Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

I work in an office with 200 people. We are to go to work as normal even though they are probably 60-80 people who could work from home. Thoughts on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Popped into our local Dunnes at 6 this evening for a litre of milk, the fruit and veg section was blitzed, not a spud to be had. The toilet paper thing puzzles me, maybe that's what the great unwashed use to wipe their nose instead of tissues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭paul71

The WHO has commended Ireland for the action and said we wont get fooled again

Most people here are too young to get the reference ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Vivienne23

P3 & P4 to follow in later weeks.

Do we know what P3 & p4 will be ? Or is it a case to see how Italy fairs out ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Someone posted earlier 10 of their housemates friends arrived from Italy last night. Sleeping bags all over.

That might be a starting point.

Do you believe it?

• Advertisement

thebaz wrote: »
    Ther was a YouTube report that some of the wet markets in Asia are still active - unbelievable, given the chaos and destuction they have created.

At the height of the farmer beef protest last year,chinese offials inspected irish meat plants for exporting to there and were v.particular by all accounts

Meanwhile in china,nothing done to stop em eating crazy sh1t and putting the entire worlds health at risk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

When I look across the water, have to say I'm delighted I'm over this side.

Good to see a lot of company's enabling their staff to work remotely with our Fintech Hubs.

We have a good youthful population and are well dispersed. That will work in our favour.

Mon Ireland.

thebaz wrote: »
    Ther was a YouTube report that some of the wet markets in Asia are still active - unbelievable, given the chaos and destuction they have created.

Youtube? must be true, lets have a linky then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

What happens when all these curfews and closures come to an end.......will Covid-19 have taken it's ball home in a sulk by then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

lfen wrote: »
    I work in an office with 200 people. We are to go to work as normal even though they are probably 60-80 people who could work from home. Thoughts on this?

Madness... those that could work from home should work from home... minimise risk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭spookwoman

My generation has seen CJD, Foot and mouth, and now this. There are probably a few more from mid 70's to now but was there anything before

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

wadacrack wrote: »

Bumping this as it's only bit of positive news I've read all day and others might have missed it. That's if the claims made by Di Maio are indeed true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,881 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Seamai wrote: »
    Popped into our local Dunnes at 6 this evening for a litre of milk, the fruit and veg section was blitzed, not a spud to be had. The toilet paper thing puzzles me, maybe that's what the great unwashed use to wipe their nose instead of tissues.

What's the difference between tissues and toilet roll at the end of the day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Just remember who can be left with nothing when they need it the most...

ES74OynXQA4lUEN?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

Soulsun wrote: »
    Madness... those that could work from home should work from home... minimise risk

I think so too... Pregnant staff were sent home but for everyone else it’s business as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

joe40 wrote: »
    In an Aldi shop this evening and it was a bit silly. Every single bit of fruit and veg gone and 99%of the fresh meat. Food that won't keep, unless an awful lot of people have large fridges.
    Plenty of nuts and dried fruit. Excellent calorie dense food with a long shelf life. Also plenty of brown pasta and rice.
    There will be a lot of food waste next week.
    In case I'm accused of joining the panic I always do a shop on Thur evening just normal shopping. This stockpiling is idiotic, really shows how fragile a society is to any kind of shock.

Gas to see all the decent pasta and dried fruit virtually untouched in the Dunnes where I work, guess I'll be fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

sonofenoch wrote: »
    What happens when all these curfews and closures come to an end.......will Covid-19 have taken it's ball home in a sulk by then?

You just do not understand.

They are not trying to stop the spread of this anymore they are only trying to slow it down to give hospitals a fighting chance to deal with the workload.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

spookwoman wrote: »
    My generation has seen CJD, Foot and mouth, and now this. There are probably a few more from mid 70's to now but was there anything before

Spanish Flu and nobody has living memory of that. It looks awfully similar. Read a book, or a wikipedia page is all we can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Anyone know how long the public offices will be shut down for? My own workplace and many others beside me evacuated today following Leo's announcement

We’re closed to the public till 30 March (CIC/MABS) telephone and emails only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Youtube? must be true, lets have a linky then.

60 Minutes Austalia - so pretty reliable, and unbelievable they are still trading

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7nZ4mw4mXw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

mloc123 wrote: »
    My in law in the army says it is fake
    Why is nobody bothering to do the most elementary fact checking before posting?
    google Irish Army

about 5 hours ago.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/coronavirus-defence-forces-personnel-told-to-report-to-barracks-1.4201172

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

martin101 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm overreacting but old friends organising a night out Saturday night for drinks. Said I wouldn't risk it and I've got a day of stick. For me if I can minimize the risk as much as possible I will.

I got it too. Very oh for gods sake youre not gonna get corona

Firstly how do you know
    Secondly dont need to carry it home to elderly relatives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The mass testing/opportunity (containment) phase has all but passed now.

This is P2: (delay) of peak epidemic: slow and soften the curve.

P3 & P4 to follow in later weeks.

Ireland doesn't have a p4 ours is a 3 part strategy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

You’re same generation as me so.

This is BY FAR the worst of all the ones you’ve mentioned.

I was in Lidl today (I normally shop on Thursday) and I was trolley 12 all checkouts a go go. I found my eyes filling with tears watching all the old people, alone, wandering round with one loaf of bread in a basket looking bewildered and they’ve all lived through worse than we have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

lfen wrote: »

Can't justify that your employer. The morale will be terrible and imagine if someone who could work remote infected everyone.

I think a lot of employers won't get it until it hits closer to home sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Spanish Flu and nobody has living memory of that. It looks awfully similar. Read a book, or a wikipedia page is all we can do.

TB

My mother was talking about TB in the 30's today, she knew one family that lost 7 children to the disease. Her neighbour a young woman also died. They were rough times. That was Ireland when we had nothing not even hope.

Today we have lots of resources to fight Covid and we have knowledge and lots of hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    Clayton hotel gossip again
    Can we stop with this Clayton hotel gossip it's been going on for weeks....it's seriously boring at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Just remember who can be left with nothing when they need it the most...

ES74OynXQA4lUEN?format=jpg&name=small

Why did you have to show this to me when I’ve about seven wines in me. Not able

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What if I add Barry’s tea to the petition :pac:

Done deal

Mod

Proceed with signing that petition after all! or else yis are all banned!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement