Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    Thats elder abuse. As a son of a healthy 92 yr old mother shame on you. You are pathetic.

Elderly people have a right to shop for their essential items too.

I thought it was patronizing to the women if I’m honest. She’s just doing her shopping. Maybe she got what she needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

RugbyLad11 wrote: »
    Am I going mad or did I read on here earlier that a 2nd death was announced? I can't find the story in the news

God that’s mad this article definitely originally had the second death in the title

https://m.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/coronavirus-ireland-27-new-cases-of-covid-19-confirmed-as-emergency-measures-kick-in-with-schools-and-childcare-facilities-closed-39038929.html

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

What they don't realise is that it is absolutely in the company's interest that anyone who can work from home does so. It mitigates the risk of any of ye catching the virus and shutting down the workplace entirely, which is a real risk.

Very good point.

I mean 200 people side by side at desks, sharing 1 canteen with 4 toilets. We are bound to have at least 1 person contract it and it will spread like wildfire.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Thats elder abuse. As a son of a healthy 92 yr old mother shame on you. You are pathetic.

Ah lad, Jesus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,060 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

jomzy wrote: »
    WTH with the media not disclosing the specific location of people positive with the virus and yet when the person dies they will disclose it. The first person who passed away was admitted in Naas General Hospital.

Well they were in a hospital I thought she was in the Mater. What difference would it make you should be doing the same things regardless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Shn99 wrote: »
    27 cases today alone, surely it cant get higher than this in a 24 hour period considering we live in such a small country..and with schools ect closed hopefully that will slow the rate of spreading

Im afraid it wont. It could be a week or more before we see if the closures make a difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,357 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Shn99 wrote: »
    27 cases today alone, surely it cant get higher than this in a 24 hour period considering we live in such a small country..and with schools ect closed hopefully that will slow the rate of spreading

I'd expect 100+ new cases a day this time next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Ellsbells1 wrote: »
    They are telling us not to panic but etc that there is plenty of stock, where is all the sanitiser? The antibacterial soap? Dettol etc that we can’t get?

Unused and stockpiled in someone else's house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

After today's panic shopping crowds gathering together in supermarkets I've lost hope that we can handle this without the force of law.

I think a full blown lockdown is not only necessary now but inevitable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

Not sure if I'm on the right thread. All indoor mass gatherings of more than 100 should be cancelled, I'm due to fly out on Thursday 19th to Portugal is waiting to board and then sitting for two and a half hours fall into a situation that should be cancelled. Don't really want to put myself or my wife's health at risk any advice from boards community.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,606 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

dan786 wrote: »

Doesn't stop anything really - just keep going back in or get the kids to go in..hmm ban kids from shops...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭daheff

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Can't justify that your employer. The morale will be terrible and imagine if someone who could work remote infected everyone.

I think a lot of employers won't get it until it hits closer to home sadly.

I think a lot of employees will find their reputation takes a battering from employees that they treat like this. When sh1ts over they'll see employees walk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,706 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Not to mention living from one weeks pension to the next.

Some irony people who "stock piled" now openly mocking those "panic buying".

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Good call, fair play and prompt too. Hopefully Tesco, Supervalu and others follow suit(maybe they have?). That should hopefully stem the tide of the panic buyers after the hysteria of today.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

The first person who passed away was admitted in Naas General Hospital.

No they weren't, they were in a hospital in a Dublin.

People need to start getting facts right and stop spreading fake news which seems to be more contagious and harmful to society than the virus itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

Our Science Correspondent

Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

When you ring up the HSE they ask for your location. I rang to be sure and they told me I had many of the symptoms but just to keep Ana eye on it. Strangely they insist on asking if you were in one of the affected areas. Didn’t ask my age. Nice and pleasant lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Im sure this has been said before but I genuinely feel the UK Gov has done the right thing.

End.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,557 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

They need to tell people it's because the hospitals couldn't cope if it gets out of hand.

The medical staff need the public to help and do their bit too.

Many people think ah sure if I catch it its only the flu.

And are just acting as usual.

That's true but it's about vulnerable people in hospitals when beds are scarce.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭0127647

BT CEO Philip Jansen tests positive for coronavirus

Mr Jansen said in a statement: "Having felt slightly unwell I decided as a precaution to be tested.

"As soon as the test results were known I isolated myself at home."

so given all the trouble this is causing, he only waited until the result was known until he isolated himself.

Cretin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

That's from a few days ago. He has already been arrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

wylo wrote: »
    After today's panic shopping crowds gathering together in supermarkets I've lost hope that we can handle this without the force of law.

I think a full blown lockdown is not only necessary now but inevitable.

Monday UK and Ireland will go into lockdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

damianmcr wrote: »
    Im sure this has been said before but I genuinely feel the UK Gov has done the right thing.

End.

what have they done:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Mr.S wrote: »
    What’s a full blown lockdown though? This ain’t China!

Even in Italy people can walk around?

In their houses they can ya. No travel without emergency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Australian GP to be called off https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/51849163

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0312/1121949-garda-coronavirus/

Gardai in the supermarkets tomorrow and trainee gardai nearing the end of training to be deployed out of templemore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

WTH with the media not disclosing the specific location of people positive with the virus and yet when the person dies they will disclose it. The first person who passed away was admitted in Naas General Hospital.

Why should we be told?

Scum would target those people just like the fucwit that targeted an Asian girl in a supermarket recently.

You need to know we have a huge number of scum in this country - just think back to the types who threatened people during water charges protests.

As for the person passing away. She was elderly, and very ill. Without being crass, this seems to have just sped her passing by a few weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement