Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I’m reposting this. What a woman. Thought the guy was going to keep equivocating and dodging but she got him. Coronavirus testing and other things will be free to all Americans independent of health insurance status.

https://twitter.com/adamparkhomenko/status/1238228599087513602?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

I read/ heard somewhere over the last week or two that there's a vaccine for SARS that's close to finishing trials in the US that could help.

I know they contained SARS so maybe emphasis wasn't on it but still, no way we'll have a brand new covid specific vaccine anywhere near a year from now judging by that time line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Is it uht milk? Doesn't need to be refrigerated

Looks like normal milk. He must plan on him and his family eating nothing but cereal for the next week or so.

I'm so angry. Imagine all the elderly people collecting their pension today..many of which are completely alone having to go in and try deal with these bastards and choosing what's leftover on empty shelves :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The very same!

Watched a few insta stories there now, and it's the same ones who were in alfies army, who panic bought bread during the storms, who were panic buying yesterday and filming it, and were in the pub hugging, slobbering and skulling bottles of blue wkd last night.

Would it be off-colour to say we need a cull?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

frash wrote: »
    Doesn't that taste like ****e?

There’s no demand for that because it’s sh!te

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,584 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Tesco Liffey valley absolutely jammed. Queues a good 20 people deep.

Little life hack: Don't fill up a trolley and stand amongst the crowd. Fill a basket because you don't need to panic buy! No queues then :pac:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Denmark: +111 cases.

Very quite drive for me too, but since I work in health there'll be no working from home (unless I get sick, in which case I can do some supervision from a distance)

My wife is the same.

I'm in related field but in IT so can keep remote unless something drastic happens to the physical infrastructure. I'm going to be up to 90 with VPN and MiFi work (or the rest of the team will be while I take their workloads)

Means that neither of us can take time off, for kids. So Grandparents are insisting on minding them. Not a great scenario. Kids will, at least, be isolated to parents/grandparents for the coming weeks.
    Biggest threat is my wife (2 asthmatics in the house) but there is no way that she can not be in the hospital.

If it wasn't this deadly pathogen it would be a different one.

What about ebola, swine flu etc? Doesn't matter where they start.
    When this was happening in china nobody gave a ****. Now it's on your door you get it. Racists become exposed at times like these.

Before this is over we will be begging them. Get used to it.

Do your self a favour and be another racist ****e.

Give over. Chap is critical of a Government. Not everything had to be a race war.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

namloc1980 wrote: »
    If I ever hear anyone ever talk again about the great Irish community spirit, they can fcuk right off. When the chips are down we're just a bunch of mé féiners, needlessly making a bad situation worse.

Lot of good stories out there, my home village is running supplies to any elderly or incapacitated people. There will always be a few *****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭tscul32

Swung into lidl on the way to work to get a cinnamon roll for brekkie. Queues half way down the aisles. Now I have to find a cafe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

China officials blaming US. US blaming China. Wars start this way, down the road if this causes real economic depression, these accusations become more serious.
    If Spectre isn't really behind this then my whole life to this point has been a lie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭amacca

If I ever hear anyone ever talk again about the great Irish community spirit, they can fcuk right off. When the chips are down we're just a bunch of mé féiners, needlessly making a bad situation worse.

Its a vicious circle though.....a lot of those panic buying are doing it because they dont trust their fellow man not to **** them...and tbh the older I get and the more people I meet the more I empathise with that.

I mean look at the absolute twats that are in charge of you at work, a lot of them seem to have got there because they are workaholics or ***** or both and if you want to progress you are forced to follow suit...when something like this comes along they will pay lip service to the "take care of yourself" line but their actions can in many cases be completely moronic when it comes to doing whats necessary to prevent the spread of a virus.

its hard not to be a me feiner and trust your fellow man when such a large proportion of them seem to be utter gob****es.

tscul32 wrote: »
    Swung into lidl on the way to work to get a cinnamon roll for brekkie. Queues half way down the aisles. Now I have to find a cafe.

This should be on the front page of every paper tonight.

#ThoughtsAndPrayers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,706 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

GetWithIt wrote: »
    If Spectre isn't really behind this then my whole life to this point has been a lie.

SPECTRE_Logo.png

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

niallo27 wrote: »
    Lot of good stories out there, my home village is running supplies to any elderly or incapacitated people. There will always be a few *****.

The problem in modern Ireland is “the few” have become the most.
    A nation of selfish,arrogant,entitled gobsh1tes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

China officials blaming US. US blaming China. Wars start this way, down the road if this causes real economic depression, these accusations become more serious.

Yep, that'd be the fear.

And with some of the less stable individuals currently incumbent that fear is more than justified.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

It’s the same generation that invented X factor and goggle box.hardly surprising they turned out to be sheep queuing up for a toilet roll.
    Imagine that.they sit there watching tv,watching other people watching tv.
    Ireland used to produce poets and scholars.now it only has sheep rolling off the production line with peaky blinder haircuts.

God that nonsense is so stupid. Previous generations of Irish people let the church ride rough shod over them and accepted everything they were told. Teachers were allowed to batter children with impunity. There was no golden age that existed previously.

There was a bit of panic yesterday for sure, that is just human nature. In general the vast majority of people will do sensible things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Guven the large threads and the enormity of this event would it be an idea to create a forum for all Covid 19 related threads.

This is effecting such a wide range of issues that one forum with sun forums for Sport, Travel, Health even a general chat and another for those who wish to discuss stats or science

Is say there are numerous threads across all forums discussing similar topics migt be easier to mod on one localised area??

Mods??

*Edit*

Beasty already addressed this in feedback forum...so please ignore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Pitch n Putt

Too true. Once I’m ok f*** you jack. The more you see people throughout different crisis the more you realise the amount of grown adults that are dopes. All stuck on social media and there lives are run by these outlets. Most completely unable to think for themselves.
    Just wait until the current generation reach so called adulthood ��

I’m reposting this. What a woman. Thought the guy was going to keep equivocating and dodging but she got him. Coronavirus testing and other things will be free to all Americans independent of health insurance status.

https://twitter.com/adamparkhomenko/status/1238228599087513602?s=21

I was looking at that earlier, you could see at the end he knew she had him and was actually gracious in defeat

Morning. How are we all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

who is going to looks after kids for people who still have to go to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,706 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

So the British government actually want us all to get the virus to create herd immunity?????

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

niallo27 wrote: »

A guy posted here saying he's available with his car to do food runs for elderly people in certain Dublin post codes.

There's good and bad indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

It's all going to ****e there isn't it? I wonder why.
    My unscientific rule of thumb when scanning that list is that anything over 10% rise is a totally out of control situation.

Also, we jumped way more than out neighbours in that table lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

Spain was upgraded to "non essential travel" late last night (in case it wasn't mentioned)

Made a huge difference to myself as I was checked in and taxi booked for Tenerife flight at 6:30am.

(Granted its more likley we would be bringing the infection to Tenerife than the otherway round)

But with decisive decisions like this, it means we don't have to become experts and make the hard choices...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Hotel Doolin in county clare has told any elderly people that don't want to go outside it will deliver their meals for as long as this lasts, totally free, great to see things like this happening

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Looks like normal milk. He must plan on him and his family eating nothing but cereal for the next week or so.

I'm so angry. Imagine all the elderly people collecting their pension today..many of which are completely alone having to go in and try deal with these bastards and choosing what's leftover on empty shelves :(

If I have to go out for something, in the coming days, I will be taking multiples of what I normally buy, because I will be shopping for my family of 4 AND my parent/inlaws, who are in risk categories.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement