Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

ah he wouldn't. He's only 33. shur half the population have things like that. I have COPD, asthma, GERD, I'd hardly consider myself high risk.

Well you might want to reconsider

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

A question that may have been asked, apologies if so, is Ireland self sufficient as regards food?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is Louise Reilly the our health minister if SF get in ?
    Dear god

She's painful and acts like a thundering @#_&

Thankfully one of the Healy-Rae's have a better chance of becoming minister for health.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Just back in now everyone.... What did I miss!

Spent the night hunting for food in various wildlife reserve accrose the county.

It's hard work and can be dangerous, especially after nightfall , but it's well worth it when you find that unlocked boot.... as the owner return their rolling sledge thing back to the shop. A quick unloading of the contents and quickly move on from the lidl resver to the tesco one for my next victim....:D

Away loading my stock into the back shed now, and found two unwanted pet dogs, of some sort, but that's the risks you take...

Good Night all, remember to lock you cars and boots out theer... I will be watching:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

strawdog wrote: »
    Kirsty Wark on Newsnight really makes Miriam look like an amateur. Tough but allows the person to speak and the conversation to flow

It's not just Miriam either, it's a constant problem with Irish presenters who love to talk over their guests. Pat Kenny must be the worst, he interviews an expert (on a given subject) & then proceeds to constantly talk over the expert for more than 50% of the time! Drives me nuts.

Kirsty Wark & Emily Maitlis really are professional interviewers, great when compared to Miriam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

ITman88 wrote: »
    A question that may have been asked, apologies if so, is Ireland self sufficient as regards food?

Yes seemingly we can produce enough to feed 8 million people it’s this bull**** panic buying that affects shops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

ITman88 wrote: »

Of basic food stuffs? Yes. I think we produce enough food to feed 10-12 million people.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Snoddy

I was in tesco today and it was crazy, nuts. They had no toilet paper at all. I headed to the checkouts to find a member of staff, I asked yer wan if there was any toilet roll at all and she gave me the dirtiest look and the firmest NO! I've ever heard.
    Walking back to the toilets with my pants and trousers around my ankles was a walk I never ever want to do again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

ah he wouldn't. He's only 33. shur half the population have things like that. I have COPD, asthma, GERD, I'd hardly consider myself high risk.

Please mind yourself. I think COPD is quite high risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Of basic food stuffs? Yes. I think we produce enough food to feed 10-12 million people.

Cabáiste agus bagún

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »

Have you evidence that there won't be? Why don't you post that, then?

Yours sincerely.

Unfortunately, my expertise is in medications rather than groceries. Hence why I was seeking your esteemed knowledge.

Cordially,
    T_D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

@beasty, am i allowed to say how many more cases there will be tomorrow?

I know i'll be chastised if i am out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

I'm lucky my mother's a hoarder... She has tins of stuff since before the war

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Hooked wrote: »
    Cheers.

Just read all replies.

Kinda confirms my gut feeling. Stay put. Err on the side of caution. Fuc kit. It’s only money.

Load up the camper and ‘self isolate’ with the missus and dogs instead.

Strange times ahead...

A doctor on the tonight show has just said hed avoid all non essential travel to Europe for the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,606 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Well I'm going out for a drink tonight while it's still relatively safe to go out - may be the last chance I get for a long while to come.

I'm resigning myself to the fact that there will be a government order that all bars, businesses etc will have to shut if we have anything like the numbers we had today again tomorrow (and probably a lot more with the new relaxed testing criteria) at which point the experts will be saying we cannot control it anymore

Up to now I have been a bit optimistic this would not hit us hard but the news across Europe with closures etc, the new cases today in Ireland and across Europe is making me feel a whole lot more depressed about the situation right now

I need a strong drink just thinking about it all

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭mickey15ie

I did.
    I've been trying to ring them but their phones aren't being answered.
    There's a video on social media showing a load of guests being taken away in Ambulances.

what happened at the clayton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

What I don't understand is why it did not spread throughout China initially ?

As in the early days before Christmas , people and socitey were unaware of virus, surely it would have spread then throughout China , like it did in North Italy and now Europe - I know China locked down Wuhan lock tight after , but would have throught this infectious virus would have spread throughut China in January .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Is anybody like me, and feel this closing down of things and social distancing isn't too much of a hardship? I mean, we can still eat, bills will eventually be paid, there's lots of things we can do to enjoy these weeks - even if lockdown happened we could get by with the internet and whatsapp groups etc - avoiding an infectious disease which has the potential to **** with our immune response is far, far worse.

Let's lessen the underlying fear and enjoy a break from.the norm, for a change.

* This could be the wine talking...but feck it :)

Plus most storage was in preparation for a hard brexit, food aint the issue. The distribution, staff required to service and even possible security of same, is really another story..but yeah WE GOT LOTS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Will hairdressers and the like be closing down the line? Anyone who needs to get the roots done, do it now! Consider this your public service announcement

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

mickey15ie wrote: »
    what happened at the clayton?

What happened at the Clayton stays at the Clayton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I'm lucky my mother's a hoarder... She has tins of stuff since before the war

Lucky for some.

I have been watching too much Youtube, but foodstuffs that were tinned for GIs during WW2 are still edible to this day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

@beasty, am i allowed to say how many more cases there will be tomorrow?

I know i'll be chastised if i am out

Two. You are your mot. Isn’t that what you just said?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Pretzill wrote: »
    Is anybody like me, and feel this closing down of things and social distancing isn't too much of a hardship? I mean, we can still eat, bills will eventually be paid, there's lots of things we can do to enjoy these weeks - even if lockdown happened we could get by with the internet and whatsapp groups etc - avoiding an infectious disease which has the potential to **** with our immune response is far, far worse.

Let's lessen the underlying fear and enjoy a break from.the norm, for a change.

* This could be the wine talking...but feck it :)

I can always watch a DVD or Blu-ray at home, or read a book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

In this scenario, you can't drop a bombshell of months of isolation on people right off.

You start with two weeks and then increase it gradually.

Can you imagine the insanity if the Government announced a one month lockdown straight off?

It would have been nice to try limit/quarrantine travellers

(Not those type of travellers)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

On the dole from today because of this. Coronavirus sucks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I wonder how nox would cope with a pub shutdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

I wonder will the toilet roll purchasing epademic die out in the coming days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

New Home wrote: »
    What happened at the Clayton stays at the Clayton.

I think the same bogus ****e circulated early in the week.

You can bet if the HSE had to remove people from somewhere it wouldn't do it in a fleet of wailing sirens

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Was thinking this myself today when driving around Dublin.

Can also remember wondering if we’d ever get back to normal, and we did.

I hope people check in on their elderly neighbours and relatives, don’t just post about it on social media using the current hashtag, but actually check in on them.

Hold on Fr. Dougal was driving around Dublin on his own! That's bigger than Trump, Brexit, Corona virus and 9/11 combined ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement