Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Is there any talk if we go into lockdown and close things down. Will we get the dole?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

jos28 wrote: »
    This fella could make a fortune over the next few weeks

https://www.manna.aero/

that idea will never fly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

lfen wrote: »
    We basically got an email from the COO today and the jist of it was...

In light of the government announcement, we wanted to reassure staff that their health is of paramount importance however, our office will remain open and all staff are expected to report to the office as normal. If you feel concerned about this decision, contact your line manager.

So they are trying to make it difficult for staff rather than actually demonstrating that they do care.

What they don't realise is that it is absolutely in the company's interest that anyone who can work from home does so. It mitigates the risk of any of ye catching the virus and shutting down the workplace entirely, which is a real risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 yasmina

gmisk wrote: »
    If you are the CEO of BT id say so!

Yeah, that's what I was wondering.
    So it's because he is who he is that he could just get tested?
    The general public can't just walk in and ask to be tested?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,323 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I work in an office with 200 people. We are to go to work as normal even though they are probably 60-80 people who could work from home. Thoughts on this?

Typical insecure management. Their main concern is probably that people wouldn't be working hard enough at home, not the fcuking public health emergency!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,357 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

bekker wrote: »
    Why is nobody bothering to do the most elementary fact checking before posting?
    google Irish Army

about 5 hours ago.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/coronavirus-defence-forces-personnel-told-to-report-to-barracks-1.4201172

Army might be needed to assist in policing the streets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭paul71

Really especially since it was the theme tune to CSI I would not be surprised if people know it. I mean Don't Stop Believing was an old tune and people now know who by

Odds on most know the song but not who sang it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

27 cases today alone, surely it cant get higher than this in a 24 hour period considering we live in such a small country..and with schools ect closed hopefully that will slow the rate of spreading

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Ellsbells1

They are telling us not to panic but etc that there is plenty of stock, where is all the sanitiser? The antibacterial soap? Dettol etc that we can’t get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Is there any talk if we go into lockdown and close things down. Will we get the dole?

if you lose your job yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

Gonna be some circlejerk on Rte 1 in a minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭Phil.x

I'm hearing there's works in the curragh, some type of field ward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Typical insecure management. Their main concern is probably that people wouldn't be working hard enough at home, not the fcuking public health emergency!

Husband has to deal with it as we speak. He absolutely could work remotely, manager is against remote working because she personally hates it. There's war on the horizon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,706 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Working from home would be great, shame about the national broadband plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

Am I going mad or did I read on here earlier that a 2nd death was announced? I can't find the story in the news

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jomzy

WTH with the media not disclosing the specific location of people positive with the virus and yet when the person dies they will disclose it. The first person who passed away was admitted in Naas General Hospital.

Shn99 wrote: »
    27 cases today alone, surely it cant get higher than this in a 24 hour period considering we live in such a small country..and with schools ect closed hopefully that will slow the rate of spreading

It'll get worse before it gets better.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,060 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I work in an office with 200 people. We are to go to work as normal even though they are probably 60-80 people who could work from home. Thoughts on this?

Is it that easy just to up sticks and work from home. With kids home may be hard. I know where I work to get to work from home, they have to test your wifi get you a phone line for calls (work may not want to hear screaming kids during calls) and a secure line to our website. I am sure they also want to make sure you will actually work from home and have a quiet place to do it. So while yes lots of office people maybe able to get it up at someone place may take a few days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Do we not produce any food of our own in Ireland?

Not Avocados

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Snooze you lose. Should have been planning 3 weeks ago.

Thats elder abuse. As a son of a healthy 92 yr old mother shame on you. You are pathetic.

Elderly people have a right to shop for their essential items too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,881 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Any day now there will be news from this hotel.

Any day :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

I was so fatalistic this time yesterday but as my symptoms cleared up, my spirit has lifted. Think South Korea and Italy were the testing grounds and we are fortunate that we are able to take their lessons. Feel some of the random cures will work and be pervasive within a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,606 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Shn99 wrote: »

Of course it can and probably will each day

Ellsbells1 wrote: »
    They are telling us not to panic but etc that there is plenty of stock, where is all the sanitiser? The antibacterial soap? Dettol etc that we can’t get?

Because arseholes bought 50 bottles of the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,060 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

RugbyLad11 wrote: »
    Am I going mad or did I read on here earlier that a 2nd death was announced? I can't find the story in the news

Poster said they saw in on the Independent but then got pulled

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

RugbyLad11 wrote: »

I got a notification from RTÉ and then the story disappeared I couldn’t find it ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Did you watch it? The wet market was in Bangkok not China.
    It's a cultural thing in a few places in the Far East. Africa too. A lot of the worldwide viruses came from such sources. The seasonal flus, even HIV. It's actually hard to recall which ones didn't. If after this massive shock to the world such markets aren't stamped out and hard, then I don't know what to think.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

namloc1980 wrote: »

Yep. Any company that has staff who can work from home, but doesn't implement a policy to keep them all at home, has no trust in the staff. I would be looking to move on from them as soon as it blows over, gob****es.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement