Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Steve F wrote: »
    If this is accurate it's bloody marvelous

Thanks for posting
    Steve

Actually, that paper is high standard so it may well be a cause for some optimism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭facehugger99

And virus all over the handles of the stool, metal bar running across the front of the bar, all the piss in the toilet on the floor and everywhere contaminated with it, all the taps and handles of toilet crawling with it, and depending on the hygiene of the bar man serving you, the glass he held while filling it from the tap will be contaminated.

People need to really wake up to the reality of whats happening in our neighboring country, your a ****ing pleb and so are the bars that are still open.

Ban accepted without argument.

The amount of po-faced, hysterical nonsense doing the rounds is terrible.

Let the man enjoy his pint.

The anti vax nutters are going to have a field day when they do finally have a vaccine.

Check out the conspiracies theory thread about covid they are already. Just make sure that you have enough tinfoil to make a nice hat however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Ironicname wrote: »
    Jesus. From what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Jesus. From what?

Up from 590.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Jesus. From what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Spain latest: 1,188 new cases and 36 new deaths

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

pc7 wrote: »
    No, its the parents who are very dumb, listen to the experts and advice, how is it the governments fault that people are fooking morons.

We cancelled my sons birthday on Sunday. People need to be sensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

spookwoman wrote:

Ouch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,402 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

KWAG2019 wrote: »
    Some great local initiatives emerging: restaurants delivering dinners to elderly /immune compromised/ self isolating. Local groups doing grocery shopping and delivering for same groups. Ar aghaidh le cheile.

It could be what kills em those. A bit like the Cruise Ship isolated people, then feeding them contaminated food/ cutlery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

How many European countries are following the UK model?

The Eu countries may have to change tack when they release those measures there will be bounce back and cases will surge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Check out the conspiracies theory thread about covid they are already. Just make sure that you have enough tinfoil to make a nice hat however.

As long as it doesn’t impact herd immunity, hopefully they don’t take it. No loss, they are a pox to modern society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,539 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Drumpot wrote: »

I hope you mean party. Because that would just be cruel.

:)

Well that is a TLDR if there ever was one.....!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭facehugger99

UK now 798 :eek:

Given they are going for the 'herd immunity' approach it's surely a good thing to see an increase in numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

wylo wrote: »
    Whats he saying and why is there a body in the room?
    He is a well-known actor in Italy. The body is his sister who has died of Covid-19 and at the moment the authorities won't remove the body. He is also in one of the towns that are in lockdown.

Could you not at least light a candle and sing happy birthday to the poor lad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭spookwoman

numbers so far today
    r31bSIv.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

My company are still saying the office is open normal hours and we are expected for now at least to come to work.
    I imagine lots of other companies are the same. Very reluctant to let people stay home.
    Some may not be in a position to support all staff remotely or the job doesn't allow it. Gotta roll with the punches at this stage I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

<snip>

Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,101 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Sure we will be importing a large chunk of infected cheltenham títs soon enough so their numbers can go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

spookwoman wrote: »
    numbers so far today
    r31bSIv.png

is that your spreadsheet?

could you upload to google sheets? id like to make a copy

thanks!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Same thing for my daughters birthday :( but you can't be taking risks now , she is now 7 and took it on board very well and got a few extra pressies from Smyths to soften the blow

pjohnson wrote: »
    Sure we will be importing a large chunk of infected cheltenham títs soon enough so their numbers can go down.

Pisswallet's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

The testing criteria couldn’t be widened until testing facilities had increased. Getting those facilities up and running takes time. The NVRL was the only place that could do the testing at first and they can only process so much.

The amount of po-faced, hysterical nonsense doing the rounds is terrible.

Let the man enjoy his pint.

Make up.your mind, you were just giving out about kids meeting up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Is we still on 70?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

spookwoman wrote: »
    numbers so far today
    r31bSIv.png

Looks like we won’t qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Pseudonym121

Stheno wrote: »
    I think from my extensive reading of us political fiction novels is that if Trump died Pence would take over but they would have to start again with the election process

May be wrong as their system is incredibly complicated

Thanks for the answer. I know Pence would take over as President but what I'm wondering is who would take over as nominee?

For the Republicans I assume Pence will be his Vice Presidential pick so would he move up to be the Presidential Nominee also?

For the Democrats though you could have a situation where Biden gets the nomination, dies and has chosen someone other than Sanders to be his Vice Presidential Nominee. I'm curious what would happen if this Vice-Presidential pick ( say Kamala Harris ) ended up being made the nominee instead of Sanders who would have vastly more delegates pledged.

Someone must have written a novel about some such scenario sometime, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,330 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Just on the UK numbers listen to Dr John's first few minutes, he says the infection rate in your (our) country is 10 to 20 times higher than we are reporting...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement