Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

I find a heated pad is good when I'm not well. Like a heated pad on my tummy or on my chest. Can I recommend a heat pad if anyone is interested? Is might come in useful. It's called SnuggleSafe. It's a heatpad designed for pets but people can use it too. A few minutes in the microwave according to the instructions and it stays warm for a few hours. It stays it stays warm for 10 hours. Maybe that would happen if a warm furry arse sat on it for 10 hours. I get about 6/7/8 hours heat. It's a large, hardshell disc and I think it's filled with candlewax. Its heavy. Weighs around about a bottle of 2 litre milk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,387 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Usually the troops are on the full line, but I think with this it's the world leaders who are on the front line with all their interactions constantly with 100's of people every day. Trump will get it, as will Boris, could kill em both too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,881 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

My hands are bollixed from washing them so much.

Yeah, washing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Why would our situation not just mimic China where it is now winding down. Realistically that’s what will happen for the vast majority of countries.

I hate the Chinese Government but their Iron Fist with the lockdowns was just what the doctor ordered.

We live in a country with people walking around with hundreds of convictions and lets not talk about the good old USA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Been thinking long and hard, and come up with the conclusion they should use medicines used for normal influenza for this Covid-19 virus ..........if it works they can leave my Nobel prize on the doorstep, I won't be answering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,808 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Drumpot wrote: »
    This is easily bigger then all three together. Some of us don’t even contemplate what might happen in poorer countries who may have double digit mortality numbers.

I’m 41 and have never known a global issue like this. This is already the biggest thing in my lifetime.

9/11 was a pretty big deal. It had far reaching consequences that we are still dealing with today.

Hopefully Coronavirus isn't still impacting our lives in 20 years time!

Might I ask, as someone who is able to use the Internet, as you obviously are, why do you come to a thread on boards.ie to find the answer to such an important question?

Remind me, what's the point of this thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

NIMAN wrote: »
    Is this the biggest news of the last couple of decades?

Bigger than

9/11?
    Brexit?
    Trump?

About the same pandemonium as Pokémon Go and maybe Fidget Spinners too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

This will be last weekend of epl games.

You heard it here first!

If it means Liverpool don't win the league, that's okay with me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,606 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    Well now ...

So he has hacked someones email and announces it to the world d'oh - anyway 14 hour old news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,186 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Would anyone have an idea as to why the mortality rate from the virus is 0.8% in South Korea and over 6% in Italy? That’s an enormous difference. Thanks folk!

It all depends on testing . If you test everyone.. a very high% will have it .

If you only test a small amount of ppl .

It's self explanatory

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    Well now ...

Who is he?
    I've been in self isolation from work as I can work from home for two weeks

No public transport no being in the office

My office closed today so another few weeks

I have gone out for lunch and drinks during that time but contact with others is limited to one person at a time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,808 ✭✭✭✭bilston

The Brits are a different breed. First letting Cheltenham go ahead, then Boris saying there's nothing he can do, and now the premier league going ahead with one team virtually entirely contaminated. Incredible.

When exactly did Boris say there was nothing he could do?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

Are any official sources reporting that around 30 people have tested positive at the Airport Clayton?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Empty_Space

Have cough , stuffy nose and slight shortness of breath. It cleared somewhat and then came back.

Have about 1 week. Should I be tested...say no need on guidence website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,262 ✭✭✭threeball

Great watch and very informative

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3URhJx0NSw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,944 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Completely daft that ROI and NI are using 2 sets of rules.

And daft giving separate figures.

Like the virus stops at the border.
    Would the unionists complain if their figured were counted in the all Ireland ones?

Yes, they probably would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

there's a Chinese saying 'May we live in interesting times....'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

He basically said israel are allowed to force visitors into quarantine because they aren't in the eu.

But because we are, we can't. People can fly in and dander around temple bar.

Sometimes things are bigger than the eu. This virus is one of them.
    That is not true though.
    This is entirely within the competence of our govt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Could hand gel dispensers be added to all public transport?

Waste of time with everyone breathing/coughing on each other

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭laurah591

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Link? Co-worker is heading to the one in Paris for Paddy's day so she's nervous it will close...

She really shouldnt travel now

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

At least majority of ye still have a job. My wife works in a non community creche (not fully supported by government). But, the owner receives funding through numerous grants from the government. This funding WILL continue. Yet owner in question is refusing to pay the employees. So off down to social tomorrow.

It's shocking, in my opinion, that someone could take advantage of this unprecedented event. First effects of the virus being felt outside of catching the thing itself. Long few weeks/months ahead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

threeball wrote: »
    Great watch and very informative

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3URhJx0NSw

Joe Rogan is a clown

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

Would the unionists complain if their figured were counted in the all Ireland ones?

Different rules for all of mainland Europe, so not really that daft at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Funny you should say that as some very prominent unionists are pushing for a one island solution to this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭Talisman

No they weren't, they were in a hospital in a Dublin.

People need to start getting facts right and stop spreading fake news which seems to be more contagious and harmful to society than the virus itself.
    Maybe you should take your own advice.

First patient to die of Covid-19 / coronavirus was a patient at Naas General Hospital

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭jos28

I'm going to work tomorrow and I've no issue doing so. The nature of our work means we generally have to be in situ. There are aspects of my work that I can do from home but generally I have to be there. It's a small company that will really struggle over the next few weeks. We have been extremely careful recently with hand washing, cleaning surfaces etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

This is really troubling me.

If we take relatively radical moves while the north does not, is it all for nothing?

Are we gonna have Irish people calling for a border?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭chancer12

paul71 wrote: »
    US managed a sum total of 8 tests yesterday, I'd guess they are massively under-reporting.

Trump seriously slashed funding to scientific research, US in a poor position now,
    for testing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement