Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

Was in a discount shop in Wicklow who sell everything including food. I was the only one in there for a while. No panic buying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

kevcos wrote: »
    Only 8 new cases reported in China, 3 of them from overseas.
    But lets not highlight that in the media because it kinda quells the hysteria that's being whipped up.

Oh my God, I thought idiocy like this had gone to ground.

I dunnnno whatyer talkin about bowel cancer being dangerous. My uncle Jimmy had an operation for that and he been fine feetle for 20 years since then. Media hysteria says it's dangerous but my Jimmy is living proof that it's nert.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,706 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

Steve F wrote: »
    Apparently the madness has started again in the Supermarkets

Selfish or wha?

I reckon a lot of people who normally shop at weekends, but who are off work today, or have to be off work because their children aren't at school, will do their shopping today. Hopefully by next Monday things will be far more normal, as regards supplies on the shelves.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Apparently the madness has started again in the Supermarkets

Selfish or wha?

Couple in front of me in Tesco this morning had around 20 2 ltr bottles of milk, pretty much all the meat (mince, steaks etc...) they could fit in their trolley, and around 40 easter eggs.

Good thing they are sticking to the essentials.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,501 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

namloc1980 wrote: »
    If I ever hear anyone ever talk again about the great Irish community spirit, they can fcuk right off. When the chips are down we're just a bunch of mé féiners, needlessly making a bad situation worse.

Me Feiners alright, the same sort of people that think its ok to hoard property and keep it intentionally vacant, or pull up the ladder on younger people in their own profession so they can have all the nice things themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

niallo27 wrote: »
    Man you got to get over any issues you have with me over football. I think this is a little more important. And no I dont think 80 euro for a family shop who are stockpiling is a lot no.

It was a lighthearted joke lad. Relax. I don't care about you and your football.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭IQO

cjmc wrote: »
    Where do you go/ring to get tested
    https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/coronavirus.html#Testing

Also having a bit of cough and a slight headache myself for the last three days. Still working from home (I was already since the beginning of the week). It's not very severe - and if I would have had the same around this time last year, before Corona, I would probably just have gone to work.

Not sure if I have the virus now, but there is a chance - and probably the same applies for many other people at the moment, who won't call their GP but are risking the spread of the virus.

I'm now staying at home and intending to call the GP for testing when the situation would get worse (if it would get) - but at the same time I'm then also realising that the numbers of infections we're currently seeing are a bit skewed. Only the more severe cases with visible symptoms (who call their GP for testing and to double check) are currently being counted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Adiboo wrote: »
    It was your whole "Hang on" judgemental comment. Maybe it's not a lot for you or your family, but it is a lot for others. Don't make people feel ****ty about their financial situation for no reason.

Fair enough that wasnt my intention. Apologies if I came across as a dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

I reckon a lot of people who normally shop at weekends, but who are off work today, or have to be off work because their children aren't at school, will do their shopping today. Hopefully by next Monday things will be far more normal, as regards supplies on the shelves.

Of course they will. Its the panic that kills us. Sooner or later it will dawn on people that things continue to be re-stocked. There is going to be some amount of waste though...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Yea, probably....

- I'd say we need a better education system, lest we end up like the Brits & yanks (we're not quite there yet, there's still time)

Says the Irish person who (most likely) can't speak their own language despite having gone through the school system. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Kiith wrote: »
    Couple in front of me in Tesco this morning had around 20 2 ltr bottles of milk, pretty much all the meat (mince, steaks etc...) they could fit in their trolley, and around 40 easter eggs.

Good thing they are sticking to the essentials.

Thats a lot of protein

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Cuckoo7 wrote: »
    Nostradamus did, it went something like “ The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches...“

Hi all.

Sorry I’m late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Omackeral wrote: »
    It was a lighthearted joke lad. Relax. I don't care about you and your football.

Fair enough. Apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭Carbon125

I’m reposting this. What a woman. Thought the guy was going to keep equivocating and dodging but she got him. Coronavirus testing and other things will be free to all Americans independent of health insurance status.

https://twitter.com/adamparkhomenko/status/1238228599087513602?s=21
    I wish more journalists had her skills and wouldn't accept evasive waffle from politicians as answers!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Carbon125 wrote: »
    I wish more journalists had her skills and wouldn't accept evasive waffle from politicians as answers!

What would be even better is if more politicians were like her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Stateofyou wrote: »
    Says the Irish person who (most likely) can't speak their own language despite having gone through the school system. :rolleyes:

I have a cupla focail, but language is not the only indicator of a successful education system..

I'm perplexed, do you think my post was a general dig at Irish people?

Or are you one of the gaggle of gobshites that went panic buying yesterday so you could put it on your insta,?and now you feel offended that I think those people are dangerous idiots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Of course they will. Its the panic that kills us. Sooner or later it will dawn on people that things continue to be re-stocked. There is going to be some amount of waste though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Late 2020

Originally Posted by expectationlost View Post
    whats the ETA on a vaccine?

Late 2020

Any source for THIS please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Isn't there 3 million refugees in camps?

Imagine the breathing ground for the virus there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

jester77 wrote: »
    The US is so f*cked, it's scary reading this, people with obvious symptoms are being refused tests

The US and the UK are fecked. Their response has been disgraceful.

We’re miles ahead of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,501 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Stateofyou wrote: »

Most of us get along fine not speaking a language that hardly anyone speaks on a daily basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Wish I owned a supermarket lads

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

dougm1970 wrote: »
    my wife is in dunnes in sligo presently...just spoke to her on phone...she said its busy..but not too busy...nothing like xmas and no sign of panic buying or anything out of stock.

Quick! Everybody to dunnes sligo, go go go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Isn't there 3 million refugees in camps?

Imagine the breathing ground for the virus there.

Hopefully none of them went skiing in italy

• Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    The US and the UK are fecked. Their response has been disgraceful.

We’re miles ahead of them.

The fundamental issue with the UK is we have people freely coming in and out of the country with no restrictions from my understanding

Said it elsewhere but Cheltenham alone will cause a massive spike in cases for people in direct contact and community transmissions with lads being rattled from beer and immune systems down because of the booze

In essence the government here are taking the correct action but the UK government are ****ing it up for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Most of us get along fine not speaking a language that hardly anyone speaks on a daily basis.

Do you not find that sad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Adiboo wrote:
    Do you not find that sad?

No.

Originally Posted by expectationlost View Post
    whats the ETA on a vaccine?

Late 2020

Any source for THIS please?

This is very positive if true (coronavirus cancels hockey, canada hold my beer)

https://www.narcity.com/news/ca/sk/coronavirus-vaccine-made-in-saskatchewan-is-now-in-the-testing-stages

Just shows how important it is to crack on with socially responsible behaviour for the next while, because by doing so lives will be saved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Macdarack wrote: »
    Quick! Everybody to dunnes sligo, go go go

Two hour drive there, two back, ten mins in there, fill up car with toilet rolls, I think it's worth it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement