Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The headline on that says school closures could wipe 3% of GDP according to Ministers. They only give a shiite about the economy.

An an Italian style epidemic could easily wipe 20-30% and cause huge human hardship.

I worry the Tories are relying on nerdy 'super forecasters' and very strange thinking and exceptionalism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

6 travel, 12 contacts and 2 community transmission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

thebaz wrote: »
    and I read a few places that heat , summer in Europe will have no effect on spread - I'm confused
    I think that comes under the unknown unknowns!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

MD1990 wrote:
    Italy cases are not accurate.
    Way more than 17,000 have it.
    Closer to 170,000 i would think

Italy is testing a lot of people, they probably have the most accurate data out there at the moment
    Same rumors about China underestimated numbers when in fact they stopped the spreading and never had the hundred thousands of undetected cases that people were talking about

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Inquitus wrote: »
    Europe and Ireland have a lot more social cohesion than the UK does, the impact of closing schools is less as friends and families step up and help, and even though we do have social issues with kids, they are miniscule in nature compared to the impact having all the UK's schoolkids at home for a prolonged period would cause. Remember the Pea and Rice riots et al of recent times, something truly unique to UK culture, so I can understand their reticence in doing this as it will likely suck up Police and other resources through an increase in crime and anti-social behaviour it causes.

So ... European / Irish kids well behaved, Uk kids not so. That's the reason :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Theyd really wanna let us know where the community transmissions are at this point. Ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

20 new cases for coronavirus. No mention of locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

How many of the 119 are healthcare workers?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

thebaz wrote: »
    and I read a few places that heat , summer in Europe will have no effect on spread - I'm confused

Don't think anyone really knows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭solidasarock

I wonder if there will be another quiet weekend for the Virus this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

20... isn't bad. Is it? Less than the day before.

I mean, it's not good to have more than 0, but in fairness after yesterday I was expecting in the region of 50 - 70 new cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

considering brazil just jumped 87 cases and is currently 30 degrees..

Didnt say it would stop it, but slow it down hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,402 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ireland is doing okay, so far. Only 20 today, I was expecting 90 plus today, for them to double daily

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Yeah that’s very low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,481 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

YFlyer wrote: »
    20 new cases for coronavirus. No mention of locations.

They're no longer providing locations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

I mean, it's not good to have more than 0, but in fairness after yesterday I was expecting in the region of 50 - 70 new cases.

Some here were expecting hundreds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

pgj2015 wrote: »
    700,000 - 800,000

The way thing are going, my guess would be 200-250 million globally over next 12-18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    Italy is testing a lot of people, they probably have the most accurate data out there at the moment
    Same rumors about China underestimated numbers when in fact they stopped the spreading and never had the hundred thousands of undetected cases that people were talking about

Have spoken to people out their, anyone with mild symptoms aren't getting tested They would take up resources. Which is understandable. If you look at the data younger people being tested is very low compared to South Korea and Germany

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Won't seem bad in a weeks time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Juicyfruit

20 including 4 healthcare workers, that’s not bad at all. I was expecting 45+

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

That’s mad. How has that happened?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Seems like a big percentage of HCW though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

BloodBath wrote: »
    7 billion.

username checks out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Definitely better numbers than a lot were predicting anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Down9194

Appears to be very few infections in African countries. is this down to poor testing or diagnosis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Could be a big jump in coming days, anybody can now get tested, no longer a case of having to have been in the country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,481 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Just waiting for the lads cryptically saying they knew what today's number was going to be without telling anyone the number to triumphantly stride in swinging their d!cks like they're Nostradamus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭pgj2015

The way thing are going, my guess would be 200-250 million globally over next 12-18 months.

700,000 - 800,000 was the best case scenario.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement