Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

I'm about 30 pages behind. Had the video of tesco in naas been shared? It's the most insane thing I've ever seen! I shouldn't be laughing but it's so mad it's funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,389 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

London must be over run with the virus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Remind me, what's the point of this thread?

Like Everest, because its here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,588 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

12 element wrote: »
    How are those things comparable?

Because they are both rooted in the same selfishness and stupidity.

just like the guy who tested positive for coronavirus, called called into the supermarket on his way home to stock up for isolation.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Drumpot wrote: »
    9\11 didn’t shut down the world. Not just that, it didn’t ever have the potential to kill or injure anywhere near the amount of people this could destroy. This hasn’t even kicked off yet fully and it’s already forced most countries to isolate their populations. I’m pessimistically confident we have well past the effect 9\11 had on the world.

This to me is more similar to the threat posed by Chernobyl than to that of 9/11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

I'm about 30 pages behind. Had the video of tesco in naas been shared? It's the most insane thing I've ever seen! I shouldn't be laughing but it's so mad it's funny.

No and probably not a good idea to share. Just adds to the unneccessary panic in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Mebuntu wrote: »
    Here's a crowd tonight who have no qualms about getting or spreading the virus. No surprise really.

https://www.earthcam.com/world/ireland/dublin/?cam=dublinpub

Is there less than 100 people there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,881 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

What video?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Drumpot wrote: »
    I’m pessimistically confident we have well past the effect 9\11 had on the world.

US foreign policy, Iraq, Afghanistan, the rise of ISIS...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

bilston wrote: »
    Which is exactly the correct thing to do.

My point is will everyone be able to do that?

It's a just a theory on why the UK hasn't closed schools yet. Obviously they will eventually, probably very soon.

They are slaves to the financial companies ( London City). If they close schools the city will be ****ed on top of all ready uncharted waters (Brexit). They are thinking the economy tanking will cost more lives hardship etc as they don’t have an EU to lean on anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

The Brits are a different breed. First letting Cheltenham go ahead, then Boris saying there's nothing he can do, and now the premier league going ahead with one team virtually entirely contaminated. Incredible.

There is air of British Pomp about the whole thing. Like they are doing it to be different from the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

If it can be described as a natural disaster then it will be bigger, 9/11 was a man made disaster followed by unnessasary wars.

The virus is affecting over half the countries of this world. It will touch billions!

Haiti earthquake killed 300k+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

gabeeg wrote: »
    We should tattoo CHLTNHM-19 into the foreheads of not only the people returning from Cheltenham, but also their children

And if needs be, their children’s children

And I'd go a generation beyond that if we have to

Not the children’s faults if parents are gobsh****s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Stick it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,389 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Mebuntu wrote: »
    Here's a crowd tonight who have no qualms about getting or spreading the virus. No surprise really.

https://www.earthcam.com/world/ireland/dublin/?cam=dublinpub

Because 99% of people think, ''sure I don't have it'' . Like you think..we all think it as we don't feel the effect, we will in two weeks.

You probably have it, me too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Unfortunately i am looking for someone to test me and my mrs. Both have symptoms. GP overloaded.

sterz wrote: »
    No and probably not a good idea to share. Just adds to the unneccessary panic in my opinion.

I don't it just shows how mad/stupid some people are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

The Irish embassy in Spain just updated the status for travel there to "avoid non essential travel".

Looks like I'm no longer going to Lanzarote this weekend.

https://twitter.com/IrlEmbMadrid/status/1238230363849265153?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

BOC gas oxygen cylinder do the job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Get Real

old_aussie wrote: »
    So the gutless prick will do what the EU says even if it's NOT the best for Ireland.

Coveney grow a set, and stand up for Ireland.

Lads. The EU excuse is bollocks. I respect Coveny, but think he misjudged his excuse.

You say he'll do "What the EU says"- well, what did the EU allegedly say?

Czech Republic, in the EU, has banned travellers from other EU countries.

What's with the Daily Express headlines?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Ah ffs give it over.

Give what? It was a question.
    The way it was announced caught everyone out, and caused a panic in alot of people, not me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Iceman1984 wrote: »
    But the crèche is no longer getting payments from parents? What do you expect them to pay your wife with?

Are you sure? Now this is one of those a friend of friend deals, but 2 people have told me someone was told they had to keep paying or potentially lose their place...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Icepick wrote: »
    The Cheltenham crazies must be ordered to self-quarantine.

Can we bus them to a field outside of Mullingar and leave them there for a month under army watch.

Disclaimer: I have two mates in this cohort and nothing else matters to them but going on the lash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Cant stand Miriam as an interviewer.

How she earns 1/2 million per year is beyond me

In fairness most of it is children's allowance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Unfortunately i am looking for someone to test me and my mrs. Both have symptoms. GP overloaded.

Hopefully people won’t be as vague towards you with information as you’ve been on here to others. Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JDD

Iceman1984 wrote: »
    But the crèche is no longer getting payments from parents? What do you expect them to pay your wife with?

I checked at my Creche this evening (a chain in Dublin). They are paying their staff, which is only bloody right since we’ll all still be paying our fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭d51984

Been genuine here for a sec, If anyone has any older relatives / friends in the Dublin 5 or 17 areas that need anything in the shops or doctors etc im free all weekend. No charge. I drive and have a car ready.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

So how's is everyone coping? I missed about 50 pages...I'm not going back.

What video?

I don't know how to imbed it so here's a YouTube link to it..

https://youtu.be/BnVSHWTo-U4

• Advertisement

12 element wrote: »
    How are those things comparable?

People exposing themselves to possible infection.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement