Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

gmisk wrote: »
    Can we stop with this Clayton hotel gossip it's been going on for weeks....it's seriously boring at this stage

The video and pictures are going round,it's legit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,060 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

spookwoman wrote: »
    But none that I can remember that brought to county to a stop nearly.
    BDE /CJD and foot and mouth was terrible but most folk it did not affect. This is like something out of a movie

I can tell you I know people who got TB & Polio and suffered right up to death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

New Home wrote: »
    None of those places are completely surrounded by water and relying on ships or planes to restock their supplies.

Too right we have feck all in Ireland no beef trees or chicken nugget bushes.5250886496_e4cba93735.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭banie01

spookwoman wrote: »
    My generation has seen CJD, Foot and mouth, and now this. There are probably a few more from mid 70's to now but was there anything before

CJD and F&M were agricultural diseases with huge action taken to limit economic damage.
    Neither were or are human epidemics, particularly CJD.

Pertussis in the early 80's, would be the 1st of the epidemic outbreaks I have memory of.

My younger sister making awful sounds whilst in isolation in the city home in Limerick.
    My Mam would bring her to the window so we could see her.

She spent 6 weeks in there.

Being 40, the vaccines of my youth weren't the best ;)
    I had mumps, measles and bloody Rubella!

I'm immunocompromised and in a high risk group.
    Even higher risk because I've gone back to Uni and was until today, surrounded by teenage germbags ;)

The flu outbreaks are the closest many of us have been to an actual outbreak.
    Some of our older posters will remember polio trolleys and TB sanitoria.

Very few of us posting here have knowledge of the actual outright novelty this pandemic will wreak and comparing it CJD or F&M is a bit facile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,323 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

None of those places are completely surrounded by water and relying on ships or planes to restock their supplies.

Ireland is one of the most food secure countries in the world. Can we please stop stoking panic about food shortages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

Tell your boss and cc HR that you are working from home and its their business if they want to fire you.

10 minutes later watch your HR department advise anyone who can work from home.

There should be legislation to protect anyone who wants to work from home.

Prob best not to do that unless you say you have symptoms and doc cert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

yasmina wrote: »
    Just curious, in the UK can you just decide you want to be tested if you are feeling unwell?

The benefits of being a billionaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Just remember who can be left with nothing when they need it the most...

ES74OynXQA4lUEN?format=jpg&name=small

Snooze you lose. Should have been planning 3 weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

paul71 wrote: »
    Most people here are too young to get the reference ;)

What reference?

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

Tell your boss and cc HR that you are working from home and its their business if they want to fire you.

10 minutes later watch your HR department advise anyone who can work from home.

There should be legislation to protect anyone who wants to work from home.

We basically got an email from the COO today and the jist of it was...

In light of the government announcement, we wanted to reassure staff that their health is of paramount importance however, our office will remain open and all staff are expected to report to the office as normal. If you feel concerned about this decision, contact your line manager.

So they are trying to make it difficult for staff rather than actually demonstrating that they do care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

How much recovered cases in Italy?

Cases: 15,113
    Recovered: 1,258
    Dead: 1,016

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

Why did you have to show this to me when I’ve about seven wines in me. Not able

Jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭paul71

Beasty wrote: »
    Those from My Generation will though...

I'm a boy, not part of that Generation :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

I just want to post saying a big sarcastic thank you to all the people who treated anyone taking this seriously like weirdos a week ago.

It's your fault this has spread and will continue to spread, killing people, and making life miserable for a lot of others.

I can say it on here but would really love to say it to a few people's faces i know also who were questioning me as obsessive and maybe i don't get out enough because I used a hand sanitiser last week.

Idiots of Ireland, take a bow

This is hilarious! So true though. Idiots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Just curious, in the UK can you just decide you want to be tested if you are feeling unwell?
    If you are the CEO of BT id say so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Seamai wrote: »
    I'm more concerned about how many deaths we will have.

Is it true another death?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,060 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

paul71 wrote: »
    Most people here are too young to get the reference ;)

Really especially since it was the theme tune to CSI I would not be surprised if people know it. I mean Don't Stop Believing was an old tune and people now know who by

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

thebaz wrote: »
    60 Minutes Austalia - so pretty reliable, and unbelievable they are still trading

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7nZ4mw4mXw

Did you watch it? The wet market was in Bangkok not China.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Beasty wrote: »
    Those from My Generation will though...

Mine too. I just hope the kids are alright.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 BetterWay

Stheno wrote: »
    So 90 infected cases confirmed today

With a quadrupling of cases each week

March 19 -360
    March 26 - 1440

That's two weeks from now and hopefully today's measures slow it

20% needing hospitalization would be 288 in two weeks and 25% of those needing critical care which is 80 ICU beds

We're fcked

With public health system we have?

We're fcked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭spookwoman

banie01 wrote: »
    CJD and F&M were agricultural diseases with huge action taken to limit economic damage.
    Neither were or are human epidemics, particularly CJD.

Pertussis in the early 80's, would be the 1st of the epidemic outbreaks I have memory of.

My younger sister making awful sounds whilst in isolation in the city home in Limerick.
    My Mam would bring her to the window so we could see her.

She spent 6 weeks in there.

Being 40, the vaccines of my youth weren't the best ;)
    I had mumps, measles and bloody Rubella!

I'm immunocompromised and in a high risk group.
    Even higher risk because I've gone back to Uni and was until today, surrounded by teenage germbags ;)

The flu outbreaks are the closest many of us have been to an actual outbreak.
    Some of our older posters will remember polio trolleys and TB sanitoria.

Very few of us posting here have knowledge of the actual outright novelty this pandemic will wreak and comparing it CJD or F&M is a bit facile.

What I getting at is the restriction of movement and telling people to basically stay at home and try to keep away from other people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

lfen wrote: »
    I work in an office with 200 people. We are to go to work as normal even though they are probably 60-80 people who could work from home. Thoughts on this?

One of the points from this mornings press conference was to work from home where possible. This is a Health and Safety issue. They should be advising you to work from home from a H&S perspective. Management should be ashamed of themselves TBF.

Heat_Wave wrote: »

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,350 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

If you're the rich CEO of a huge company then clearly, yes you can. Everyone else probably not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,881 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Heat_Wave wrote: »

We are owed a death of gratitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Snooze you lose. Should have been planning 3 weeks ago.

Edgy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

We produce plenty of vegetables, milk and cheese

Unless you want to stockpile on exotic fruits

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

Wombatman wrote: »
    One of the points from this mornings press conference was to work from home where possible. This is a Health and Safety issue. They should be advising you to work from home from a H&S perspective. Management should be ashamed of themselves TBF.

Some parts of the HSE aren’t even advising working from home ... I.e office staff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,706 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Notdeco wrote: »
    Is this a fake two?

I hope Matt doesn't forget his Mat :) or is it the other way around ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement