Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Thats some culture war ****e both sides are doing in America, Tucker not helping but plenty of disphits of all political creeds stoking the fires for retweets.

Trump not on top of this in America obviously... but at least get the feeling many others in power are stepping in to do his job, whether its regarding shutting big events down or testing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Visible From Space, Iran's Coronavirus Mass Graves Give the Lie to the Mullahs' Propaganda

https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/visible-from-space-irans-coronavirus-mass-graves-give-the-lie-to-the-mullahs-propaganda/

No wonder Iran is in Deep Trouble .....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1238076024593801217

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Spain has banned all cruise ships from it's territory and put several towns on complete lockdown.

Do cruise ships ever dock here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Yes, in the summer months it wouldn't be far off one a day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Thats some culture war ****e both sides are doing in America, Tucker not helping but plenty of disphits of all political creeds stoking the fires for retweets.

Trump not on top of this in America obviously... but at least get the feeling many others in power are stepping in to do his job, whether its regarding shutting big events down or testing.

If I ever saw Tucker Carlson in real life, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to resist giving him the wedgie of his life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Thread on military forum about our army being readied to support our civil authorities. All non-essential activities have been suspended.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058061229

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,887 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Singapore banning all visitors with immediate effect who have been in Italy, France, Spain or Germany in the last 14 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

I know someone who went on a cruise that visited islands on the west coast. I don't think it was the sort of giant ship that you think of though; just a ship that did cruises.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Boris & Leo, Ireland & the UK, and two totally different truths in the approach to fighting Covid-19.

The truth is, all schools.must be closed.
    The truth is, all schools must stay open.

Who's right & when will we know?
    I guess time will tell .....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

So are government formation talks supposed to resume when Leo comes back from Trumpland not that it will make much difference at this stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Thread on military forum about our army being readied to support our civil authorities. All non-essential activities have been suspended.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058061229

What ever is planned for next week it's going to be serious. I think what we announced yesterday is only easing us into things. The best we can do is go on full lockdown asap to protect or economy and people in the long term. The government don't want to do it but our borders need to close along with everything else.
    Close everything except food, fuel and pharmacies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Trampas

If you feeling unwell but not been in the locations mentioned but been away I.e. London should you been calling your gp or Ed?

Back and forward to London twice in last 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

Im just so bewildered by all this.Is is this actually happening?You turn on the news, and Leo and Borris are talking like this will be the battle of our lives.Talk about the impending death of loved ones etc.All we can do is hope for the best.But i feel that putting the country, on lockdown for the next few weeks, seems like a case of too little too late.Flights should have been banned, and these sort of restrictions, should have been put in place a month ago.I hope im wrong here, but i think we're fcuked really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

Trampas wrote: »
    If you feeling unwell but not been in the locations mentioned but been away I.e. London should you been calling your gp or Ed?

Call your GP.

Do not go to ED. You'll spread it.

If you're very unwell call 999.

They're specifically asking people not to come into hospitals directly as there are serous infection control requirements.
    Walking into an ED with this could result in major problems.
    Don't walk into any healthcare facility or your GP's surgery.

Phone your GP
    For anything urgent and serious call 999.

The HSE also have a helpline 1850 24 1850

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

Yes, very regular in Dublin and Cobh.

As of now none currently docked in Dublin and one due into Cobh in 20 minutes.

You'd want to be a bit more specific. What kind of unwell are you feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Christ I hope all the staff cleaned the stores and themselves well after yesterday's carnage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Boris & Leo, Ireland & the UK, and two totally different truths in the approach to fighting Covid-19.

The truth is, all schools.must be closed.
    The truth is, all schools must stay open.

Who's right & when will we know?
    I guess time will tell .....

We are right. I am 100% certain. Locking down earlier will have a better outcome in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭blade1

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Christ I hope all the staff cleaned the stores and themselves well after yesterday's carnage.

FFS That's all the hand sanitizer gone already again so! :eek:

blade1 wrote: »
    FFS That's all the hand sanitizer gone already again so! :eek:

...and the toilet paper + all the bread :)

Yesterday was like Christmas Eve in the shops.

Madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Trampas

You'd want to be a bit more specific. What kind of unwell are you feeling.

Throat is irritable, coughing, glands area bit sensitive. Feel the mucus tripping into throat.

Things wouldn’t bother me previously as it’s just a dose and it’ll pass but it’s more the am I a walking virus.

I meant ringing Ed also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Drumpot wrote: »
    This is easily bigger then all three together. Some of us don’t even contemplate what might happen in poorer countries who may have double digit mortality numbers.

I’m 41 and have never known a global issue like this. This is already the biggest thing in my lifetime.

I`m 56 and I always thought 9/11 would be the biggest event in my lifetime. I was so wrong. Incredible how so much has changed since the start of the year and particularly the last few weeks. And we are still only seeing the early stages of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

I wonder if rationing will come into effect for certain items?

...and the toilet paper + all the bread :)

Yesterday was like Christmas Eve in the shops.

Madness.

It's possible were going on full lockdown after the weekend. All those people with, water, food and bog roll might not look so mad then. I'd stockpile some supplies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

I wonder if rationing will come into effect for certain items?

https://twitter.com/franmcnulty/status/1238204691101691904?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

What happened to the Katie Porter post, commendable that she got that guy in the health authority to admit that people without health insurance can get tested for coronavirus for free.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Throat is irritable, coughing, glands area bit sensitive. Feel the mucus tripping into throat.

Things wouldn’t bother me previously as it’s just a dose and it’ll pass but it’s more the am I a walking virus.

I meant ringing Ed also.

Buy these 2 things, if your not.improvef in 24hrs contact a doctor. There's nothing the doctor can give you for those symptoms.

https://www.hollandandbarrett.ie/shop/product/comvita-propolis-herbal-elixir-60085287

And

https://www.avogel.ie/herbal-remedies/echinacea-echinaforce/

I expect you to be feeling better in hours.

It's possible were going on full lockdown after the weekend. All those people with, water, food and bog roll might not look so mad then. I'd stockpile some supplies.

1- There is no need to stockpile anything.
    2- Food supplies of all types are plentiful.
    3- Panic buying & stockpiling is not necessary.
    4- There is no world shortage of toilet rolls.
    5- STOCKPILING IS TOTALLY NOT NEEDED.

The biggest threat may not be from the virus itself, but through unrational human behaviour (like stockpiling) which may lead to civil unrest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This women is of fire and brimstone, you tell them.
    https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1238155454108151808

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Ellie2008

Been up a lot of the night with symptoms of a stomach bug (to put it nicely). I’ve had no other symptoms other than a vague tightness in my chest. My toddler has had a very high temp & my husband said he wasn’t feeling great. I’m pregnant but not worried about that.

I’m torn on the one hand I want to ring the HSE & get tested as we both work in very large offices & the toddler is in crèche & I’d want others to know. On the other I worry I’d be wasting HSE time that would be better spent testing elsewhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement