Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,886 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

France

2020-03-12%20%282%29.png?itok=T3V4vnIJ

Italy

2020-03-12%20%281%29.png?itok=W25Lcy_a

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I work in a 90 employee non tech based SME. About 70 of our staff worked as a trial run from home today as a test. Worked well.

Almost perfect timing for you guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

To think that this day last week leo was still hummin and hawin over cancelling the parade

He probably still is...on his plane...back from the worst US Patrick's Day visit ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

To think that this day last week leo was still hummin and hawin over cancelling the parade

Whatever anybody thinks about before, I think it’s very impressive the amount of things they’ve done in 4 days. Really remarkable, practically closed the country down and the worst thing that’s happened is some very orderly panicked shopping. I really do think people are underestimating how quickly they are reacting now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

flynnlives wrote: »
    Questions to those of you who joined the hoard today in the supermarkets

You do release you increased the likelihood that you might have caught this virus by going to a place full of people.

What is the rational in your brain?
    Do you think the virus hasnt arrived yet or something?
    Are you mentally deficient?
    Are you a moron?

I done a regular weekly shop. Nothing more.

Rational: Need food in the home. Just one of those things.
    Yes, of course we know.
    No.
    No. I'll leave that hat for you to wear. Fits perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

Drumpot wrote: »
    Banks will do this. I’m not sure it suggests we are fecked, again hospital and test numbers will do that. Banks and utility companies rolling back on bills to help could be part of our strategy. If people don’t have to pay them for a few months nobody can really complain about needing to work. Also boosts what allowance people with covid are getting as less bills.

I believe Everything over the next 2-3 months is about keeping people away from people. Economy, work etc doesn’t matter, we all have to just suck this up and go with it. I’m self employed and don’t know how this is going to pan out but I think after a few months we will just have a new normal. Also think for maybe 2 years ,this might be a weird period for us, particularly if there are multiple waves.

Your right we need to suck this up for a few months. Lockdown is going happening now regardless.

I think weird may not justify what’s ahead with regards the economy and future quality of life tho.
    And 2 years may be optimistic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 haydoyo

But you are tho.

Youve been repeatedly told on a daily basis to avoid close contact and large crowds.
    That there is a virus thats spread from droplets from other people.

So if you have no food in the house do you just starve to death going by your logic? You acutally have the IQ of a gold fish.

It is no-where near its peak yet so now is the best time to stock up and in the coming days.

I wonder about people's intelligence but my god you take the biscuit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

LeineGlas wrote: »
    Pubs were closed on Patrick's Day from 1903 until 1970s.

Saint Patrick's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

niallo27 wrote: »
    Both of ye are moran's.

Fail

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

haydoyo wrote: »
    Go hungry or go to the Supermarket for half an hour when the disease it no-where near its peak yet to stock up?

Are you mentally deficent? Are you a moron?

Do you understand how an epidemic works?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

thebaz wrote: »
    yes, like a movie , you are waiting to end -

I remember the Road movie, in the post apocalytic times - but we are in reality - and tomorrow we will wake up to more bad news , got to hang on to nuggets of hope - I can't even drink, so I'm in reality 24/7 - good night.

Ah guys it's bad but not that bad. Do what you can to minimise risk but anxiety and worry never help. I know it is easy to say but stress is also very dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Drumpot wrote: »
    Whatever anybody thinks about before, I think it’s very impressive the amount of things they’ve done in 4 days. Really remarkable, practically closed the country down and the worst thing that’s happened is some very orderly panicked shopping. I really do think people are underestimating how quickly they are reacting now.

Oh I know yeah and I would agree. Mostly a comment on how much has changed in the space of a week more than anything

Yes. Yes to all of this.

Coveney on travel as well, what shameful farce of a man supposedly elected as a "leader". Health conversations stemming from health interviews.

I'm not going to post my petition but ehhhh... They just seriously need to impose travel restrictions.

Also when cornered on us not banning travel he stuttered his way through quoting the WHO and saying they have not said we should do it. HOWEVER the same WHO lambasted countries for not doing enough, letting swathes of Italians in last week was NOT Enough in terms of a measure for safety.

He got a crash course in disaster media training courtesy of a bespectacled spook and regurgitated it with dire results..**** off Simon and go and self isolate for all our safety

Agree Drumpot...I think our leaderss have stepped up and I just hope us citezins will too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Well look at what way most of the animals reacted today in supermarkets, imagine cancelling the parade and shutting schools on the same day -carnage. Yes they could have done this a bit earlier but we are moving in the right direction now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

haydoyo wrote: »
    Go hungry or go to the Supermarket for half an hour when the disease it no-where near its peak yet to stock up?
    Nowhere near peak doesn't mean that going out as a herd of lemmings won't put you at risk.

70 people infected because as few as 4 people at a conference had Covid-19.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭t8010789

In 2020 we thought we’d have flying cars.... but no, here we are teaching people how to wash their hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Anyone watching Question Time on BBC? Host ignoring the guy with the pink jumper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

ShadyAcres wrote: »
    On the dole from today because of this. Coronavirus sucks

Sorry. Hopefully its short term.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

epic fail at emulating a redundant americanism

moron nobody ever said here
    moran just some peoples name
    ffs ppl getting plastic

repent dudes the end is potentially nigh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭ForestFire

But you can get food any day of the week

True.. But that is any day of last week... Or the week before...

But I agree, why would you go down at the busy most insane and packed time with so much close contact with lots of people

Maybe it's the panic that has set in, unlike some of the peppers here, that casually and gradually built up some supplies over weeks, and ironically called the panickers!

I can now stay out of the shops for a few days and return again at off peak times when the fresh stock comes in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Well look at what way most of the animals reacted today in supermarkets, imagine cancelling the parade and shutting schools on the same day -carnage. Yes they could have done this a bit earlier but we are moving in the right direction now.

Too late. Should have been done earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Pretzill wrote: »
    Is anybody like me, and feel this closing down of things and social distancing isn't too much of a hardship? I mean, we can still eat, bills will eventually be paid, there's lots of things we can do to enjoy these weeks - even if lockdown happened we could get by with the internet and whatsapp groups etc - avoiding an infectious disease which has the potential to **** with our immune response is far, far worse.

Let's lessen the underlying fear and enjoy a break from.the norm, for a change.

It's going to be really horrible compared to our normal lives and I think it's normal and healthy to grieve a bit for what we're losing for however long we'll lose them. However it's still going to be, for most of us, a period of extreme luxury and comfort compared to the lives lived by most of the people who have ever lived.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Candamir

rusty cole wrote: »
    Nobody said anything about replicating on the notes, I mean even a trace, the same way it remains on rails and edges on buses FFS!! a scientist on channel 4 said it can last on a hard surface like a bus bus hand rail for up to 2 days. IN materials like cotton and less dense soft surfaces, it;s less. being than money is an alloy, I's say it can remain there in any small capacity as though to transfer, NO?

You asked if notes could be a breeding ground, yes?
    I answered that no, viruses can’t breed outside of living cells. And then I reiterated that inanimate objects could however be contaminated.

What exactly is your problem with my answer? I was trying to help you by answering your question!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

France

2020-03-12%20%282%29.png?itok=T3V4vnIJ

Italy

2020-03-12%20%281%29.png?itok=W25Lcy_a

Any with germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Lads back in my town from Cheltenham already tonight so I'd imagine there are hundreds more back in other towns already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭citysights

But you are tho.

Youve been repeatedly told on a daily basis to avoid close contact and large crowds.
    That there is a virus thats spread from droplets from other people.

On the radio yesterday Irish woman living in Rome said people have to queue a meter away from next person at supermarket check out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I have said it for years. Coveney is like Enda. He can only perform when completely coached on a subject. He cannot wing it whatsoever and is easily caught out.

Leo is much more capable.

paddythere wrote: »
    Sitting in reading books and eating tinned foods for a month or so sounds a lot better to me than experiencing some of the carnage we've seen in Italy.

My thoughts exactly. And it doesn't even have to be miserable food either. I'm in since Monday last ironicallyy hubby (who has an acquired brain injury from stroke and I care for) wants to be out and about :) but I need to keep him safe and I'll do all I can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭maebee

thebaz wrote: »
    Everyone who went I hope will be put in quarantine

Not gonna happen :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement