Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Unless you shut down everything there is no point in closing schools. If anything there are going drag on the misery longer for people.

Not true, kids staying at home will make a huge difference. Think of the numbers now confined to their home and they'll only love it as well.

These decisions are made off the back of consultation with real experts of this field, we don't know more than them, even though we all like to think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,262 ✭✭✭threeball

The Cheltenham crowd are a fcuking disgrace but totally true to form for the crowd involved in that sport. As selfish as you could get. There'll be a massive spike here next week due to the boozed up baboons returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Cork's 96fm saying that 6 cases out of the 67 (im guessing its 67 given two deaths and one recovery) are in intensive care.
    https://twitter.com/Corks96FM/status/1238179628646359042?s=20

6 out of 70 cases in ICU. pretty bang in line with Italy's doctors warnings (10%).

does not bode well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I have given them to posters who i can trust

Oh give over James Bond.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

is_that_so wrote: »
    Lidl in Smithfield and Tesco in Parnell St were heaving. Think Tesco closed for a bit. Lots of empty shelves in both. Clare Hall I heard was end of the world stuff! Bread was only casualty in my local Centra, but not rolls.

Cool how **** would it be just sitting in your house with only bread to eat..... morons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Downlinz wrote: »
    I'll never understand the "do everything or do nothing" people.
    It's a comfort blankie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭ax530

Now that events, school ect cancelled and people social distancing everywhere do not need location of cases act like it near you and do best to restrict spread
    I'm happy to stay at home with my family. Parents pick kids up a lot so hopefully they will be safer not having to be around them and the school germs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Tomrota wrote: »
    Cause they’re not testing people who haven’t been to Italy or China.
    Don't think that's true it's been expanded to include people with underlying conditions for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Stheno wrote: »
    So 90 infected cases confirmed today

With a quadrupling of cases each week

March 19 -360
    March 26 - 1440

That's two weeks from now and hopefully today's measures slow it

20% needing hospitalization would be 288 in two weeks and 25% of those needing critical care which is 80 ICU beds

I think if people heed the measures we might cope with this

The increase between yesterday and today was 62%

Hopefully that's an anomaly because if that rate keeps up, you're looking at 6,000 cases by the end of next week and ICU beds already totally exhausted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Oh give over James Bond.

Piss off. I have tried to help people on here and got nothing but abuse. So watch RTE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,881 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Piss off. I have tried to help people on here and got nothing but abuse. So watch RTE

Is it 42?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭spookwoman

2 deaths??

Yep another person died this time in cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

There should now be a national marketing campaign on TV, Radio, YouTube adverts, billboards and the sides of busses, junk mail with a simple message,

STAY THE FCUK AWAY FROM EACH OTHER AND KEEP YOUR HYGIENE STANDARDS HIGH!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Most of them are going to work. Which is a tiny bit more essential than watching horses run around

If one of the horses had got it ......

St Patrick's day = the vintners/ drinks industry
    Cheltenham = horse racing industry.

Don't fcuk with the 2 main sponsors of Irish politicians

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Empty_Space

Why are death rates so high in italy?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

I have a letter the army was sent about being ready for action. Has it already been posted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

neonsofa wrote: »
    I'd imagine everyone else has the same idea. Not trying to knock it or anything. Woman in work went to her local tesco this morning before work and car park was packed with people waiting for it to open, lining up with trolleys. All she wanted was a coffee so she just left.

I think I would knock it tbh as poster is a troll trying to stoke panic buying probably for malicious amusement because he believes himself "prepared". It's pretty scummy IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fics

Friend of mine was pulled back in Tesco over a pack of eggs.

We've lost the run of ourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I see you do charm in equivalent measure to super sleuthing :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

spookwoman wrote: »
    Yep another person died this time in cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

600 more cases in France and 13 deaths.
    France will close all schools on monday
    Ohio USA has closed all schools

Locations of cases should not be disclosed. People have proven today that they will only panic more the more they know.

The anticipation will be worse than the mild illness you might get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Mr.S wrote: »
    Jesus passed by a couple of Tesco’s / Lidl’s / SuperValu’s and all jammers.

Is he turning what's left of the bread loafs and fishes fingers that are left into mass supplies for all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

fly_agaric wrote: »
    I think I would knock it tbh as poster is a troll trying to stoke panic buying probably for malicious amusement because he believes himself "prepared". It's pretty scummy IMO.

Oh sorry!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Italy has cases and deaths every single day. This will be us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Germany has updated it's total cases for the day from 530 to 780.

Now almost 24,000 cases in Italy, Spain, France and Germany alone. At least 26000 or 27000 in Europe overall

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Not true, kids staying at home will make a huge difference. Think of the numbers now confined to their home and they'll only love it as well.

These decisions are made off the back of consultation with real experts of this field, we don't know more than them, even though we all like to think so.

Won’t make much difference
    70% of them will roam the streets anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

Locations of cases should not be disclosed. People have proven today that they will only panic more the more they know.

The anticipation will be worse than the mild illness you might get.

This. Plus people should be taking on board the advice given and practising it regardless of where you are based.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

OK Macron has now finished his address and there are no significant measures adopted in France, with the exception of:
    school closure from next Monday and inviting the elderly and those with pathologies to stay home.
    That with 2900 cases and 61 victims.
    I can not see how these watered down measures can possibly flatten the curve.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement