Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

haydoyo wrote: »
    Any decent company will have provisions in place for their staff to work remotely whether through VPN or something like Citrix.

Anyone in a decent company should be able to work remotely if their role if office based.

Perhaps, Can’t see any of they ones I have experience with doing so tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Is Cheltenham actually still going ahead tommorrow???

WTF??

Betting industry must go on. It's how owners make their money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JDD

Has anyone talked about Katie porter yet? Apparently the head of the CDC in the States has the authority to release federal funds so that getting tested and treated in a national health emergency is free.

So Katie porter, a congresswoman, grills him until he agrees to trigger this power, which means everyone in the US will be able to get tested, and if positive, get their treatment for free.

This is monumental, not least because the CDC guy is a Trump appointee.

This will protect all of. It may prevent the US beaming a basket case that keeps reinfecting the rest of the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭Carbon125

rusty cole wrote: »
    Can I ask, if it lasts on hard surfaces for so long (up to days), wouldn't money which is kept often in pockets and can be moist and at body temperature, be a breeding ground and also a great medium for transfer which dint't fit standard transfer in the community? also the sharing of notes common "notes" / devices for the use of cocaine snorting and the likes?
    The Chinese banks sterilise all money...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

ITman88 wrote: »
    Perhaps, Can’t see any of they ones I have experience with doing so tho

Major Multinationals will. Irish SMEs that are not tech based? I would agree with you. The ones I worked with would have no idea how to set up a VPN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

Omackeral wrote: »
    People need to get food for their families. Classy on the mentally deficiency question there btw.

But you can get food any day of the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Doesn’t this all feel so surreal?

I feel like it is a nightmare I can’t wake up from.

yes, like a movie , you are waiting to end -

I remember the Road movie, in the post apocalytic times - but we are in reality - and tomorrow we will wake up to more bad news , got to hang on to nuggets of hope - I can't even drink, so I'm in reality 24/7 - good night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

It would have been nice to try limit/quarrantine travellers)
    rusty cole wrote: »
    listening to Simon coveney on prime time would make you sick. Trying to sound like a veteran epidemiologist whilst dismissing experts sitting feet away from him. Stick to making a shambles of housing Simon, you leverett!

Also is it me or are the HSE only recruiting "experts" with glasses and beedy eyes?? are the also trying to "impression manage" as though we have stereo typical scientists on the case. One such "nerd-alike" crumbled to bits when cornered over protocol regards testing, the squirming and shyte talk was off the charts!

Can I ask, if it lasts on hard surfaces for so long (up to days), wouldn't money which is kept often in pockets and can be moist and at body temperature, be a breeding ground and also a great medium for transfer which dint't fit standard transfer in the community? also the sharing of notes common "notes" / devices for the use of cocaine snorting and the likes?
    Yes. Yes to all of this.

Coveney on travel as well, what shameful farce of a man supposedly elected as a "leader". Health conversations stemming from health interviews.

I'm not going to post my petition but ehhhh... They just seriously need to impose travel restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I think the same bogus ****e circulated early in the week.

You can bet if the HSE had to remove people from somewhere it wouldn't do it in a fleet of wailing sirens

What was circulated earlier in the week?

Candamir wrote: »
    Personally I thought Simon Coveney cane across very well on prime time, and everywhere else I’ve seen him talk on this issue.

To answer your question, no, money notes can’t act a a breeding ground for viruses. Viruses can only replicate/multiply in living cells, so they won’t replicate on sweaty notes, dirty counters etc etc.
    Inanimate objects obviously can be contaminated, but the viral won’t replicate on it.

Nobody said anything about replicating on the notes, I mean even a trace, the same way it remains on rails and edges on buses FFS!! a scientist on channel 4 said it can last on a hard surface like a bus bus hand rail for up to 2 days. IN materials like cotton and less dense soft surfaces, it;s less. being than money is an alloy, I's say it can remain there in any small capacity as though to transfer, NO?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

branie2 wrote: »
    I can always watch a DVD or Blu-ray at home, or read a book.

Ah you can do so much more - I am
    plotting a small veg patch (though the weather is ****) I have started a family internet group for sharing daily talents in art, writing, music whatever - just a bit of a fun connection especially with the younger members. We can still go out for a long drive...a quiet country walk. Just stay away from folk, in the main. (perhaps you're taking the piss...(¬_¬)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

There is absolutely no way authorities will allow the possibility of people gathering in pubs for St Patrick’s Day, I may be a bit pessimistic but I expect more stringent measures by, at the latest, Monday next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Is Cheltenham actually still going ahead tommorrow???

WTF??

Everyone who went I hope will be put in quarintine

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭LeineGlas

MarkY91 wrote: »
    What happened in the 60s?

Pubs were closed on Patrick's Day from 1903 until 1970s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

flynnlives wrote: »
    But you can get food any day of the week

And if you hadn’t enough today, you’d have gotten some. Doesn’t mean you’re mentally deficient. Now if you went to Lidl and bought 79 packs of pasta you’re a bit ridiculous alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,644 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

There is absolutely no way authorities will allow the possibility of people gathering in pubs for St Patrick’s Day, I may be a bit pessimistic but I expect more stringent measures by, at the latest, Monday next.

So you're saying, buy a few slabs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

To think that this day last week leo was still hummin and hawin over cancelling the parade

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 haydoyo

flynnlives wrote: »
    Questions to those of you who joined the hoard today in the supermarkets

You do release you increased the likelihood that you might have caught this virus by going to a place full of people.

What is the rational in your brain?
    Do you think the virus hasnt arrived yet or something?
    Are you mentally deficient?
    Are you a moron?

Go hungry or go to the Supermarket for half an hour when the disease it no-where near its peak yet to stock up?

Are you mentally deficent? Are you a moron?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭hawkwing

I wonder will the toilet roll purchasing epademic die out in the coming days?
    No, not while arces are getting bigger,more numerous and more active :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

LeineGlas wrote: »
    Pubs were closed on Patrick's Day from 1903 until 1970s.

No way? I thought Paddy's day was a major pub day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

To think that this day last week leo was still hummin and hawin over cancelling the parade

To think cheltenham is going ahead tomorrow

This is slightly reassuring for those of us who will be on the frontline.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/protecting-healthcare-workers-from-covid-19-infection-control-works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,332 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

JDD wrote: »
    Has anyone talked about Katie porter yet? Apparently the head of the CDC in the States has the authority to release federal funds so that getting tested and treated in a national health emergency is free.

So Katie porter, a congresswoman, grills him until he agrees to trigger this power, which means everyone in the US will be able to get tested, and if positive, get their treatment for free.

This is monumental, not least because the CDC guy is a Trump appointee.

This will protect all of. It may prevent the US beaming a basket case that keeps reinfecting the rest of the world.

Ah yes Katie Porter the congresswomen from California. Her office posts the video up and it's like watching a surgeon at work such is the level of incisions made.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

Omackeral wrote: »
    And if you hadn’t enough today, you’d have gotten some. Doesn’t mean you’re mentally deficient. Now if you went to Lidl and bought 79 packs of pasta you’re a bit ridiculous alright.

But you are tho.

Youve been repeatedly told on a daily basis to avoid close contact and large crowds.
    That there is a virus thats spread from droplets from other people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

Major Multinationals will. Irish SMEs that are not tech based? I would agree with you. The ones I worked with would have no idea how to set up a VPN.
    I work in a 90 employee non tech based SME. About 70 of our staff worked as a trial run from home today as a test. Worked well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 BetterWay

ShadyAcres wrote: »
    On the dole from today because of this. Coronavirus sucks

Sorry to hear

What was your job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

What's the situation for those who can't work from home, just carry on for the moment I suppose?..

Trying to plan what to do, with kids being off (most likely indefinitely so need to have one of us at home all the time).

I'm not even sure it's worth the hassle of worrying and trying to juggle it, probably only a matter of time before non essential services are closed anyway, here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

Pretzill wrote: »
    Is anybody like me, and feel this closing down of things and social distancing isn't too much of a hardship? I mean, we can still eat, bills will eventually be paid, there's lots of things we can do to enjoy these weeks - even if lockdown happened we could get by with the internet and whatsapp groups etc - avoiding an infectious disease which has the potential to **** with our immune response is far, far worse.

Let's lessen the underlying fear and enjoy a break from.the norm, for a change.

* This could be the wine talking...but feck it :)

Sitting in reading books and eating tinned foods for a month or so sounds a lot better to me than experiencing some of the carnage we've seen in Italy.

Yes. Yes to all of this.

Coveney on travel as well, what shameful farce of a man supposedly elected as a "leader". Health conversations stemming from health interviews.

I'm not going to post my petition but ehhhh... They just seriously need to impose travel restrictions.

I thought Coveney spoke quite well. He was very explanatory and not spooked by any questions. He's doing well in an absolute **** sandwich of a situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

haydoyo wrote: »
    Go hungry or go to the Supermarket for half an hour when the disease it no-where near its peak yet to stock up?

Are you mentally deficent? Are you a moron?

Both of ye are moran's.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement