Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Looks like more panic buying today. Drove past lidl and aldi in Finglas car parks full and people queuing to get in. Doesn't open until 9.
    Absolute idiots all of them. Feel bad for pensioners they get paid today don't they?
    By the time they collect there money there will be fuk all left.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I’m not justifying panic buyers, and mobs descending on shops.

But I will say I can understand why they are afraid.

Yesterday, when Leo gave his speech. I think it hit home for a lot of people what was bout to happen. And it hit them all at once.

For many, that was something we came to terms with over days. For others, it was weeks.

Personally, it was when the Patrick’s Day Parade was canceled. That was such a drastic moment that it spurred myself and my family to take it more seriously. Bought a new freezer and sensibly stocked up on essentials. The shelves in shops looked hit but it was still easy to get whatever. It’s been a few days of gradually increasing worry but because it was spread out, we bough sensibly.

But there’s a lot of people who only realized yesterday at 11:15.
    And they all reached that point simultaneously.
    And when they hit the shops, they found a lot of people had already prepared.

And they panicked. That’s number nature when your country’s leader goes on TV and basically says “you all need to stay at home because a lot of people will die”.

There were a lot of people on here downplaying it all, even on Tuesday night and Wednesday. Some were not genuine (I can’t believe the absolute shambles of some people trolling on such an important issue) but a lot were.

So, drop the smugness and the back patting some are showing because they prepared ahead of time. And realize a lot of people, millions of people, got a very violent wake up call yesterday morning, and are reacting because they are utterly terrified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

jester77 wrote: »
    The US is so f*cked, it's scary reading this, people with obvious symptoms are being refused tests

Same in this country. This has been literally happening here all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Banzai600

My first and only post re this current situation.

last night i picked up 4 cans of beer in an aldi on the way home, place was ravaged. Got to the checkout and let an elderly person go ahead - who was on a stick, had 4 items, i then asked the 2 women ahead of me with their brimmed trolleys to let the guy go, they said NO and start throwing faces etc - i was spewing at the ignorance and pure selfish and pr!ckful nature.

was in a lidl that at 0730 this morning that opened at 0700, ppl RUNNING out with their full trolleys, inside the atmosphere was tetchy, its FCUKING NUTS ! i went in to get a carton of milk for the office, couldnt believe it. Then a guy rowing with staff who had all tills open, but they handled this little pr!ck well. he was about to get ejected by a couple of bystanders, could of got nasty but he would have deserved it.

The irish and this country have turned into repulsive dogs / selfish animals with their disgusting behaviour, and its all walks of life. they'd walk over you dead on the ground. Thats a fact of reality.

the RTE media, FFS , your wan Miley almost foaming at the mouth stoking the fear factor and the ****in idiot news anchor prancing around hoping for impending doom. Some shower of fcuks them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Boggles wrote: »
    The only ones that should be "panic" buying is the HSE and other relevant departments.

Doctors being told to get their facemasks from builder's providers is a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Roger_007 wrote: »
    They seem to have taken the view that it is impossible to prevent the spread of the virus. The figure of 60% is just daft. How could 60% be infected without the rest of the population being exposed one way or another.
    Nobody has any immunity now, so what they are really saying is that virtually everyone will be infected, the vast majority will recover and thereby build up herd immunity.
    It’s a different strategy to most countries and who’s to say it’s not the right one.

The sums don't add up for this. If everyone gets it in a few months then one million would die needlessly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,501 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

If people don't calm the fcuk down, bring in rationing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,535 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Doctors being told to get their facemasks from builder's providers is a joke.

The irony being builders providers don't have them.

We make a lot of the kit we need in Ireland.

Some men in suits should have visited these places by now and said we will be taking X amount of your stuff and we will be paying this and that's just how it is going to be from now on.

Hopefully that has happened by now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

A factory in limerick is working 24hrs a day making masks. They export all over the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Man in lidl with like 12+ cartons of milk each containing 2 litres.

Wtf is he expecting to do with that? It will be gone off in a week ffs.

Are we running out of cows or something?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Blazer wrote:
    That’s it exactly. Most people are clueless about it believing coming Mar 29th all will be grand and dandy because the government gave that date. Anyone with half a brain knows that’s going to be extended. Also people are putting China out there as sure it’s grand now . It’s declining in China. Like a previous posted said China basically interned anyone with the virus in the Wuhan area and no one was allowed leave. A similar example would be if Ireland was cut off with no travel in or out and that would contain the virus here. Within a country that people are still going out, popping to the pubs etc. And people pushing the one percent death rate? Again clueless. Countries that have lower rates all took drastic action at the first sign, not a few weeks into it when it’s too late.

I'm gonna say this now and say this loud

Fcuk China. They brought this hell down upon us.

Hopefully countries recover enough to seriously sanction them in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sheep the lot of them. The rats in landfill will be thick fat when all the pasta gets the wheelie bin and all the drama queens have moved onto the next fad in a months time.
    They’ll punch themselves out by Sunday or so and there will be plenty left for everyone

100% the same people who had #BeKind on their FB profile pictures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,452 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

MarkY91 wrote: »

Should not be sold to him in such quantities

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Well, the educated people would have all been working yesterday while the shops were being run over. I think this says a lot more about the generosity of our welfare system.

Ha ha ha ha

Yeah sure. I’m positive the 191/2 and 201 cars packed like sardines into Supermarket car parks being filled with €80+ loads of shopping were welfare collectors.

Pfffft mup ourra da

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

MarkY91 wrote: »

Is it uht milk? Doesn't need to be refrigerated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

However,,,,,,,

Even if initial safety tests go well, “you’re talking about a year to a year and a half” before any vaccine could be ready for widespread use,
    :0(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

UK gov is essentially insentivising the spread of this virus by their actions.
    I personally won't be meeting with anyone from the bigger isle for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Well, the educated people would have all been working yesterday while the shops were being run over. I think this says a lot more about the generosity of our welfare system.

For fuck’s sake.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Necro wrote: »

And then China say fnck you too...

And then what?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Loads of stock in Fresh Grand Canal Dock and Donnybrook Fair, except for bread, on Baggot St yesterday evening while Tesco on Baggot St was gutted.

Also, Ferryman Pub and H Bar in GCD were so busy yesterday evening with Facebook types, despite no concert being on in the theatre near there.

A lot of idiots out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,328 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

If I ever hear anyone ever talk again about the great Irish community spirit, they can fcuk right off. When the chips are down we're just a bunch of mé féiners, needlessly making a bad situation worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭frash

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Is it uht milk? Doesn't need to be refrigerated

Doesn't that taste like ****e?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Gods Gift wrote: »
    A factory in limerick is working 24hrs a day making masks. They export all over the world.

I contacted this factory back in February. I was looking for some to send to my son and his wife who live in China never really thinking that I would need them myself.

I was told by the factory that their production was sold up to next July.

I see that Germany blocked the export of their home produced masks to Switzerland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

Hitchens wrote: »
    Did any of the psychics, Uri Geller, Old Moore etc, predict this world changing event?

One of the pages from that fiction book (published in the 80s that mention a virus from Wuhan) image that was doing the rounds was apparently not from the fiction book but from a Sylvia Browne book, which predicted a Wuhan-esque virus in 2020 (I imagine the rest of her book is a series of embarrassing fails with regards to predicting anything).

I'm surprised we haven't seen a remarkable prescient quote from Nostradamus which when looked into in more detail doesn't come from Nostradamus at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Hermy wrote: »
    And then China say fnck you too...

And then what?

China officials blaming US. US blaming China. Wars start this way, down the road if this causes real economic depression, these accusations become more serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Omackeral wrote: »
    100% the same people who had #BeKind on their FB profile pictures.

The very same!

Watched a few insta stories there now, and it's the same ones who were in alfies army, who panic bought bread during the storms, who were panic buying yesterday and filming it, and were in the pub hugging, slobbering and skulling bottles of blue wkd last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Necro wrote: »

If it wasn't this deadly pathogen it would be a different one.

What about ebola, swine flu etc? Doesn't matter where they start.
    When this was happening in china nobody gave a ****. Now it's on your door you get it. Racists become exposed at times like these.

Before this is over we will be begging them. Get used to it.

Do your self a favour and be another racist ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

namloc1980 wrote: »
    If I ever hear anyone ever talk again about the great Irish community spirit, they can fcuk right off. When the chips are down we're just a bunch of mé féiners, needlessly making a bad situation worse.

''I'm alright Jack.''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Danonino. wrote: »
    Ha ha ha ha

Yeah sure. I’m positive the 191/2 and 201 cars packed like sardines into Supermarket car parks being filled with €80+ loads of shopping were welfare collectors.

Pfffft mup ourra da

Hang on you think 80+ is a lot of shopping.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement