Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,060 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Piss off. I have tried to help people on here and got nothing but abuse. So watch RTE

I am just ignoring my own advice but you wrote a mail as if its I know the cases for tomorrow as if you know the future and when people ask I how do you know you act as if only the few can know so yes people are going to give out. Your not a friend of US2 from a few days ago here

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

People eating healthy to improve their immune systems.
    Nothing like a few days of healthy eating to make up for a lifetime of processed foods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

threeball wrote: »
    They should close all stock markets. We don't need all those flaky cnuts destroying the world economy as they panic and try to move money around, burying businesses left right and centre.

A short term ban on shorting is required

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

How much recovered cases in Italy?
    Currently 1258.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Bob24 wrote: »
    Also there are local elections happening over the next 2 upcoming weekends.

Government has been adamant they won't be cancelled / postponed. I am 99% sure they will be.

So far, they have advised voters to bring their own pen to the polls.

As the have not watched how elections in Iran contributed to the sprea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Fics wrote: »
    Business as usual was the message in work today despite the government's recommendations.

At least I'll be able to leave the house later then usual roads should be fairly quiet (I hope).

A busy commuter bus from Dublin to Meath had three people on it at 18:30 that's unheard of.

Anyone else notice any big changes apart from the carnage in shops?
    My DART home was definitely about 15% quieter, unfortunately not included in that 15% was the usual fnckin arseholes sneezing and coughing into their fist/phones. I would be very happy if we could build jails in 5 days for all those pricks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

All the panic buyers are the same people Tweeting Be Kind last mó th, Now they don't give a **** about anyone else
    Its embarrassing the state of our citizens

Panic buying slabs of beer and batch loaves.
    And jaffa cakes one of there 5 a day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

threeball wrote: »
    They should close all stock markets. We don't need all those flaky cnuts destroying the world economy as they panic and try to move money around, burying businesses left right and centre.

Can you do that?

There should now be a national marketing campaign on TV, Radio, YouTube adverts, billboards and the sides of busses, junk mail with a simple message,

STAY THE FCUK AWAY FROM EACH OTHER AND KEEP YOUR HYGIENE STANDARDS HIGH!

Been saying that for weeeks if people are not doing it now nothing bar aresting someone will do it

Not saying we should do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

How many weeks will it be before we are over the worst of Covid 19?

• Advertisement

gabeeg wrote: »
    I have anecdotal evidence from friends in Northern Italy that in the small town they're in (Romano), it seems to be widespread. Many of them believe they've had or have it now.
    A number of deaths in the town already, including one of their parents.

Very sorry to hear,

what has happened in China and is happening in Iran and Italy is heartbreaking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

I would say a few 1000 mate

Everybody is coughing around me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

is_that_so wrote: »
    Currently 1258.

1016 deaths.

Shocking.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Jesus, could you be anymore smug .
    It's a feature of social media that it encourages many an "in Vino Veritas" moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Is the UK banking on a cure in the pipeline?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

Soulsun wrote: »
    I'd guess at 12

spookwoman wrote: »
    Yep another person died this time in cork

Where you see this. Very sad I am guessing its the 1 with the pneumonia who was release and then got it

Ace2007 wrote: »
    At the end of the day - it's Human cost v economic cost.
    Human cost will be low, the economic can take a lot longer to fix and produce a great human cost to boot, that's the balancing act they are working on.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tomrota

is_that_so wrote: »
    Human cost will be low, the economic can take a lot longer to fix and produce a great human cost to boot, that's the balancing act they are working on.
    With the current fragile pro-cyclical economic system we have now, yes. There is plenty of money and resources in the world for society to shut down for a period of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Been saying that for weeeks if people are not doing it now nothing bar aresting someone will do it

Not saying we should do that

Perfect job for the guards and the army using megaphones and speakers on their vehicles.

Just tell everyone to fcuk off home. Also cancel Joe Duffy so they can’t complain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭LRNM

Wondering how many millions this is going to cost the country?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Went into the local shop this evening, got what I needed and out the door in 5 minutes.

Shop local is one of the suggestions I'm hearing.

I suppose living in a rural area near a village with two big shops is an advantage.

The traffic from Limerick to Galway today was almost bumper to bumper after 5.

Some people are probably like bunny rabbits in headlights and panicking because they've never had any problems because they're confident that they will never see a poor day.

Ive always lived week to week self sufficient so its like any other week to me.

But I wouldn't wish this on anyone in the community.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,528 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

LRNM wrote: »

I'd use a different measurement there if I were you.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by otnomart viewpost.gif
    The thing that worries me about South Korea is the recovery rate, only less than 300 (according to Worldometers), why is that ?
    daheff wrote: »
    it can take up to 28 days (and more) to work through the virus.

Recovery is still a bit puzzling to me.
    Italy has nearly double the positive cases of South Korea: 15 K vs 7.8 K

However in Italy the number of patients recovered is more than triple: 1250 vs 330 in South Korea.
    I still wonder why the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

In the billions already, 3 billion was the initial amount put aside wasn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭theological

Soulsun wrote: »

Quite a long time. On the UK side they are saying they are 4 weeks behind Italy.

From The Guardian:
    However, speaking after Thursday’s emergency Cobra meeting, the government’s chief scientific officer, Sir Patrick Vallance, said the true total was likely to be between 5,000 and 10,000. He said 20 people were being treated for Covid-19 in intensive care units and that the UK was on a trajectory about four weeks behind that of Italy, which has had more than 1,000 deaths.

There seems to be a universal recognition that we've moved beyond containing it to delaying its inevitable peak. I suspect we could be hearing about this for most of the year.

buried wrote: »
    Cheltenham is a f**king drunken gambling festival man. We have one drunk festival already in this country and we shut it down. You think after a heap of pints and lost bets over there every day, the vast majority of the f**king idiots who just line the pockets of bookies over there are going to be washing their hands every hour? If you think there is going to be no problem when these pisswallet's come back next week you are in for some shock, or else you can let a few of them stay in your gaff, for a bit of perspective like.

I thanked your post and am quoting it here solely because of your use of the great word: 'PISSWALLET'S'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

spookwoman wrote: »
    Yep another person died this time in cork

Have you a source for this?
    Everything I am reading still says 1 Death in Ireland

Been a long time since something in this country cost millions! Think bigger! €3bn available and we may use up a good bit of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Is the UK banking on a cure in the pipeline?

They are banking on a Stiff Upper Lip, Take it on the Chin. WW2 mentality from the populous.

PassionateJauntyDeer-small.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement