Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Why the jaysus is Helen McEntee on Virgin media. Where the **** is Harris?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Good article explaining the U.K. governments decision making process and why it's a good approach:

Covers all the issues

Crowd psychology
    School Closures
    Massive Gatherings
    Flights
    Testing

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/12/uk-governments-coronavirus-advice-and-why-it-gave-it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,557 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Didn't take long for Louise O Reilly to get the digs in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Not the children’s faults if parents are gobsh****s

I don't think he was actually being serious:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Omackeral wrote: »
    Stay at the Clayton for the craic

Naw I am going to drive straight home to Galway. Hopefully I will be able to eat some nettles or grass on the way home. When I get to Salthill I will eat some limpets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

How come blonde woman don't know how many patients can we treat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

The Bundesliga seriously considering stopping from this weekend and not awarding a trophy.

Not a good sign for Liverpool fans, although the UK seem to be holding off on big decisions for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Disgusting imo.

And im a sinn feinn voter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Pretzill wrote: »
    So how's is everyone coping? I missed about 50 pages...I'm not going back.

We're still all screwed, you didn't miss much.

Probably been briefed in government buildings about the new cases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Looking at our neighbours on both sides, I'm just glad that our leaders are listening to experts. And prime-time gave some good advice too. I'm old enough to remember the mad cow and food and mouth disease and we handled those well. Back then our politicians and leaders listened to the experts and we got over it.

Amy fcukin' eejit who thinks that experts shouldn't be listened to should have Daniel O Donnell fix their gas leak and go for a very long nap.

Who is she?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Is there any link between Arteta and the Olympiakos owner

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Candamir

mikeecho wrote: »
    It all depends on testing . If you test everyone.. a very high% will have it .

If you only test a small amount of ppl .

It's self explanatory

That would be the other way around.

If you were to theft everyone in the country you would find a very low percentage would be positive.

If you test a small number of people who are high risk - ie symptomatic, close contacts etc, you expect to return a relatively high percentage of positive results.

So the lower the percentage of tests that are positive, the more certain we can be of catching the majority of cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,919 ✭✭✭✭banie01

New Home wrote: »
    This to me is more similar to the threat posed by Chernobyl than to that of 9/11.

Chernobyl, Fukushima and the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami all spring to mind.

Let's hope the global death toll is nowhere as devastating as the tsunami!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

This to me is more similar to the threat posed by Chernobyl than to that of 9/11.

Excellent comparison my wife who's polish and I were just discussing the same comparison ,definitely in the fear of the virus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The Bundesliga seriously considering stopping from this weekend and not awarding a trophy.

Not a good sign for Liverpool fans, although the UK seem to be holding off on big decisions for now.

I hope they dont wait till liverpool wins it if they are going down that road and yes, I am a very bitter Man Utd fan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Omackeral wrote: »
    Hopefully people won’t be as vague towards you with information as you’ve been on here to others. Best of luck.

Nearly real pic

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Coveney on Prime Time reminding us that at the end of the day, he and Leo will do whatever the EU say, regardless of whether it's best for Ireland or not.
    He could be under pressure from France and Germany, which both want to keep borders open.
    Macron attached Austria for closing their borders.
    Could be that France and Germany have more leverage on Ireland (compared to, say, Austria) for all the support during Brexit negotiations.
    First cheque being cashed in, more to follow.

YFlyer wrote: »
    Who is she?

SF mouthpiece.

Only interested in hurling from the ditch.

No interest in putting her big mouth where the money is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Looking at our neighbours on both sides, I'm just glad that our leaders are listening to experts. And prime-time gave some good advice too. I'm old enough to remember the mad cow and food and mouth disease and we handled those well. Back then our politicians and leaders listened to the experts and we got over it.

Amy fcukin' eejit who thinks that experts shouldn't be listened to should have Daniel O Donnell fix their gas leak and go for a very long nap.

Agreed, I'm quietly confident we are handling this the way the countries fairing better are. I like that in the latest case reports, each case can be identified and labelled. Contact tracing seems to be the key, they should ask for volunteers. Id happily give my time.

That English behavioural scientist sounds like that fellow on Fake Hub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Disgusting imo.

And im a sinn feinn voter.

What did she say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭citysights

Another example of how detached Leo is? Announcing the measures on a Thursday, payday for alot of people?

Aldi and Lidl only allowing four packs per person for most popular items tissue, pasta, tinned tomatoes and anti bacs etc. Proper order fair for everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

This to me is more similar to the thread posted for Chernobyl than to that of 9/11.

Boards was around in the 80s?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Cuckoo7

there's a Chinese saying 'May we live in interesting times....'

It’s more of a curse than a saying, and it is may YOU/HE live in....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,944 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Another example of how detached Leo is? Announcing the measures on a Thursday, payday for alot of people?

Some people will find absolutely any excuse to get a dig at the government.

Leo takes his advice from professionals. Imagine if he took it from numpties on the internet.

The decision today was welcomed by the vast majority of people. Only the idiots are disagreeing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

To be fair, he's probably bollixed.

I never ever thought I'd type those words but fairs fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

HIV of course also another disaster to compare it to. Of course the thing with HIV is that they couldn't develop a vaccine for it and it constantly changes - for all we know that could happen here as well!

Maybe time to stop interfering with wildlife!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement