Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

If you are a healthy 20-35 year old, is it possible to recover from this if you stay home? Or do you have to go into ICU?

Yes. The vast majority of people will not need hospitalisation. Please self isolate if feeling like you have flu symptoms. Only present to hospital if you have difficulty breathing, are deteriorating. It's important to not overwhelm the health service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/events/1237807984115408896
    Burial pits in Iran so big, you can see them from space.

505395.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,781 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    The picture of that old lady at the empty shelves has broke my heart. Anyone know where it was taken?

Looks like ASDA so probably the UK.

I wouldn't rule out it being staged either just to get likes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

silverharp wrote: »

There you have it, it effects everyone not just the elderly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Oh My God....just watching the movie 'Contagion' (2011) featuring Matt Damon & Jude Law. Scary parallels with our current real virus situation.

Yes it's a Hollywood movie, and yes they've added a lot of artistic licence and needless drama, but it's a virus movie nonetheless, and it's scary, and it's thought provoking too!

CONTAGION.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

Yeah seriously asking a question about a virus that is a month old

It is widely reported day in and day out who is high risk age groups underlying illnesses etc please educate yourself. Highly unlikely a healthy person in that age group would need ICU more than likely have a temp and cough and can recover at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

tuxy wrote: »
    The vast majority of people will recover with no medical intervention. Probably not even a need for paracetamol.

thats what they (the officials) are saying....but can we be so sure?? this virus is only a few months old ...who knows what the long term implications are...will it cause complications later on??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

ZX7R wrote: »
    There is rumours that local schools will be stripped and sanitised and used as isolation rooms for mildly affected.

Could be something to it, could be nothing either
    Would have thought more community centres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

anigif_enhanced-buzz-8409-1383752632-20.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,918 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Coveney on Prime Time reminding us that at the end of the day, he and Leo will do whatever the EU say, regardless of whether it's best for Ireland or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

That guy on Prime time sounds like he'll get hit hard by the coronavirus.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭LeineGlas

O'Callaghan is a disgrace. Minister giving important advice and clarifications but she's too desperate for attention to let him speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

wylo wrote: »
    After today's panic shopping crowds gathering together in supermarkets I've lost hope that we can handle this without the force of law.

I think a full blown lockdown is not only necessary now but inevitable.

Looting and selfishness will be on the cards unless people gets a grip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

anigif_enhanced-buzz-8409-1383752632-20.gif

I only have two cans of Linden Village left :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

If you are a healthy 20-35 year old, is it possible to recover from this if you stay home? Or do you have to go into ICU?

99.99% of the time you will be fine. No source, just my general reading of everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Are there cases where difficulty breathing is occurring without other flu like symptoms?

And to what extent does "difficulty breathing" meaning?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Coveney on Prime Time reminding us that at the end of the day, he and Leo will do whatever the EU say, regardless of whether it's best for Ireland or not.

That's exactly what he just said alright. We are where we are because we were made abide by EU free movement rules. Christ. So we must all go down together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,557 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Mirium is a disgrace.

Her brother in FF obviously has a sway on her.

Yeah seriously asking a question about a virus that is a month old

Might I ask, as someone who is able to use the Internet, as you obviously are, why do you come to a thread on boards.ie to find the answer to such an important question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,881 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Coveney seems irritated that Britain allowed Cheltenham to go ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

The flight travel ban being pointless is a line the government mouthpieces have repeated for weeks. Utter bollox, it is clearly what other EU countries are saying. We are a fcuking island, of course it would help us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Coveney seems irritated that Britain allowed Cheltenham to go ahead.

Everyone is. Scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭LeineGlas

What are the EU saying?

What is Ireland doing that they wouldn't be doing if they weren't in the EU?

What isn't Ireland doing that they would be doing if they weren't in the EU?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

i sometimes get difficulty breathing reading through this thread !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

Miriam is doing my tits in.
    She is such an ignorant bitch interrupting everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,881 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

This virus has extraordinary precision.

ESpMyu5WkAAyQZY?format=jpg&name=large

• Registered Users Posts: 11,060 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

deisedevil wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat and have heard the same stories. It's going to tear doctors and nurses apart having to decide to leave someone, who in normal circumstances could be saved, just lie there to die.

I suppose it has to be first come first serve (bad choice of words I know) you can't just yank someone off a ventilator just because someone older/younger/might have a better chance comes along can you. Also if they have make a DNR then you have to go with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,496 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Omackeral wrote: »
    Looting and selfishness will be on the cards unless people gets a grip

Some sh1tbird or sh1tbirds have already stolen facemasks from hospitals.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/coronavirus-thousands-face-masks-stolen-17894178.amp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Get Real

I don't buy this from him and not sure why he's saying it. Fair enough if they don't want to ban flights. Don't go down the road of "it's out of our hands"

Czech republic is in the EU, they've banned travellers from other EU countries, for example France and Germany.

We're not even in Schengen. I'm not sure what law prevents us doing it, regardless of whether we should or not, the EU reason is a red herring.

In fact, it's one of the reasons why brexit happened. These "the EU x,y,z, the powers above" excuses became fact when there was no basis for them.

I'd love to have seen Miriam put it to him that EU countries are already putting restrictions on other EU ones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Tippex wrote: »
    Miriam is doing my tits in.
    She is such an ignorant bitch interrupting everyone.

Why are you watching it?

Family Guy is on Fox I think.:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement