Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

You sound like one of the people I described from a week ago, telling everyone it's just a bad cold, or we'll all get it anyway, or calling people idiots for using hand sanitisers etc. I hope you're not.

But just for you, I've gone and got you an article, can't find the other one i read which stated 6 hours, this experiment showed 3

https://www.upi.com/Science_News/2020/03/11/Coronavirus-can-live-in-air-for-3-hours-on-surfaces-for-2-3-days/8121583963038/

Upi.com the type of website middle aged women on Facebook share vaping is worse than smoking links to

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Tippex wrote: »
    Miriam is doing my tits in.
    She is such an ignorant bitch interrupting everyone.

It's like shes in a fierce hurry to get home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Cant stand Miriam as an interviewer.

How she earns 1/2 million per year is beyond me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Tippex wrote: »
    Miriam is doing my tits in.
    She is such an ignorant bitch interrupting everyone.

Ok.. okay... OKAY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Listen to this shíte on prime time. They can't tell the truth about the testing. They are saying everyone can have the testing. Bullsh1t. I know people who are at home with all the symptoms with days now and they are being told they don't need testing. I know of someone in a nursing home who was told no testing until they had developed pneumonia. I know for certain that nurses are being told in hospitals not to bother testing some people because they don't think there's any point and that it will take ages anyways. There's fcek all testing being done so how on Earth can they know about community transmission and therefore ensure these people don't spread it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

deisedevil wrote: »
    That's exactly what he just said alright. We are where we are because we were made abide by EU free movement rules. Christ. So we must all go down together.

One nation under God Angela.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭chancer12

LeineGlas wrote: »
    O'Callaghan is a disgrace. Minister giving important advice and clarifications but she's too desperate for attention to let him speak.

Agree totally. She's trying to ratchet up the drama. Good to see the experts keep their cool and not react to her. Appalling journalism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

My mother was talking about TB in the 30's today, she knew one family that lost 7 children to the disease. Her neighbour a young woman also died. They were rough times. That was Ireland when we had nothing not even hope.

Today we have lots of resources to fight Covid and we have knowledge and lots of hope.

My parents got married in '56 and loved to tell the story of how they hopped on my Dad's motorbike to go to Tramore for their honeymoon but got turned back at the Cork/Waterford border due to a TB outbreak in Cork.
    They ended up in Crosshaven - and to add to their misery my grandmother sent my Mother's two youngest sisters down so she wouldn't get lonely.

Whether the story is true or not I don't know but somehow I ended up with a natural immunity to TB.

My Dad's grandfather, G-Grandparents, and 7 grand aunts all died of TB in the Channel Isles in a 5 year period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Go to the pub..lol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Oh My God....just watching the movie 'Contagion' (2011) featuring Matt Damon & Jude Law. Scary parallels with our current real virus situation.

Yes it's a Hollywood movie, and yes they've added a lot of artistic licence and needless drama, but it's a virus movie nonetheless, and it's scary, and it's thought provoking too!

CONTAGION.

I wouldn't be able to watch it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Cheltenham is ****ing disgusting to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

Snooze you lose. Should have been planning 3 weeks ago.

most pathetic cretin of a human for posting such a comment about an elderly lady out shopping...especially on such a momentous day as today in our society.

did that make you feel better about yourself?

are you the kind of person who watches action movies or plays games all day in your underwear, getting your adrenalin up, thinking you're the big hero and yet would probably baulk if someone said boo to you in real life?

disgusted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,557 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Cant stand Miriam as an interviewer.

How she earns 1/2 million per year is beyond me

And morons claim RTÉ and FG are in some sort of cahoots!!

Seriously can these nut jobs just self isolate forever along Mirium.

She can't take Margaret Cash with her aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Miriam: Final question, should we go to the pub, lol

classic Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,918 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

It's a fair point... a lot of people will still think it's grand.

Look at the arguments every year when Good Friday rolled around, and that was only for a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

This virus has extraordinary precision.

ESpMyu5WkAAyQZY?format=jpg&name=large

Hopefully the death rates follow the same trend. Could you post the same with deaths. I think it would be very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

bb12 wrote: »
    most pathetic cretin of a human for posting such a comment about an elderly lady out shopping...especially on such a momentous day as today in our society.

did that make you feel better about yourself?

are you the kind of person who watches action movies or plays games all day in your underwear, getting your adrenalin up, thinking you're the big hero and yet would probably baulk if someone said boo to you in real life?

disgusted.

Was in bad taste alright. Just saw it and it looked like such a staged expose the “vulnerable” old lady while shes our minding her own business in a fake attempt to come across empathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

This may have been answered already. How did they estimate the 15 minute contact time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,357 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

My hands are bollixed from washing them so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Getting 33 euro back on flights that cost 210 with Aer Lingus.

73 euro on government taxes but there's a 20 euro refund fee on each way.

Even easyJet are waiving all change fees, existing or new. It's a really bad look for Aer Lingus imo that they're really offering nothing.

Agent was quite helpful tbf, but hamstrung by management

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    My parents got married in '56 and loved to tell the story of how they hopped on my Dad's motorbike to go to Tramore for their honeymoon but got turned back at the Cork/Waterford border due to a TB outbreak in Cork.
    They ended up in Crosshaven - and to add to their misery my grandmother sent my Mother's two youngest sisters down so she wouldn't get lonely.

Whether the story is true or not I don't know but somehow I ended up with a natural immunity to TB.

My Dad's grandfather, G-Grandparents, and 7 grand aunts all died of TB in the Channel Isles in a 5 year period.

Often spoke with my grandfather about tb etc.
    Ireland was a sh€&hole up until about the 1970s.
    Death was normalised then.
    The last 40 or so years we have been very privileged

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

syngindub wrote: »
    Would have thought more community centres

Good point.
    But you have a ready source of building with schools, it would not take long to clear out tables and chairs.
    In China they used schools hotel's ect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

Posh! Waistcoat AND an island!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

My hands are bollixed from washing them so much.

The alcohol irritates the **** out of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,606 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I was going out tonight - what was the answer?

Damn clubs are all shutting down

So I'm hearing that Boots+Lloyds messed up ordering from pharmaceutical wholesalers by ordering over the counter medications resulting in prescription medications not been abled to be delivered. Scandalous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 haydoyo

titan18 wrote: »
    Getting 33 euro back on flights that cost 210 with Aer Lingus.

73 euro on government taxes but there's a 20 euro refund fee on each way.

Even easyJet are waiving all change fees, existing or new. It's a really bad look for Aer Lingus imo that they're really offering nothing.

Agent was quite helpful tbf, but hamstrung by management

I can change my current flights with Aer Lingus free of charge.

Why not just change instead of cancelling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It would good if a confirmed postive carrier case person could do an AMA on here, does any poster have it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Miriam clearly never used public transport in her life

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement