Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭saabsaab

rusty cole wrote: »
    listening to Simon coveney on prime time would make you sick. Trying to sound like a veteran epidemiologist whilst dismissing experts sitting feet away from him. Stick to making a shambles of housing Simon, you leverett!

Also is it me or are the HSE only recruiting "experts" with glasses and beedy eyes?? are the also trying to "impression manage" as though we have stereo typical scientists on the case. One such "nerd-alike" crumbled to bits when cornered over protocol regards testing, the squirming and shyte talk was off the charts!

Can I ask, if it lasts on hard surfaces for so long (up to days), wouldn't money which is kept often in pockets and can be moist and at body temperature, be a breeding ground and also a great medium for transfer which dint't fit standard transfer in the community? also the sharing of notes common "notes" / devices for the use of cocaine snorting and the likes?

Yes. Use contactless, cash is dead.

It would have been nice to try limit/quarrantine travellers

(Not those type of travellers)

you beat me by 20 seconds!! :-) Big Joe JOYCE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

ShadyAcres wrote: »
    On the dole from today because of this. Coronavirus sucks

Sorry to hear that, mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

Will hairdressers and the like be closing down the line? Anyone who needs to get the roots done, do it now! Consider this your public service announcement

Ah Jesus the ould one will look like a badger again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

@beasty, am i allowed to say how many more cases there will be tomorrow?

I know i'll be chastised if i am out

It's genuinely cringey how attention seeking you are being. Have you nothing else going for you in your life?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,883 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

505402.png

What a lovely looking petri dish. :)

On a serious note the government will have to put an end to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

Questions to those of you who joined the hoard today in the supermarkets

You do release you increased the likelihood that you might have caught this virus by going to a place full of people.

What is the rational in your brain?
    Do you think the virus hasnt arrived yet or something?
    Are you mentally deficient?
    Are you a moron?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Omackeral wrote: »
    Two. You are your mot. Isn’t that what you just said?

You worry about you and your 400 other mates boss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭maebee

cozar wrote: »
    Would love to know what your 3 items were.?

One bottle of Merlot, one bottle of Pino and a garlic bread :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 haydoyo

ITman88 wrote: »
    That’s another thing with working from home people need to understand.
    Even those working primarily on computers or office based have massive security issues re remote working on certain networks.
    Certain security policies will only allow access to networks directly and for good reason.
    I can only imagine a limited number of professions where working from home is feasible

Any decent company will have provisions in place for their staff to work remotely whether through VPN on their work laptop or something like Citrix on their personal laptop where you can't transfer across personal information.

Anyone in a decent company should be able to work remotely if their role if office based.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Doesn’t this all feel so surreal?

I feel like it is a nightmare I can’t wake up from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭citysights

Will hairdressers and the like be closing down the line? Anyone who needs to get the roots done, do it now! Consider this your public service announcement

Run on hair color next!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭SDKev

@beasty, am i allowed to say how many more cases there will be tomorrow?

I know i'll be chastised if i am out

The official numbers today / do they relate to yesterday? So we’re 24h behind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

If you see mortagage payments being allowed to be suspended....we have a full italian style lock down coming

Imo strong pissibilty if a no pub paddys day for first time since the 60s

What happened in the 60s?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,361 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I wonder will the toilet roll purchasing epademic die out in the coming days?

Yes, it's bulky, people buying it will not have space for more of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Candamir

rusty cole wrote: »
    listening to Simon coveney on prime time would make you sick. Trying to sound like a veteran epidemiologist whilst dismissing experts sitting feet away from him. Stick to making a shambles of housing Simon, you leverett!

Also is it me or are the HSE only recruiting "experts" with glasses and beedy eyes?? are the also trying to "impression manage" as though we have stereo typical scientists on the case. One such "nerd-alike" crumbled to bits when cornered over protocol regards testing, the squirming and shyte talk was off the charts!

Can I ask, if it lasts on hard surfaces for so long (up to days), wouldn't money which is kept often in pockets and can be moist and at body temperature, be a breeding ground and also a great medium for transfer which dint't fit standard transfer in the community? also the sharing of notes common "notes" / devices for the use of cocaine snorting and the likes?

Personally I thought Simon Coveney cane across very well on prime time, and everywhere else I’ve seen him talk on this issue.

To answer your question, no, money notes can’t act a a breeding ground for viruses. Viruses can only replicate/multiply in living cells, so they won’t replicate on sweaty notes, dirty counters etc etc.
    Inanimate objects obviously can be contaminated, but the viral won’t replicate on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Is Cheltenham actually still going ahead tommorrow???

WTF??

saabsaab wrote: »
    Yes. Use contactless, cash is dead.

you're still handing your card to another person in many cases, not all but many.

I just think this is a way to pass it on, by handling cash..they say not one note is without a trace of cocaine!! on that basis, give it weeks and the same can easily be said for Covid no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Off licence should be open 24 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

paddythere wrote: »
    Exactly. Another thing they ought to realize is that their is no f**kin way the EU survives for very long after this is over

And the Brexit Brits will be laughing at them. Cummings is a genius. Lol

• Advertisement

It's genuinely cringey how attention seeking you are being. Have you nothing else going for you in your life?

tenor.gif?itemid=8644559

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

MarkY91 wrote: »

we signed our own death warrant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭saabsaab

I'm lucky my mother's a hoarder... She has tins of stuff since before the war

Which war?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,361 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Doesn’t this all feel so surreal?

I feel like it is a nightmare I can’t wake up from.

I do like though that all can get it, the poor, the great and the good, the higher ups, no escaping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

The government is probably handling this in as staged and phased a fashion as a democracy can get away with.

I wonder when the scobies will start acting up, though, ala Beast from the East.

Is Cheltenham actually still going ahead tommorrow???

WTF??

Yep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,253 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

My wife and I were planning to visit Dublin tomorrow night to Monday, going to a concert on Saturday night and visiting family over the weekend. Decided not to go now and will go to the re-scheduled concert if we can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

If you see mortagage payments being allowed to be suspended....we have a full italian style lock down coming

Imo strong pissibilty if a no pub paddys day for first time since the 60s

Banks will do this. I’m not sure it suggests we are fecked, again hospital and test numbers will do that. Banks and utility companies rolling back on bills to help could be part of our strategy. If people don’t have to pay them for a few months nobody can really complain about needing to work. Also boosts what allowance people with covid are getting as less bills.

I believe Everything over the next 2-3 months is about keeping people away from people. Economy, work etc doesn’t matter, we all have to just suck this up and go with it. I’m self employed and don’t know how this is going to pan out but I think after a few months we will just have a new normal. Also think for maybe 2 years ,this might be a weird period for us, particularly if there are multiple waves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

flynnlives wrote: »
    Questions to those of you who joined the hoard today in the supermarkets

You do release you increased the likelihood that you might have caught this virus by going to a place full of people.

What is the rational in your brain?
    Do you think the virus hasnt arrived yet or something?
    Are you mentally deficient?
    Are you a moron?

People need to get food for their families. Classy on the mentally deficiency question there btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

MarkY91 wrote: »

Up until the late 60s there was no drink to be had on st pats day.
    It was the same as good friday and xmas day.
    No pubs could open.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement