Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Well then go if the money means that much to you.

I'm just hoping they stop us going so I can get a refund. Health is much more important but don't be so high and mighty to pretend that money isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Boggles wrote: »
    Football has been shutdown in the UK.

Boris looks like some muppet now that organisations are taking steps themselves that the government doesn't want them to take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Ribs1234 wrote: »
    Uk government guidance is above 37.8. Take a few readings as personal thermometers are not very accurate

Thanks - for the 37.8.

That's something I was doing well before now. Take a reading in one ear, than the other and back to the other ear - and get the average over the three readings.

Brego888 wrote: »
    I'm just hoping they stop us going so I can get a refund. Health is much more important but don't be so high and mighty to pretend that money isn't.

Not in this situation. I'd gladly kiss the €2k goodbye for my health and eliminate the possibility of being stuck out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Panrich wrote: »
    Taking up freezer space with low density calorific foods like bread is not the best idea though even if it can be done.
    Yes, flour is better than bread for long term storage.

Personally I put it in airtight containers because eventually flour weevils are likely to hatch, and they're gross. But as far as I remember they're safe to eat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Fair enough. But it's not a few hundred it's closer to 2 grand.

Apologies, I didn't mean to direct my ire at you specifically. I just don't think any amount of money is worth taking the risk, look at the extreme measures which are being implemented by governments across the world. Holidays are a luxury, not a necessity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Trampas wrote: »
    Throat is irritable, coughing, glands area bit sensitive. Feel the mucus tripping into throat.

Things wouldn’t bother me previously as it’s just a dose and it’ll pass but it’s more the am I a walking virus.

I meant ringing Ed also.

Try Glycerin. 4.99 in boots. Its like lube for the throat.

https://www.boots.com/value-health-g...200ml-10021858

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

Panrich wrote: »
    Taking up freezer space with low density calorific foods like bread is not the best idea though even if it can be done.

but what if you want to have bread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,365 ✭✭✭facehugger99

It's a perfect time to go with the schools shut down really.

Probably a lot quieter out there than normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,539 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Boris looks like some muppet now that organisations are taking steps themselves that the government doesn't want them to take.

Paddys Day Parade in London now gone.

Performers basically said fúck that.

Our governance needs to be putting major pressure on UK or we could be getting that hard border yet.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Premiership suspended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

BetterWay wrote: »
    Sorry to hear

What was your job?
    Outdoor industry. Most business is with schools from all over the country.

I have a holiday booked to Crete in late May which I don’t think I’ll be going on. So I’ve just been looking at their confirmed cases.

Seems like a cluster of cases originated in Israel or Egypt.
    On March 4, two more cases in Greece were confirmed. A middle-aged man in close contact with the fifth confirmed case, tested positive and remains in solitary confinement at AHEPA University Hospital.[12] Additionally, a man who had traveled to Israel and Egypt, was admitted to the General University Hospital of Patras, bringing the country total to nine confirmed cases.[13]

On March 5, 22 more cases in Greece were confirmed. The 66-year-old's wife, who was the ninth case in Greece, tested positive and was admitted to the same hospital as her husband.[14] 21 of their fellow travelers also tested positive, bringing the country total to 31 cases.[15]

On March 6, fourteen more cases in Greece we confirmed. Eleven members of the Israel-Egypt travel group, as well as three people who afterwards came in contact with them, tested positive, bringing the country total to 45 confirmed cases. Schools, universities, theaters and cinemas will remain closed until March 22 in three of the affected areas (Achaia, Ileia and Zakynthos). Until then, sports games in these areas will be taking place without any spectators.[16]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_Greece

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Premiership suspended

Ah, what a shame.

Have to put a nice big "NO WINNER" in the history books going forward.

Tis a shame of the highest proportions.

:pac:

Everton player reporting symptoms consistent with COVID 19 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I know someone working in an electrical goods shop. She said they were out the door yesterday with people buying freezers. If you are the kind of tart to buy another fcuking freezer to squeeze all your goodies into so there’s none left for people who need it, you’re a wojus arsehole of the highest order. I wouldn’t wish coronavirus on you but I do wish you a good dose of the ****s. A dose so bad you’ve to use up all your spare bog roll

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ah, what a shame.

Go read the Liverpool thread. It'll brighten up your day :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Everton player reporting symptoms consistent with COVID 19 now.

That must be why they’ve been playing ****e.

For the last 20 years.

Ah, what a shame.

If Euro 2020 is pushed to next year, they will make up the matches in the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

splinter65 wrote: »
    But they’re not being kept at home. Very few parents were in a position to just stay at home from work today and for the next fortnight to mind them. So they’re being minded elsewhere and there’s no where else today except granny’s or auntie Mary’s.
    And you haven’t answered my question as to if you think the crisis will be over when the schools open up in 2 weeks time...

I didn't answer that. Because it's a stupid question not really deserving of an answer. But given you think you're on to something I'll answer. Of course it won't. The 29th pretty much brings up Easter Holidays. We're fully aware that this is at least the next 5 weeks before school reopens.

At least. In all likelihood I could see this run well into the summer.

Still don't get what your point is. Are you seriously contending that having schools, universities and creches closed will have no impact of social mobility?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icanmunch

A friends employer has given him two options: purchase more days off from the company in order to stay home or else take unpaid leave until business resumes. No option to work from office or home. Does anyone know if that’s above board?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Wailin

owlbethere wrote: »
    Thanks - for the 37.8.

That's something I was doing well before now. Take a reading in one ear, than the other and back to the other ear - and get the average over the three readings.

Fùck me pink

Need to bear in mind the mild category includes people with pneumonia who didn't need urgent/critical care.

Yes, but its still good to see it rising. Let it rise more..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

2-3 % might die but then people come immune and its back to normal

Lockdown won't stop people dyeing it'll just means people die but just more slowly , The country is lockdown for months upon months and then when it comes off lockdown the virus spikes again

England idea is basically just get it over and done with ,

I'm not saying there right but that's is there plan,

In two years time then we will know who done it correctly ,

This article explains why is is important to slow the rate of spread of an epidemic of a serious disease like CoViD-19

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/11/science/coronavirus-curve-mitigation-infection.html

Lockdown and reducing rate and number of contacts will save lives.

Would you be happy to be one of the avoidable fatalities so the rest of us can just get it over and done with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

According to the British Government everyone needs to get Covid 19 to gain immunity
    https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-millions-of-britons-will-need-to-contract-covid-19-for-herd-immunity-11956793

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I know someone working in an electrical goods shop. She said they were out the door yesterday with people buying freezers. If you are the kind of tart to buy another fcuking freezer to squeeze all your goodies into so there’s none left for people who need it, you’re a wojus arsehole of the highest order. I wouldn’t wish coronavirus on you but I do wish you a good dose of the ****s. A dose so bad you’ve to use up all your spare bog roll

Nope, sorry.

Bought one on Tuesday, and bought enough to self-isolate for two weeks if needed.

Coming from a high risk family, we opted to buy sensibly. We didn't buy 2000 bog rolls, but we bought enough mince for 4 dinners, enough chicken for 4 dinners, few bags of frozen veg, etc.

We didn't have the capacity to do so unless we bought one.

I absolutely do agree some people are over-stocking stupid stuff.

But I won't apologize for taking proper precautions to self-isolate for two weeks as needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

2-3 % might die but then people come immune and its back to normal

Lockdown won't stop people dyeing it'll just means people die but just more slowly , The country is lockdown for months upon months and then when it comes off lockdown the virus spikes again

England idea is basically just get it over and done with ,

I'm not saying there right but that's is there plan,

In two years time then we will know who done it correctly ,

There is alot wrong with this line of thinking thats been discussed in these threads plenty of times. When the bodies start stacking up , you will get why this was a terrible strategy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

pad199207 wrote: »
    If your in supermarkets and shops and you an elderly person ask them if they need any help with anything.

Staff in one of the Supervalus in Naas we’re going out of there way to help the elderly today. So kudos to them.

They should set aside the first hour in the morning for elderly shoppers only or the first couple of hours. But its good to see they are being helped.

For every self centred panic buying hoarder, there is on the flip side a decent person thinking of the vulnerable.

Ah, what a shame.

Hah, you're a Utd fan aren't u? I'd say it will be resumed at some point. Expect massive battles in the courts if it wasn't, especially those involved in relegation battles etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Yes, but its still good to see it rising. Let it rise more..........

Sorry for stating the obvious.

You do know people get mild before they get serious.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement