Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

Ellie2008 wrote: »
    Could I get people’s opinions. 2 year old has a very high temp today -39, unusual for him & he’s out of sorts waking up crying for water. If keeping him away from grandparents completely OTT when we haven’t been exposed to anyone with coronavirus that we know of.

Well I wouldn't bring a sick out of sorts child near my parents or anyone else pandemic or not. Why do you even need to ask this???..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    Just give over. You made a very flippant remark aimed right toward an elderly lady shopping from almost empty shelves.

Think of her of symbol of a generation that sacrificed a lot and helped build modern Ireland and the things people like you take for granted and probably dont value.

If you and the others that made smart and snide comments on that woman are the future of this country, then we really are doomed.

She’s not helpless. Fair play to her getting out and about and taking on the great unwashed. Something about her looks classy and dignified in the leftover chaos of empty shelves left over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Health officials have identified 9 "clusters" of the virus, which have between 2 and 6 cases in each one.
    From RTE News

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,350 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Disneyland california is closing from tomorrow. Will disneyworld follow suit? I cant see any other option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,004 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Government needs to send out a “notification” recommending that morons don’t arrange “play dates” for kids.

That is not a good way to stop the virus spreading.

There’s a number of “fronts” this battle needs to be fought on but the idiots have the high ground.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

If it took you until today to realise this well then welcome to reality.

Society and law and order are fragile, they always were.

Rule of law can easily break down, human nature takes over when people are scared and feel threatened.

I fear this more than any coronavirus.

Rule of law can break down indeed, and that will be horrific.
    Human nature dictates the strongest will survive best, ie those able to compete for food more efficiently

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Phil.x wrote: »
    I'm hearing there's works in the curragh, some type of field ward.

There is rumours that local schools will be stripped and sanitised and used as isolation rooms for mildly affected.

Could be something to it, could be nothing either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,606 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

22 cases today were described as local transmission, while 2 were described as community.

Anybody know the difference?

Local means they known the original infector, community means they have no idea where they caught it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Why the fcuk is Leo Varadkar in America instead of here? Talking about a bowl of fcuking shamrocks on the news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

Spain puts four towns into quarantine

Four towns around the village of Igualada - about 30 miles north of Barcelona - were placed on indefinite lockdown after a significant outbreak in the area, regional police official Eduard Sallent told reporters.

It is the first such restriction imposed in Spain since the outbreak began.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Ellie2008

This is probably the wrong forum. I’ve two 17 month olds. If I were you I’d do the usual fever reduction measures and ring your nurse line if concerned. Or your out of hours doc service who will advise.

Thanks all, I can manage the 2 year old & he’s perked up already. I’m just debating the grandparents thing, 70s all in good health but I’d rather not risk it, I know they’ll be disappointed they don’t see themselves as old!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I bet when Leo fly back, Trump will then include Ireland in the travel ban. Unless Trump is concerned about his golf course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭yogmeister

22 cases today were described as local transmission, while 2 were described as community.

Local transmission is where they identified who the person caught it from. Community transmission they don't know where the person got it from

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    Health officials have identified 9 "clusters" of the virus, which have between 2 and 6 cases in each one.
    From RTE News

Would really love to know if I am in one of those clusters or not, would really help to see if its needed to take more precautions... hopefully they will soon but highly doubt it :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Disneyland california is closing from tomorrow. Will disneyworld follow suit? I cant see any other option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,706 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Local you got it from a known source, community they haven't a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 little bit of help

paul71 wrote: »
    Guys can anyone confirm if the Churches have cancelled religious services. I asked my mother who is in her 70s not to go to Mass for a few weeks and she expressed reluctance.

Meath have and the bishops issued a statement yesterday that elderly and immunocompromised people were exempt from attending Sunday mass and St Patrick's day. They could listen to services on radio or webcam if possible. I presume since a lot of the people going to mass and novenas etc would include a lot of elderly an outright cancellation is on the cards. I know confirmations have been deferred until a later date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

fritzelly wrote: »
    Local means they known the original infector, community means they have no idea where they caught it.

Am i right in thinking the local ones would be likely to be family/friends of confirmed cases and health workers, in the early stages at least? Or am i way off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Won't get Fooled Again

Sorry I had to

It's Hard, we'll all have to Join Together if we're to beat this and make sure The Kids Are Alright but You Better You Bet we'll Be Lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0312/1121949-garda-coronavirus/

Gardai in the supermarkets tomorrow and trainee gardai nearing the end of training to be deployed out of templemore
    Gardaí say they are increasing high visibility patrols all over the country in response to the coronavirus.

4UqnHFM.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Could I get people’s opinions. 2 year old has a very high temp today -39, unusual for him & he’s out of sorts waking up crying for water. If keeping him away from grandparents completely OTT when we haven’t been exposed to anyone with coronavirus that we know of.

As you know with a child it could be anything , from a cold to new teeth causing the temperature . It is common for kids to get infections and because of their systems its difficult to regulate their body temperature. Normally Calpol will keep temp down. Does he have any signs of having a cold or teeth that are breaking through? Best to keep him away from older people. If you are worried get a doctors advice or go to one of the children's hospitals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

yogmeister wrote: »
    Local transmission is where they identified who the person caught it from. Community transmission they don't know where the person got it from

How many community transmission cases have we got so far in total?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭yogmeister

neonsofa wrote: »
    Am i right in thinking the local ones would be likely to be family/friends of confirmed cases and health workers, in the early stages at least? Or am i way off?

You would most likely be correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Guys a bit of advice or your opinion needed here. I'm a carer for my mother. ,She has COPD. She's in a wheelchair and I need to hoist her in and out of bed every day, make her meals,wash,change nappy etc. I do it 7 days a week and I have a home help helping me in the morning and takes over in evening. I told my parents (my elderly father also has his health issues) that for the next couple of weeks I wanted to take over the duties on my own and stop the homehelps coming in. There's six of them in rotation , just to be on the safe side,my parents are against it and said no because the women will lose their pay but I'm more concerned about them. What should I do here? What would ye do?

If you stop the homehelps you might not get them back again. I would be very reluctant to do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Thanks all, I can manage the 2 year old & he’s perked up already. I’m just debating the grandparents thing, 70s all in good health but I’d rather not risk it, I know they’ll be disappointed they don’t see themselves as old!

Same boat here. Due to travel home to the grandparents . My wife is coughing all week. Probably safer not to travel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

YFlyer wrote: »
    I bet when Leo fly back, Trump will then include Ireland in the travel ban. Unless Trump is concerned about his golf course.

It was only Schengen areas, doubtful he'd include the UK, or by extension Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

My understanding is that we're probably 10-14 weeks away from this peaking here, is that correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

Dial Hard wrote: »
    She died in Naas General according to the Irish Times. No mention of her having been in a Dublin hospital.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/public-told-to-limit-social-contacts-following-first-covid-19-death-1.4200305?mode=amp

She was also only diagnosed after she was dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,976 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

YFlyer wrote: »

Mickey D will have declared martial law by then.
    Waited for the PM to leave the country on official business.
    Classic coup d'etat playbook.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Not OTT. Wise decision.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement