Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

spookwoman wrote: »
    Those 4 healthcare workers are not associated with 1 case. that's def not good to hear
    How do you make that?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Juicyfruit

Shn99 wrote: »
    20 new cases, good to see a slowing down. Hopefully it lasts. Are we almost guaranteed a rise in cases with racegoers returning from cheltenham and st patricks day celebrations?

I’d say we’re almost guaranteed a rise in cases with the amount of mass panic buying that’s been going on over the past 2 days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

Juicyfruit wrote: »
    20 including 12 healthcare workers, that’s not bad at all. I was expecting 45+

It’s 4 healthcare workers looks like rte misfired.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tomrota

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    Now that everyone can be tested watch the numbers jump we will see a real picture by the end of next week I would imagine.

I still don’t trust the HSE. Suddenly going from only Italy and China to everyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

20 new cases ...

The up and down of the figures is very troubling, why do our figures not follow patterns seen in almost every single other outbreak?

Have you looked at other countries. Our figures don't fluctuate as much as many others like Canada, Denmark, Australia and others.

Drill down on the countries here for daily graphs.

https://virusncov.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Just wait another day or two.

Plenty of posters on here constantly saying **** like this...and the numbers never reach anywhere near the level they predict.

Go on, tell us how many will be infected in a day or two then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

It is. Disappointed ?

Don't be a dick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Stheno wrote: »
    Agreed their press conferences today were very reassuring.

And good to hear from the health professionals on here that they feel more optimistic too

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

How do you make that?

I think the 4 are not related to the same 1 case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Surely pubs will be closed before Tuesday?

It simply has to happen.

Probably expecting a run on the offies then.

Will there be door to door house party inspections?

I'm deadly serious here.

Its time to press pause
    A restaurant owner on newstalk let 21 staff go today.
    We need to close non essential services.

Europe needs to close borders

USA delaring emergency

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Seen so many young lads in tracksuits up to no good around town today. Thinking they're in gangs.

Why don't parents realise this isn't a holiday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

I know one person who got tested on Monday with no word back yet, so I wouldn’t take much notice of today’s numbers.
    Looking at report on the news and from news conference it looks like they are losing the run of this. If this gets hold with health workers the country could be in a lot of trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Juicyfruit wrote: »
    I’d say we’re almost guaranteed a rise in cases with the amount of mass panic buying that’s been going on over the past 2 days!

You’re right, but the increase we will see in the next few days will be from what was happening 10-14 days ago, it’ll be a couple more weeks til today’s shoppers and pub goers add to the numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Tippex wrote: »

thats what i said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Don't be a dick

Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

But how is that a good thing, that they were infected in four separate instances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,376 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Plenty of posters on here constantly saying **** like this...and the numbers never reach anywhere near the level they predict.

4 and half million.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

Tomrota wrote: »
    I still don’t trust the HSE. Suddenly going from only Italy and China to everyone?

This is just my feeling but I feel like there will be changes on Monday I’m hearing a lot of things from different people I know it’s gossip but you keep hearing the same thing from different sources They can’t all be wrong. I feel like there is a lot going on in the background right now possibly gearing up for Monday. Time will tell if I’m right or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭spookwoman

How do you make that?

Listening to the hse briefing thats what they said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Seen so many young lads in tracksuits up to no good around town today. Thinking they're in gangs.

Why don't parents realise this isn't a holiday

They're too busy down the pub!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

This is just my feeling but I feel like there will be changes on Monday I’m hearing a lot of things from different people I know it’s gossip but you keep hearing the same thing from different sources They can’t all be wrong. I feel like there is a lot going on in the background right now possibly gearing up for Monday. Time will tell if I’m right or not.

Get off Facebook and Whatsapp. Will do wonders for your anxiety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭KaneToad

They can all be wrong! That's exactly what gossip is!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Predictions? What nonsense are you spouting - the numbers and data is widely available. It ain’t gonna magically stop in Ireland tomorrow while it continues to spread everywhere else. Zzzzz... same nonsense over and over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Surely pubs will be closed before Tuesday?

It simply has to happen.

Probably expecting a run on the offies then.

Will there be door to door house party inspections?

I'm deadly serious here.

Offies be still open?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I know it's been said, but for one moment let's stop and think of all the people working crazy shifts right now in healthcare and government agencies.
    Many of those same people who probably came under flak before this.

From moving equipment, clearing hospitals, doing tracing, calling people, doing announcements, rearranging stuff.

From the lowest paid to the top rank.

Everything they are doing will save lives.

These are now the unsung heroes of our country.
    I hope we can help them and thank them when the times comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

Get off Facebook and Whatsapp. Will do wonders for your anxiety.

Non of it was from social media it’s all from people I know . Hopefully I’m wrong time will tell

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Plenty of mayonnaise in Dunnes Ennis , do you need me to get anything else?
    No rampage or hysteria here, shelves packed and people behaving like mature adults.
    Ill be home in 30 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Juicyfruit

It’s 4 healthcare workers looks like rte misfired.

Yeah see that now. Got a bit ahead of themselves with their news flash pop up!

Have edited my original post.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 BetterWay

Anyone else a bit numb after Pseudonym's post earlier saying they predict 60 thousand in the Republic die from this?

He/she have been right about everything so far before it happened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Non of it was from social media it’s all from people I know . Hopefully I’m wrong time will tell

You might ask yourself where they got their info.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement