Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Phil.x wrote: »
    I'm hearing there's works in the curragh, some type of field ward.
    Dr Cathal Berry TD says army doesn't have any field hospitals https://twitter.com/BerryCathal/status/1237293703993180160

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,323 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Panic buyers should get a kick in the hole. Especially those who bought fresh and perishable goods in bulk. It'll be gone off and thrown out in the bin by this time next week. Selfishness pure and simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,606 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

neonsofa wrote: »
    Am i right in thinking the local ones would be likely to be family/friends of confirmed cases and health workers, in the early stages at least? Or am i way off?

Local means they know the chain of infection, not necessarily family/friends, worker in a cafe - e.g. the doctor who was infected, if people he saw test positive then he is the (likely) local transmission

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    Health officials have identified 9 "clusters" of the virus, which have between 2 and 6 cases in each one.
    From RTE News

Have they mentioned the locations?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,060 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

She’s not helpless. Fair play to her getting out and about and taking on the great unwashed. Something about her looks classy and dignified in the leftover chaos of empty shelves left over

Would you give over you made a flippant you snooze you loose comment and when people gave out you tried to back down when that did not eork your noe going with a snide comment. Disgraceful

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

ZX7R wrote: »
    There is rumours that local schools will be stripped and sanitised and used as isolation rooms for mildly affected.

Could be something to it, could be nothing either

Are you also masturbating while writing this . Moron. Do you have nothing or no one in your life that this is what qualifies as human contact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

How many community transmission cases have we got so far in total?

We have far far more than test results will show. Because we are barely testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Spain now +849 cases for the day, at 3,126 total cases. Up 31 deaths to a total of 86. Looking very bad there.

Germany is +779 cases, now up to 2,745. Deaths up 3 to 6 today.

France + 595 , up to 2,876 and up 13 deaths to 61 in total.

Spain looking very like Italy just a few days ago, it's quite clear this situation is about to be repeated all over europe. Depressing times.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

paul71 wrote: »
    Guys can anyone confirm if the Churches have cancelled religious services. I asked my mother who is in her 70s not to go to Mass for a few weeks and she expressed reluctance.

Not sure about all services but we had two confirmations cancelled.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 haydoyo

Really wish the supermarkets would only allow the over 65's in for the first three hours they open or those with an underlying illness.

Let the people who really need stuff in first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Would you give over you made a flippant you snooze you loose comment and when people gave out you tried to back down when that did not eork your noe going with a snide comment. Disgraceful

That is what you get from the youth of today.

Lazy fookers don't want to do anything for anybody and only care about themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,606 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

How many community transmission cases have we got so far in total?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

haydoyo wrote: »
    Really wish the supermarkets would only allow the over 65's in for the first three hours they open or those with an underlying illness.

Good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

fritzelly wrote: »
    Chief Medical Officer Dr Tony Holohan has reported that so far there are 5 cases of community transmissions.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0312/1121769-coronavirus-tracker/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,641 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Another suggestion. Hard to patrol and voluntary by the public.

The first hour of a shop opening should be reserved for older and disabled customers.

Quotas should still be applied ie only one of everything allowed. But it would mean vulnerable customers are catered to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,323 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Be gas if they cleared the shelves by the time the panic buyers showed up. :pac:

What if you can not make it on those hours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Jesus relax. I just felt the picture was a bit too overly sombre, the women has stuff in her trolley. It’s not ideal, but she has more than I have. She’s old, I don’t believe making her old makes her vulnerable. Maybe she would have stockpiled and hoarded food too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭paul71

Meath have and the bishops issued a statement yesterday that elderly and immunocompromised people were exempt from attending Sunday mass and St Patrick's day. They could listen to services on radio or webcam if possible. I presume since a lot of the people going to mass and novenas etc would include a lot of elderly an outright cancellation is on the cards. I know confirmations have been deferred until a later date.

Grand so, she won't listen to me but she will go along with the Bishop of Meath. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Germany are doing a great job in terms of preventing deaths. 6 deaths out of 2,700 is some going in comparison to other countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

Speak Now wrote: »
    I hope Matt doesn't forget his Mat :) or is it the other way around ;)
    My bad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Government needs to send out a “notification” recommending that morons don’t arrange “play dates” for kids.

That is not a good way to stop the virus spreading.

There’s a number of “fronts” this battle needs to be fought on but the idiots have the high ground.

Taking down the coronavirus update Ireland Facebook page would be a start, such nonsense on that

That is what you get from the youth of today.

Lazy fookers don't want to do anything for anybody and only care about themselves.

I am 39 and consider myself pretty youthful also know people younger then me who do a lot so how about not generalizing there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

deisedevil wrote: »
    We have far far more than test results will show. Because we are barely testing.

I would have thought we would have had people presenting themselves to hospital at this stage with breathing difficulties or severe symptoms and then included in the figures... Then again maybe they are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

The countries doing a brilliant job:

Hong Kong
    Singapore
    Thailand
    Taiwan
    Vietnam

Countries doing a horrendous job:

Iran
    Spain
    France
    Germany
    Norway
    United States
    Denmark

I'd say the experience of SARS has made most of Asia more prepared to react appropriately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Panic buyers should get a kick in the hole. Especially those who bought fresh and perishable goods in bulk. It'll be gone off and thrown out in the bin by this time next week. Selfishness pure and simple.

Imagine sitting in your house tonight like a smug tart that you’ve 74 bags of pasta and tinned tomatoes. Think of people who can’t afford to bulk buy and who need it most. Boot up the hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

ITman88 wrote: »
    Rule of law can break down indeed, and that will be horrific.
    Human nature dictates the strongest will survive best, ie those able to compete for food more efficiently

1 - Water
    2 - Food
    3 - Security
    4 - Waste

I betting not many have considered 3 or 4, too busy buying loo roll.

We are so used to having everything so convenient and readily available that any interruption to usual service creates big waves.

Maybe after this we might try to be more self sufficient. I hope so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭screamer

Ellie2008 wrote: »
    Could I get people’s opinions. 2 year old has a very high temp today -39, unusual for him & he’s out of sorts waking up crying for water. If keeping him away from grandparents completely OTT when we haven’t been exposed to anyone with coronavirus that we know of.

Kids get temperatures for all kinds of reasons, but better safe than sorry. 39 is high enough, if calpol or neurofen are not causing it to drop then I’d give gp or emergency on call doctors a call.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement