Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

giphy.gif

The rush to be first to post 20 new cases!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Do you think the children hospital will stop parents visiting sick kids?

My brothers son has been in hospital since birth in December. He said there's no way it can happen but isn't thinking rationally. I explained that it's surely going to happen eventually as people walking into the wards are putting the sick kids at risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

20... isn't bad. Is it? Less than the day before.

20 is good, but realistically we need to be testing a lot more, GP's /Pharmacies or somewhere to get an accurate picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

The other problem is that if this containment strategy here is successful, and we do keep numbers low, there's a big risk of "Ah sure it's grand" mentality kicking in and people behaving stupidly and then we'll get a spike like everyone else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Was in a hardware store this evening getting a few bits n pieces and had to sign my name date and time on a sheet of paper. A lot of writing on it but the jist Of it was I cannot sue them in the future should I get the virus. Everyone had to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭d51984

ROI Cases
    ROI Deaths
    NI Cases
    NI Deaths
    Total Cases
    119 (+29)
    Total Deaths

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭spookwoman

how many were tested, remember that number is up to midday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Juicyfruit wrote: »
    20 including 12 healthcare workers, that’s not bad at all. I was expecting 45+

Just wait another day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

It's not good and still very much inline with the upwards curve. 12 healthcare workers is a nightmare. That's them out of work and countless other staff/patients exposed now too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

a table on measures taken by various countries - seen on Twitter

ES-ct6dX0AIPur3?format=jpg&name=small

https://twitter.com/leehemmings91/status/1238380740062175232

• Registered Users Posts: 49 dickdonk14

Might be nothing but my bin collection day is tuesday. Just got a text saying put bins out for collection tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

That’s mad. How has that happened?

Same way as Dr. Evil demanded $1,000,000 ransom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It's actually 19 today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Too many healthcare workers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

wadacrack wrote: »
    Have spoken to people out their, anyone with mild symptoms aren't getting tested They would take up resources. Which is understandable. If you look at the data younger people being tested is very low compared to South Korea and Germany

mild symptoms may regular flue or cold, they are not being tested in other countries either
    The Italian stats are showing the number of daily swats, a lot of them are negative. If the updated stats come up later i'll post them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

dickdonk14 wrote: »
    Might be nothing but my bin collection day is tuesday. Just got a text saying put bins out for collection tomorrow.

Tuesday is a public holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

I mean, it's not good to have more than 0, but in fairness after yesterday I was expecting in the region of 50 - 70 new cases.

Generally the pattern has been a doubling every 3-5 days so doubling in one day wouldn't be likely unless they really upped the testing rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

dickdonk14 wrote: »

St Patrick's day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

pgj2015 wrote: »
    700,000 - 800,000 was the best case scenario.

I think the opportunity for the best case scenario past about 4 weeks ago approx.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭spookwoman

(including 4 healthcare workers)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Was in a hardware store this evening getting a few bits n pieces and had to sign my name date and time on a sheet of paper. A lot of writing on it but the jist Of it was I cannot sue them in the future should I get the virus. Everyone had to do it.

Means nothing from a legal view.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

thebaz wrote: »
    20 is good, but realistically we need to be testing a lot more, GP's /Pharmacies or somewhere to get an accurate picture.

20 is good if testing capacity has been increased. Be good to see detailed data on this day to day, which locations. Similar to Singapore. It could actually help peoples movement. If we a certain are has a cluster of cases that surely if beneficial if that is shared

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,375 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Just wait another day or two.

You can almost taste the disappointment from some lads that the figures are so low for today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

thebaz wrote: »

more than half a health workers? that's not good news at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

20 new cases
    4 healthcare workers

Two where they "haven't been able to find a link" also known as Community Transmission, can they not just say it straight out. Total seven people who have likely given it to minimum of nine people before being caught, and although those nine people will hopefully be contacted, their close contacts are left go about their business.

The up and down of the figures is very troubling, why do our figures not follow patterns seen in almost every single other outbreak?

Still no travel restrictions and WHO today said that Europe is the EPICENTRE of the virus. Like the shock waves from our ineptitude are going to shake the entire rest of the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    It's not good and still very much inline with the upwards curve. 12 healthcare workers is a nightmare. That's them out of work and countless other staff/patients exposed now too...

The numbers are literally down on yesterday :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

6 patients in ICU.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Juicyfruit

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »

Oh no I know, it’s definitely not good. Just surprised as I expected a lot more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Get Real

The figure isn't necessarily real time. 20 confirmed. But we're still only testing from one lab. How many vials are sitting waiting to be run for a test tomorrow?

Or if you get two samples on same day. One from Dublin, one from Clare. The Dublin sample is collected at 3pm, and delivered at end of shift, it's ready for testing the next morning.

The Clare one is collected the same day (say Tuesday) but at 11pm, ambulance finishes shift at 6am (Wednesday). It's then delivered to Dublin, and isn't gotten round to til the day after again (Thursday)

If you apply that over alot of samples, some days will be lower than others. But an overall rise in the trend. It's not a deliberate withholding of results, but demonstrates it's not always chronological/constant 24hour testing. For now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement