Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭circadian

Piss off. I have tried to help people on here and got nothing but abuse. So watch RTE

Away back to Facebook with your attention seeking.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

Thankfully Leo and Co have the EU CDC advise to follow.

I sincerely hope Leo believes in his words this morning because we are going to need to do a lot more very soon.

This is just the start but I am thankful we've at least started.

The UK are truly fcuked listening to Boris today.

At the end of the day Boris is a highly educated leader of one of the world’s major nations and you are a keyboard loon who probably works the dullest job of all time.

How dat feel?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fics

Business as usual was the message in work today despite the government's recommendations.

At least I'll be able to leave the house later then usual roads should be fairly quiet (I hope).

A busy commuter bus from Dublin to Meath had three people on it at 18:30 that's unheard of.

Anyone else notice any big changes apart from the carnage in shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Empty_Space

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    Won’t make much difference
    70% of them will roam the streets anyways

Sigh, this kind of logic makes me sad.
    Such resentful bitterness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Zenify wrote: »
    I have a letter the army was sent about being ready for action. Has it already been posted?

An image or hard copy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,881 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

2020-03-12%20%282%29.png?itok=T3V4vnIJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Zenify wrote: »
    I have a letter the army was sent about being ready for action. Has it already been posted?
    Yes it was posted
    to soldiers

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Empty_Space

Fics wrote: »
    Business as usual was the message in work today despite the government's recommendations.

At least I'll be able to leave the house later then usual roads should be fairly quiet (I hope).

A busy commuter bus from Dublin to Meath had three people on it at 18:30 that's unheard of.

Anyone else notice any big changes apart from the carnage in shops?

Massive changes. Massive numbers will work from home tomorrow.
    Most businesses will take significant hits in coming weeks. I expect layouts accros the country soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Seems it doesn't matter how many times people are told not to stockpile (by the media and retailers through social media) people are still doing it.

Gym chains (Ben Dunne and Flyfit) emailing saying they are closed until 29/3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭bloopy

Some odd looking van/ambulance thing and two army vehicles passed through Thomastown, Kilkenny about 15 minutes ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,059 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Local Irish swanky cockroach selling masks on Henry at Dublin at 5 PM today. Pure vermin

Probably not sterile either I bet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

circadian wrote: »
    Away back to Facebook with your attention seeking.

Really?

I said things earlier in the week trying to help/prepare people with a reliable source and because this is boards everyone is mad/attention seeking

Why do i bother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭screamer

Massive changes. Massive numbers will work from home tomorrow.
    Most businesses will take significant hits in coming weeks. I expect layouts accros the country soon.

Better be laid off than laid out.
    We’ll adapt and we’ll get through it somehow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

Went out for a few pints last night. Small pub in city centre. Absolutely hopping for a Wednesday night.

Seems a lot of people are loading up on bread, biscuits and factory farmed chicken. Gowls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

otnomart wrote: »
    OK Macron has now finished his address and there are no significant measures adopted in France, with the exception of:
    school closure from next Monday and inviting the elderly and those with pathologies to stay home.
    That with 2900 cases and 61 victims.
    I can not see how these watered down measures can possibly flatten the curve.

France has taken the position that there was never anything that could be done.

I am flabergasted at how fatalistic the UK, France, and Germany have been since the start of this. If they had just stopped flights from China, Europe would likely be virus free. Anyway, spilled milk. I believe that the virus could still be beaten in Europe altogether provided that there was heavy, coordinated effort.

Ireland took a really criminally lackadaisical approach in relation to fking skiing trips, and is going to pay the price. However the government's determination to arrest the spread should pay dividends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Unless you shut down everything there is no point in closing schools. If anything there are going drag on the misery longer for people.

They’ve obviously been advised to shut things down in stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Went out for a few pints last night. Small pub in city centre. Absolutely hopping for a Wednesday night.

Seems a lot of people are loading up on bread, biscuits and factory farmed chicken. The state of people.

I can't be the only one who sees a flaw with stockpiling bread and meat... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

haydoyo wrote: »
    In the US and working from home for the forseeable future until it blows over.

Just bought a heap of meat for the freezer and feezer bags along with Frozen wedges, Pasta and sauces, Frozen Veg, Knorr Pasta meals and other stuff for the freezer and a few crates of beer and two ounces of weed which i havn't smoke in 10 years.

Stay safe people

Nicely done :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I can't be the only one who sees a flaw with stockpiling on bread and meat... :rolleyes:

Not if you freeze them

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

They'll be larger than today!

You give sound advice around here and you are this person

giphy.gif

Can we block this person from the thread, caused all the PM comments the other night

Basically saying "I know a secret but I'm not going to tell you"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Went out for a few pints last night.

This sort of thing is going to have to be knocked on the head if we are going to get serious about this.

There was an Italian woman on Euronews the other day crying how people were still going on the pistes 'how can they be so selfish?'. Italy has now climbed to over 1000 dead.
    Seems a lot of people are loading up on bread, biscuits and factory farmed chicken. Gowls.

The bread isn't going to disappear. What do people think this is? Snow?

The virus doesn't affect vehicles. It isn't in beer. The only Chinese food that it's in feature pangolin quills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭jackboy

However the government's determination to arrest the spread should pay dividends.

There is no determination, there never has been. Don’t fall for the propaganda. This is not a proper shutdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Not if you freeze them

A regular freezer won't take many chickens and loaves of bread. My freezer is always full already after every shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

I am flabergasted at how fatalistic the UK, France, and Germany have been since the start of this. If they had just stopped flights from Germany Europe would likely be virus free. Anyway, spilled milk. I believe that the virus could still be beaten in Europe altogether.

Globalisation. There was hardly any probability this wouldn’t have got through eventually they way it’s spread, which nobody could have foreseen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

sdanseo wrote: »
    The increase between yesterday and today was 62%

Hopefully that's an anomaly because if that rate keeps up, you're looking at 6,000 cases by the end of next week and ICU beds already totally exhausted.

We'll get to a stage where only the very sick or elderly will be going to a hospital.
    Secondly - you would be naïve to think that the numbers aren't higher, for example those 27 "new cases" more than likely had the virus yesterday and the day before.

Realistically there are probably 200+ cases at the moment, but it's not affecting people much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Fireball81 wrote: »
    Gym chains (Ben Dunne and Flyfit) emailing saying they are closed until 29/3.

No word from my gym yet. 24 hour and I usually go around 2am when it is empty so I think I will continue if they don't decide to close...

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭laurah591

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Nicely done :)

Nt sure someone who hasn't smoked weed in years should be smoking with a deadly respiratory virus about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭ironingbored

glasso wrote: »
    this is possibly one of the most disturbing articles that I've read in a long while

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-11/italy-doctors-coronavirus-covid-19-quarantine-milan-health/

under 60's with no health conditions only getting the ventilators in Italy. if it gets worse, they will lower the age.

others are just being basically told to go die

Italy has the 2nd best health care system in the world

how many ventilators are in Ireland?

3,000 in Italy

As someone who speaks Italian, this scares the **** out of me. The translation doesn't do justice to the anxiety and nervousness in their voices.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Probably not sterile either I bet

I'm hoping he got no business . Loads were stolen from a cancer ward earlier in the week . If this is the case or any kind of anti social **** goes on with the local runts now they aren't pissing away their school time it needs stamping on immediately. Straight to oberstown court when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

We are completely fcuked, aren't we?

You are...Yes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement