Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

So what’s the number?

I have learned from that mistake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Dream on,no one is going to go work in a place confirmed to have a case of a killer virus for €10 a hour.
    The five stages, denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance are a part of the framework that makes up our learning to live with what we lost.
    Some posters are in the bargaining stage, they lost their golden opportunity to prepare for this once in a lifetime event.
    The next few weeks could have been so much easier for them if they only paid attention, and this fact is now eating them alive.

Just give over...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

flynnlives wrote: »
    I thought earlier that we were being proactive but alas i was wrong.

We are being reactive. We could have acted last weekend but didnt cause of the poxy economy.

15,000 from cheltenham to come home too as well as all the italian rugby supporters.

Of course they have to factor in the economy but not the way you put it. What do you think supports the health system etc., this is long term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,004 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Emmett I haven’t even got the messages in for this weekend never mind two months time

Head down to the shops early tomorrow, there could still be some, residue, “panic” but hopefully if you’re there early enough the masses won’t be out of bed.

Two months? That’s a lot of pasta and condensed milk.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Dream on,no one is going to go work in a place confirmed to have a case of a killer virus for €10 a hour.
    The five stages, denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance are a part of the framework that makes up our learning to live with what we lost.
    Some posters are in the bargaining stage, they lost their golden opportunity to prepare for this once in a lifetime event.
    The next few weeks could have been so much easier for them if they only paid attention, and this fact is now eating them alive.

Carry on in your apocalypse nightmare then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

So what’s the number?

30-50

Denmarks data.

1 (n.a.)
    2020-02-28 ​ 2 (+100%)
    2020-02-29 ​ 3 (+50%)
    2020-03-01 ​ 4 (+33%)
    2020-03-02 ​ 4 (=)
    2020-03-03 ​ 10 (+150%)
    2020-03-04 ​ 15 (+50%)
    2020-03-05 ​​ 20 (+33%)
    2020-03-06 ​​ 23 (+15%)
    2020-03-07 ​​ 29 (+26%) today ireland 27
    2020-03-08 ​​ 37 (+28%) tomorrow? 30-50?

2020-03-09 ​​ 92 (+149%)
    2020-03-10 ​​ 264 (+185%)
    2020-03-11 ​​ 516 (+95%)
    2020-03-12 ​​ 676

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

For a bit of perspective. Cheltenham isn't a hotbed of the virus, it's no different to here.

So how many thousands of people are traveling together on Dublin bus every day here? And we're all too familiar with being on the bus and not being able to even see the stop outside because of the condensation on the windows.

Cheltenham is a f**king drunken gambling festival man. We have one drunk festival already in this country and we shut it down. You think after a heap of pints and lost bets over there every day, the vast majority of the f**king idiots who just line the pockets of bookies over there are going to be washing their hands every hour? If you think there is going to be no problem when these pisswallet's come back next week you are in for some shock, or else you can let a few of them stay in your gaff, for a bit of perspective like.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,605 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

many bites yet?

At least he's trying to hide it now by reposting tweets ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

namloc1980 wrote: »
    But Boris said that's not needed.

The policies of Boris and Macron don't matter to Ireland. Our leader is gone on the razzle dazzle in the US of A.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,779 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When I was in Supervalu Today. It was busier than normal for a Thursday and people were buying a good bit.
    The owner of it was standing around and you could see his face light up with the extra people!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Unless you shut down everything there is no point in closing schools. If anything there are going drag on the misery longer for people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

I have learned from that mistake
    I have an idea of the numbers coming tomorrow

Ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tomrota

still very few unknown origin cases 5 in total
    Cause they’re not testing people who haven’t been to Italy or China.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Unless you shut down everything there is no point in closing schools. If anything there are going drag on the misery longer for people.

Psychologically, I'm happier knowing where my kids are and am keeping them safe under my roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Downlinz

I'll never understand the "do everything or do nothing" people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,713 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

What difference does it make for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Father is not one for over reacting or panic but tonight he's preparing for tomorrow when he does the shopping and post office. Snood because he has a cough from acid reflux, gloves and a wet cloth in the car soaked in jeys fluid. 70's and knows he's in that group.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Thankfully Leo and Co have the EU CDC advise to follow.

I sincerely hope Leo believes in his words this morning because we are going to need to do a lot more very soon.

This is just the start but I am thankful we've at least started.

The UK are truly fcuked listening to Boris today.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Local Irish swanky cockroach selling masks on Henry at Dublin at 5 PM today. Pure vermin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,059 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

froog wrote: »
    This is the most up to date page on ireland's outbreak. it's updated almost instantly and you even have an idea of geographical spread.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_the_Republic_of_Ireland

A wikipedia page that can be updated by anyone with anything. might give a rough estimate but god do not believe in it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Ok.

I have given them to posters who i can trust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Will probably show that those initial carriers are responsible for alot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I'm ok with the govt. not breaking down locations. The public have shown themselves to be panicked as it is with the behaviour today. No point in adding to it is some locations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

niallo27 wrote: »
    Why didn't she just walk in and get her coffee while everyone else was filling their trolleys.

You'd have to ask her that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

When I was in Supervalu Today. It was busier than normal for a Thursday and people were buying a good bit.
    The owner of it was standing around and you could see his face light up with the extra people!
    Lidl in Smithfield and Tesco in Parnell St were heaving. Think Tesco closed for a bit. Lots of empty shelves in both. Clare Hall I heard was end of the world stuff! Bread was only casualty in my local Centra, but not rolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,059 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Cork's 96fm saying that 6 cases out of the 67 (im guessing its 67 given two deaths and one recovery) are in intensive care.
    https://twitter.com/Corks96FM/status/1238179628646359042?s=20

2 deaths??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

For a bit of perspective. Cheltenham isn't a hotbed of the virus, it's no different to here.

So how many thousands of people are traveling together on Dublin bus every day here? And we're all too familiar with being on the bus and not being able to even see the stop outside because of the condensation on the windows.

Most of them are going to work. Which is a tiny bit more essential than watching horses run around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

I have given them to posters who i can trust

Where are you getting your numbers from?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement