handed too many out like confetti though. The passport holder must also be genetically Irish, i.e. in someway related to Brian Ború.

www.irishcentral.com/roots/queen-elizabeth-brian-boru

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Cork's 96fm saying that 6 cases out of the 67 (im guessing its 67 given two deaths and one recovery) are in intensive care.
    https://twitter.com/Corks96FM/status/1238179628646359042?s=20

Macron:
    from Monday: closure of all creches, schools and universities

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

neonsofa wrote: »
    I'd imagine everyone else has the same idea. Not trying to knock it or anything. Woman in work went to her local tesco this morning before work and car park was packed with people waiting for it to open, lining up with trolleys. All she wanted was a coffee so she just left.

Why didn't she just walk in and get her coffee while everyone else was filling their trolleys.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

All in all wrote: »
    Go on..

They'll be larger than today!

You give sound advice around here and you are this person

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,451 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

My advice is get online tonight and check the opening times of shops near you,some bound to open at 7am, get there opening time in the morning and get some supplies, in and out in 10 minutes, this alone with take one worry of your mind, If you have to work, go in late, tell him the alarm did not go off.

You have to take responsibility for yourself, if the SHTF as bad as we fear, it will be a hard few months ahead for us all, try make it as easy as possible.
    The best that can happen is you can stay at home safe during a lock down, the worst is you have plenty of long life food that you will eat in the coming year, in other word there is no down side to getting in some supplies

There is no lockdown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

I have an idea of the numbers coming tomorrow

What kind of sad lives do some people live that they get off on this kind iof ****? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Also, Tesco Ballybrack closed. Place was mental apparently

Tescovid...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

For a bit of perspective. Cheltenham isn't a hotbed of the virus, it's no different to here.

So how many thousands of people are traveling together on Dublin bus every day here? And we're all too familiar with being on the bus and not being able to even see the stop outside because of the condensation on the windows.

The people traveling on the bus are mostly from the same area and you are talking 60 passengers max.
    There’s average 70-80 thousand a day attending cheltenham from all over the world and there was a confirmed case in cheltenham on Monday.
    Huge difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,323 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

mick987 wrote: »
    Stock market was closed when they made the speech, not sure how the speech had any affect at all on the market

Overall response not just the speech. FTSE futures are tanking too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

When the UK's chief medical officers announce today they think they 'likely' have upto 10,000 currently (offically 600).

You can 'likely' multiply, by a factor of x15 the offical line.

X15 is accurate

again Macron:
    -Companies should maximise home working
    - public transport will not be stopped
    - med students and retired doctors will be drafted in
    - elective and non essential med procedures to be postoponed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,323 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

otnomart wrote: »
    Macron:
    from Monday: closure of all creches, schools and universities

But Boris said that's not needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,702 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Please sign this petition imploring the government to tighten up travel from USUK to EU or we are going to have an enormous number of imported cases.
    https://www.change.org

many bites yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

still very few unknown origin cases 5 in total

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

martin101 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm overreacting but old friends organising a night out Saturday night for drinks. Said I wouldn't risk it and I've got a day of stick. For me if I can minimize the risk as much as possible I will.
    Fair play to you for doing what's right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Dream on,no one is going to go work in a place confirmed to have a case of a killer virus for €10 a hour.
    The five stages, denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance are a part of the framework that makes up our learning to live with what we lost.
    Some posters are in the bargaining stage, they lost their golden opportunity to prepare for this once in a lifetime event.
    The next few weeks could have been so much easier for them if they only paid attention, and this fact is now eating them alive.

Do you reckon with the 27 new confirmed cases today there is 27 business closing down?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

They'll be larger than today!

You give sound advice around here and you are this person

giphy.gif

So what’s the number?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement