Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

All the HCW makes sense, after coming into contact with that patient

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭isohon

Xertz wrote: »
    An an Italian style epidemic could easily wipe 20-30% and cause huge human hardship.

I worry the Tories are relying on nerdy 'super forecasters' and very strange thinking and exceptionalism.

I take your fears even further, and suggest that they may be at the stage of just listening to whatever vaguely fits with Johnson's impulses, which we know include modelling himself after the Mayor from Jaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 dickdonk14

Fireball81 wrote: »
    Tuesday is a public holiday.
    Forgot its paddy day. Im english that my excuse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Theyd really wanna let us know where the community transmissions are at this point. Ridiculous

Act as if they are in your location and follow the guidelines anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

dickdonk14 wrote: »
    Forgot its paddy day. Im english that my excuse
    No bloody excuse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,032 ✭✭✭circadian

How we managed to stay under 100 today is beyond me. Remember there's anywhere between 24-48 hours lag so I really expect jumps over the next week. If we can stay below the doubling every 6.2days factor we're not in the worst place.

Judging by the images of Temple Bar and the fact that Snow Garden has returned from Cheltenham and intends on going to work next week, it's clear people are not buying in to the social distancing. If we don't get sufficient numbers of people taking this seriously then we are ins erious trouble, our health service needs as much headroom as we cdan give it.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Means nothing from a legal view.

That's more so for contact tracing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭spookwoman

UK numbers were up and down around 4/5 march

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

It just goes to show how much weight there was behind the decision to close the schools. As soon as it was announced yesterday, it seemed to officially kick off the pandemic. People started to panic buy and I saw a lot of people genuinely worried for the first time since this crisis began.

I think things will calm down in the next few days, in the sense that a lot of people will get used to this new norm. Life will continue in lite mode if you will, with everything stripped back.

I can definitely see the government stepping in with regards to pubs. There's no point in closing schools if you're not going to regulate pubs. The next couple of weeks will be interesting, it's very hard to predict exactly what we'll be looking at say in a months time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

So the whole world population of 150,000 with COVID could only fill Croke Park twice?

Fcuk all really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

20 new cases, good to see a slowing down. Hopefully it lasts. Are we almost guaranteed a rise in cases with racegoers returning from cheltenham and st patricks day celebrations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

otnomart wrote: »
    a table on measures taken by various countries - seen on Twitter

ES-ct6dX0AIPur3?format=jpg&name=small

https://twitter.com/leehemmings91/status/1238380740062175232

Everyone out of step except our UK Johnnie ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

without a lock down there is no hopes the numbers are going to go down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

So the whole world population of 150,000 with COVID could only fill Croke Park twice?

Fcuk all really.

That's not the actual number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

You can almost taste the disappointment from some lads that the figures are so low for today.

Have your own read on things all you want but how dare you suggest I’m disappointed you troll.

This a sh*tshow, like nothing anyone has ever experienced that we are headed for and taking false comfort in one day’s figure is ridiculous, there is tonnes of data out there now to indicate clearly where this is headed.

Go put your head back in the sand where it belongs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Surely pubs will be closed before Tuesday?

It simply has to happen.

Probably expecting a run on the offies then.

Will there be door to door house party inspections?

I'm deadly serious here.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Corkgirl20

Are they not staying the areas of the country anyway? South , west , east like they have previously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

It just goes to show how much weight there was behind the decision to close the schools. As soon as it was announced yesterday, it seemed to officially kick off the pandemic. People started to panic buy and I saw a lot of people genuinely worried for the first time since this crisis began.

I think things will calm down in the next few days, in the sense that a lot of people will get used to this new norm. Life will continue in lite mode if you will, with everything stripped back.

I can definitely see the government stepping in with regards to pubs. There's no point in closing schools if you're not going to regulate pubs. The next couple of weeks will be interesting, it's very hard to predict exactly what we'll be looking at say in a months time.

They could impose strict social distancing with peanlties for pubs/restaurants that don't impose them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

The numbers are literally down on yesterday :confused:

Christ. Every other country doubles over 3-6 days. We are still well on that curve.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

Now that everyone can be tested watch the numbers jump we will see a real picture by the end of next week I would imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,641 ✭✭✭✭fits

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Do you think the children hospital will stop parents visiting sick kidsk.

No as long as parents are well. The paediatric hospitals in Italy are quiet apparently. It would be awful not to let a parent in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Corkgirl20 wrote: »
    Are they not staying the areas of the country anyway? South , west , east like they have previously?

Doesn't really matter anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Hope you all enjoyed my radio show earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭The Hound Gone Wild

Fcuk all really.

.... Because China shut down a huge section of their country. F**k the Chinese government but the people of China took one for the team, big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

The up and down of the figures is very troubling, why do our figures not follow patterns seen in almost every single other outbreak?

early days, take a 3 day rolling average and youll see the trend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

namloc1980 wrote: »
    That's not the actual number.

It is. Disappointed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

Fcuk all really.

And every one of them will infect 2 or 3 other people (on average)

This keeps happening and the numbers will rise and rise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Those 4 healthcare workers are not associated with 1 case. that's def not good to hear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Down9194 wrote: »
    Appears to be very few infections in African countries. is this down to poor testing or diagnosis?

They also have less travel and lower population densities methinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭Fishorsealant

Is there any truth to the rumour of Dublin Coach being cancelled?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement